Jan 29, 2010
1152 posts
1092 upvotes
Toronto

Free AWS hoodie after playing a game

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Aws
I didn’t know if you would really get a hoodie after finishing this game before, but today, I received an email that asks for my shipping information and to select a size. So I’m pretty certain the free hoodie is real. You must finish the game (takes 10 mins) in the link and be registered to AWS reinvent conference. You will later get an email with a code to enter to get your free hoodie.

Registration to conference (free) is here: https://reinvent.awsevents.com/

Game is here:
https://reinvent.awsevents.com/play/cable-detective/

Edit: Game is cable detective. Revised the link to work. Thanks injust
Images
  • 2E8DAED5-5494-40C9-986C-D614612BD933.jpeg
  • 06DC4A9D-97F2-40C4-95A4-D2DE7C0372DB.png
Last edited by jillaryit on Dec 8th, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
179 replies
Aug 18, 2008
404 posts
289 upvotes
I registered and logged in, but after playing through the game using each of the links you provided it appears as though I'm not logged in when the game closes.

Hopefully I get credit for playing the game, I don't want to do it again....
Last edited by hp.. on Dec 8th, 2020 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
May 7, 2007
13265 posts
5397 upvotes
jillaryit wrote: I didn’t know if you would really get a hoodie after finishing this game before, but today, I received an email that asks for my shipping information and to select a size. So I’m pretty certain the free hoodie is real. You must finish the game (takes 10 mins) in the link and be registered to AWS reinvent conference. You will later get an email with a code to enter to get your free hoodie.

Do you have to register for that first ... or play the game first?

And how exactly and where do you register for that?

Here I guess: https://reinvent.awsevents.com/
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1265 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
jillaryit wrote: I didn’t know if you would really get a hoodie after finishing this game before, but today, I received an email that asks for my shipping information and to select a size. So I’m pretty certain the free hoodie is real. You must finish the game (takes 10 mins) in the link and be registered to AWS reinvent conference. You will later get an email with a code to enter to get your free hoodie.

How long did it take to get the email after submitting the form?
Public Mobile
Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1152 posts
1092 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote: Do you have to register for that first ... or play the game first?

And how exactly and where do you register for that?

Here I guess: https://reinvent.awsevents.com/
Yes this is where I registered.

After completing the game, you have a form to complete. Here, the instructions says you must be registered for the conference to receive the gift. And they say they will cross check the info you submit to the registration list.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1152 posts
1092 upvotes
Toronto
injust wrote: How long did it take to get the email after submitting the form?
Like a week after beating the game.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1152 posts
1092 upvotes
Toronto
hp.. wrote: I registered and logged in, but after playing through the game using each of the links you provided it appears as though I'm not logged in when the game closes.

Hopefully I get credit for playing the game, I don't want to do it again....
I don’t think you need to be logged in to get credit for the game. After beating the game, you fill in your information for the gift. I remember it said that it cross reference to the registration list to ensure you’re registered for the conference to be eligible for the prize. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t logged in when I beat the game because I registered for the conference after reading that they cross check the information.

Also in the game winning page, I think you can keep submitting application for the prize if you go back a page after you register once for the gift. Because I did that and I have 2 gifts for 2 emails despite beating the game only once.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2013
1265 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
jillaryit wrote: I don’t think you need to be logged in to get credit for the game. After beating the game, you fill in your information for the gift. I remember it said that it cross reference to the registration list to ensure you’re registered for the conference to be eligible for the prize. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t logged in when I beat the game because I registered for the conference after reading that they cross check the information.

Also in the game winning page, I think you can keep submitting application for the prize if you go back a page after you register once for the gift. Because I did that and I have 2 gifts for 2 emails despite beating the game only once.
The 2 emails you received, were they to personal or business emails?
Public Mobile
Tangerine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1152 posts
1092 upvotes
Toronto
injust wrote: The 2 emails you received, were they to personal or business emails?
Hotmail and outlook. Personal
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4105 posts
3569 upvotes
Richmond Hill
My internet cut out when I was trying to load the 4th city. Now I gotta do it all over again!
Aug 18, 2008
404 posts
289 upvotes
jillaryit wrote: I don’t think you need to be logged in to get credit for the game. After beating the game, you fill in your information for the gift. I remember it said that it cross reference to the registration list to ensure you’re registered for the conference to be eligible for the prize. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t logged in when I beat the game because I registered for the conference after reading that they cross check the information.

Thanks for the info! Nothing came up asking for my address or information after I completed the game, so obviously something went wrong. Maybe I’ll try it using a different browser tonight.
Mar 15, 2011
564 posts
416 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks OP.
For those unable to see for the form after playing the game make sure that your browsers tracking protection is off for the site. For Firefox, click the little blue shield icon beside the url.
Aug 21, 2017
94 posts
191 upvotes
yeah the 4th city won't load for me but pretty fun game
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1502 posts
1055 upvotes
Calgary
I hope they don't make you attend the event to pick up the gift
Nov 14, 2003
462 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Freebie101 wrote: Thanks OP.
For those unable to see for the form after playing the game make sure that your browsers tracking protection is off for the site. For Firefox, click the little blue shield icon beside the url.
OK, got to the party, didn't see how to complete. Tracking was off. Now I have to start all over? How do you win once you complete the 4 cities?
Aug 18, 2008
404 posts
289 upvotes
Cnsultnt wrote: OK, got to the party, didn't see how to complete. Tracking was off. Now I have to start all over? How do you win once you complete the 4 cities?
Click on the three people in the middle, then a chicken will appear on the right. Click on the chicken as it moves around the room.

From the confirmation email, how much trouble will this be:
Please note, for all international shipments a customer service rep from UPS will be calling or emailing you about your shipment to verify who you are, what your order is, and who you are choosing to broker the goods on your behalf for importing purposes.

If you have not been contacted by UPS, we highly recommend you contact your local UPS Hub, provide your tracking number and select UPS to be the broker of your shipment. This will not only expedite delivery but will ensure a smoother delivery process, as there will be additional information required that must be verified before your package can be released from customs and ultimately delivered.

There will be no additional cost to you to do so. Thank you!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8715 posts
1660 upvotes
Well done, the game was fun. Waiting for my Hoodie link.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9426 posts
14420 upvotes
Thanks OP!

Just completed the game, and entered my info.

Hopefully the request will be approved.