Cell Phones

Awful unlocking experience... any recommendations?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2016 10:43 am
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1352 posts
689 upvotes

Awful unlocking experience... any recommendations?

I ordered an unlock code from http://www.theunlock.ca/... Delivery time was quoted at 6-10 hours, and 18 hours later (and several unanswered emails), I still don't have my code. I'm going to request a refund through PayPal. Any recommendations for a reliable unlocking service? This shouldn't be a problem; phone is an LG G4.

Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend TheUnlock.ca to other RFDers!
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2008
1400 posts
301 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
unlockbox.ca

$15 for my S7, and pretty fast. I've used them half a dozen times.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
You're playing pretty fast and loose with the definition of "awful" here.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5180 posts
1273 upvotes
Used Mobifree for my sister's S6, as it was the cheapest price. Said 1-24hrs, got my code in around 22. Didn't receive any e-mails though; had to check my order status to get the code.
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
rahzel wrote: Used Mobifree for my sister's S6, as it was the cheapest price. Said 1-24hrs, got my code in around 22. Didn't receive any e-mails though; had to check my order status to get the code.
Yeah, I had the same issues.
I unlocked the LG Tab 3 with him, and didn't get any e-mails.
I had to go to the website put in my info there to check the status.
But it was done within 4 hrs for under $5CAD, so no complaints.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
psyko514 wrote: You're playing pretty fast and loose with the definition of "awful" here.
This. If it was 18 hours at 6:30 on a Saturday, that would imply that OP ordered around midnight on Friday night. That's some pretty heavy expectations to assume that a cheapo unlocking outfit is sitting up in the middle of the night waiting for orders to come in so they can hop on unlocking the phone right away.
Apr 2, 2009
920 posts
203 upvotes
Markham
Password wrote: I ordered an unlock code from http://www.theunlock.ca/... Delivery time was quoted at 6-10 hours, and 18 hours later (and several unanswered emails), I still don't have my code. I'm going to request a refund through PayPal. Any recommendations for a reliable unlocking service? This shouldn't be a problem; phone is an LG G4.

Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend TheUnlock.ca to other RFDers!
It's probably 6-10 hours during a regular business day (typical 9-5).
You'll find similar results with all unlocking companies you go to.
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.