1 upvote
Ajax

AYCE Decisions - Please Update Jan 27, 2006

Need to pick a place for AYCE

Not picky
love food
markham/scarborough no problem

Have been to: akiyama, ikura,s07, monogolian,starwalk, umi

should I revisit one of these or try something new???
wasabi, yang's.......

TRUENO92- I especially need your help
13 replies
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
bell02fantasy wrote:Need to pick a place for AYCE

wasabi, yang's...
go to a regular restaurant with menus.

SAME PRICE and you'll be able to bring home LEFTOVERS.

Wasabi sounds like it is STILL bad.

NEW Asian SUPER BUFFET at Markham Road and Ellesmere.

Go check it out and tell us about it. THANKS!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
Iron Chef Ajax wrote:The the one in Whitby.

details about markham and ellesmere
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
keanefan wrote:go to a regular restaurant with menus.

SAME PRICE and you'll be able to bring home LEFTOVERS.

Wasabi sounds like it is STILL bad.

NEW Asian SUPER BUFFET at Markham Road and Ellesmere.

Go check it out and tell us about it. THANKS!
no info on the new place at markham and ellesmere
Dec 24, 2005
530 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
you been to China Buffet King located at Metropolitan road? If you like sushi and want to eat them during your AYCE, CBK is not the best choice. They don't have much selection on sushi.

You can also try Mandarin located in downtown
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
joker32 wrote:you been to China Buffet King located at Metropolitan road? If you like sushi and want to eat them during your AYCE, CBK is not the best choice. They don't have much selection on sushi.

You can also try Mandarin located in downtown

I guess I will try back at ikura, it was awesome the first time i went...
anymore in infor on the super asian buffet at markham and ellesmere...
I am going out for dinner tomorrow
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
wasabi is not too bad, i went there past friday. it was decent. food quality, food was served on a timely manner.

add $3.99 on top of the ayce price then you get to have these "huge" clams. when I say "huge" I mean it! although the meat it really chewy and rubberish but hey just by looking at these clams I think you got your $3.99 worth!

the rolls, sashimi was at decent quality. overall I think they improved quite a bit over the last time I went there. give it a try!

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3641 posts
781 upvotes
I thought wasabi was ok, I liked the food selection. The wait staff did forget a couple of the things we ordered, anything that was grilled, but this didn't happen too often. This is just my opinion, although I haven't been there in a few months.
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
bell02fantasy wrote:Need to pick a place for AYCE

Not picky
love food
markham/scarborough no problem

wasabi, yang's.......

TRUENO92- I especially need your help
my apologies guys, as i have been MIA for a bit!! just cutting back a bit on the eating due to that dreaded holiday-weight.

Either way, my advice is check out what it is you are looking for, do you want an abundance of 200+ items to choose from (most are rehash ie, 1. shrimp tempura, 2. vegtable tempura, 3. shrimp + vegtable tempura = 3 diff items @ ayce) OR do you have a list of items that are your favs and just want an unlimted amount of them? For a friend of mine, he can pack away salmon/tai/mackeral sashimi by the pounds and enjoys eel handrolls and spider rolls. FOr cooked food he likes his tempuras and yakitoris (skewered meat). For him, SAKE under pac mall fits the bill as its only $12.99 for lunch and all his fav items are on the menu. I have checked this out with him and for under $15, he wouldn't even be able to get the sashimi alone (~ 30 pcs) for that price. I can vouch for the quality, during the lunch and dinner that i had went,the spider rolls are generous and the sashimi was fresh as any other ayce with some very good cuts of fish. The cooked food was very decent and the yakitori was quite good, beef/chicken, the sauce they used has changed a bit. both times i had been, the service has been very acceptable. They raised their dinner prices to $14 now, but for the price, its still a good deal in my books.

Maison du Japon has gone down in quality which sorta sucks. the sushi tastes premade, or at least preassembed and service is sorta lacking i find.

Syogun is mediocre at best, and thats even marginal with so many ayce's out there.

Wasabi never turned my crank and my impression was that it was just a few almost-of-age hot waitresses and a bunch of guys that should be mixing bbltea, rather than making sushi..

I haven't been to SON7 in a while, but from the attempts that i have made, they are still drawing in the crowds, so i will assume the food is still worth those making the trip.

if any of our ayce-owners are reading along, here's a hint:
people have just recovred from their holiday spending, time for a few uni/ikura/toro/maguro/hamachi promos to float about and start this new year with a fresh take on ayce!
☆The GTA's Finest All You Can Eat Sushi Reviews☆

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Nov 29, 2005
287 posts
51 upvotes
Thornhill
this is a copy and paste from another post i made in another thread, just didnt want to type out the same info

I know of a really good place called Sushi Island, it is on College, intersection of College and Clinton. The good thing about this AYCE is that if you dont eat the raw stuff you dont have to have the same price tag. They have the most amazing and innovative rolls there, with a choice of brown rice even.

If you're like me, youre tired of the California roll. How about tempura shrimp with green grapes in a roll? its amazing for summer. anyways I got recommended to this place by a friend and I wanted to do the same to all my RFD's. the best thing is, their quality, i PROMISE you it wont be cheap sushi, they make their sushi as if it was all a la carte.

The menu is as follows:

All You Can Eat I $12.99 per person
Whole selection of our delectable Maki and Hand Rolls
Includes: Miso soup and Green salad

All You Can Eat II $16.99 per person
With the exception of Nigiri and Sashimi Sushi, choose anything from our food menu
This also includes our dessert menu

All You Can Eat III $20.99 per person
Whole selection of our food menu, excluding Uni & Hamachi

uhhh i think kids are 1/2 that price. the address is "571 College St. W." and their number is (416) 535-1515. they get busy on the weekdays so i would call in advance to book a seat. also when you get there, dont be deceieved by their sign, i was and inside is so pretty, maybe they are renovating or something.
Twitter: @Steflau
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
essence wrote:this is a copy and paste from another post i made in another thread, just didnt want to type out the same info

I know of a really good place called Sushi Island, it is on College, intersection of College and Clinton. The good thing about this AYCE is that if you dont eat the raw stuff you dont have to have the same price tag. They have the most amazing and innovative rolls there, with a choice of brown rice even.

If you're like me, youre tired of the California roll. How about tempura shrimp with green grapes in a roll? its amazing for summer. anyways I got recommended to this place by a friend and I wanted to do the same to all my RFD's. the best thing is, their quality, i PROMISE you it wont be cheap sushi, they make their sushi as if it was all a la carte.

The menu is as follows:

All You Can Eat I $12.99 per person
Whole selection of our delectable Maki and Hand Rolls
Includes: Miso soup and Green salad

All You Can Eat II $16.99 per person
With the exception of Nigiri and Sashimi Sushi, choose anything from our food menu
This also includes our dessert menu

All You Can Eat III $20.99 per person
Whole selection of our food menu, excluding Uni & Hamachi

uhhh i think kids are 1/2 that price. the address is "571 College St. W." and their number is (416) 535-1515. they get busy on the weekdays so i would call in advance to book a seat. also when you get there, dont be deceieved by their sign, i was and inside is so pretty, maybe they are renovating or something.

well I might try Ikura again, instead of driving to SON7 - I just don't feel I get good service at SON7