None
[OP]
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

AYCE Hot Pots Buffets

so which place do you recommend?

i remember bayview garden (on hwy7) used to have large oysters (the ones in chinese supermarkets) in their buffet...anywhere have that now?
Mok
29 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
1661 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Rolling Pot (Outside Pacific) - I remember getting crab legs, and a plate of sashimi.

Hot Pot King (Club 300?)

Destiny Hot Pot ??? (beside Destiny on Silver Star) - Tiny little place, but I remember they had AYCE oysters, and crab last time that I went
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Don't know the name of the place but it's on Warden just south of Finch on the East side of Warden. This huge place.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
[OP]
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Degenerate wrote:Don't know the name of the place but it's on Warden just south of Finch on the East side of Warden. This huge place.
i think that one is called duck hing....
S14_Raven wrote:Destiny Hot Pot ??? (beside Destiny on Silver Star) - Tiny little place, but I remember they had AYCE oysters, and crab last time that I went
i going to try this one since they have oysters heh...

ohh, and there is one at Times Square under Times Dynasty Restaurant...
Mok
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6274 posts
66 upvotes
Etobicoke
Flavour King @ NW corner of Midland & Finch.

The have normal hot pot, hot & spicy hot pot and half/half hot pot. Sichuan flavour.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2084 posts
109 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:Don't know the name of the place but it's on Warden just south of Finch on the East side of Warden. This huge place.
This place used to have the big oyster but now they give you these frozen tiny ones.. Not worth to go there anymore..
[OP]
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
so is there any place with AYCE oysters? i know some places give you 1 seafood platter to begin with and that's it...
Mok
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24162 posts
1421 upvotes
Markham, ON
eelfliw wrote:Flavour King @ NW corner of Midland & Finch.

The have normal hot pot, hot & spicy hot pot and half/half hot pot. Sichuan flavour.
OMG i think i died and got resurrected at this place 1 year ago...the hottest meal i ever had in my life...mind you I only had like 5 red peppers too!

the guys next to me had a hot pot full of red peppers...it had a good 30-40....after their meal...they had inflamed lips...it was the most funniest look ever haha :lol:

I enjoy the place at Birchmount and Finch...or was it Warden...maybe it is warden...its in a plaza with the TD bank.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote:OMG i think i died and got resurrected at this place 1 year ago...the hottest meal i ever had in my life...mind you I only had like 5 red peppers too!

the guys next to me had a hot pot full of red peppers...it had a good 30-40....after their meal...they had inflamed lips...it was the most funniest look ever haha :lol:

I enjoy the place at Birchmount and Finch...or was it Warden...maybe it is warden...its in a plaza with the TD bank.
Warden
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
[OP]
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
S14_Raven wrote:Rolling Pot (Outside Pacific) - I remember getting crab legs, and a plate of sashimi.

Hot Pot King (Club 300?)

Destiny Hot Pot ??? (beside Destiny on Silver Star) - Tiny little place, but I remember they had AYCE oysters, and crab last time that I went
thx s14_Raven, went to Destiny Hot Pot couple of nights ago and it was good, big oysters here...only thing is they bring out one dinky plate every hour or so and it's gone in (literally) 4 seconds. $14.99 on weekdays, add $2 on weekends.
Mok
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
Mok wrote:thx s14_Raven, went to Destiny Hot Pot couple of nights ago and it was good, big oysters here...only thing is they bring out one dinky plate every hour or so and it's gone in (literally) 4 seconds. $14.99 on weekdays, add $2 on weekends.

what other seafood they got there?
crab?
shrimp?

what kind of soup base do they offer? and if the oysters are gone in a few seconds, how many do you get to eat per night?

i'm thinking of goin there

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
[OP]
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Xtahse wrote:what other seafood they got there?
crab?
shrimp?

what kind of soup base do they offer? and if the oysters are gone in a few seconds, how many do you get to eat per night?

i'm thinking of goin there
they have crab, lots of shrimp (big & fresh)
soup base they have a large variety...

oysters i had 2 that night, i went and got 3 total for my table....
Mok
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
1661 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Mok wrote:so is there any place with AYCE oysters? i know some places give you 1 seafood platter to begin with and that's it...
I know of one place that has AYCE oysters, but it's not hot pot. It's the hotel on Warden and 7. AYCE oysters, crab legs, and lobsters. Quite pricey though 39.99 IIRC. The lobsters are tiny (about 1lb'ers), but if you can scarf it down, go for it.
[OP]
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
S14_Raven wrote:I know of one place that has AYCE oysters, but it's not hot pot. It's the hotel on Warden and 7. AYCE oysters, crab legs, and lobsters. Quite pricey though 39.99 IIRC. The lobsters are tiny (about 1lb'ers), but if you can scarf it down, go for it.
it's at the parkway sheraton right? i went there long time ago when i was less than $25 a person, now they jacked up the price heh.
Mok