Food & Drink

AYCE Hot Pots Buffets

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2004 7:19 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
S14_Raven wrote:I know of one place that has AYCE oysters, but it's not hot pot. It's the hotel on Warden and 7. AYCE oysters, crab legs, and lobsters. Quite pricey though 39.99 IIRC. The lobsters are tiny (about 1lb'ers), but if you can scarf it down, go for it.


... so this is like a seafood buffet? steam or boil lobster? is it alaska king crab legs? is this located in the hotel? is there a name for the reateraunt? i think i will give this a try, i'm a sucker when it comes to seafood

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 20, 2004
1661 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Mok wrote:it's at the parkway sheraton right? i went there long time ago when i was less than $25 a person, now they jacked up the price heh.
Ya I guess so. The food was alrite, and selection was minimal. But it was all good, when we tallied everything up in the end. Our table musta had like 40 lobsters, and 20 dozen oysters. :cheesygri
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2004
1415 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Xtahse wrote:... so this is like a seafood buffet? steam or boil lobster? is it alaska king crab legs? is this located in the hotel? is there a name for the reateraunt? i think i will give this a try, i'm a sucker when it comes to seafood
i personally think it sux a$$. seafood is horrible. oysters are are nasty, so is the lobster and the crab. everything there sux. do a search for my review.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Mar 10, 2003
211 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
tyrred2 wrote:Went to Destiny Hot Pot..

THey have like 10 different kinds of stocks like spicy thai, beef, chicken, miso, spicy, satay, etc...

I had the miso stock. I thought the food was ok, but little expesive for hot pot. And I'm kind of pissed off that they never mentioned anything to me about the AYCE oysters and was never offered any oysters (maybe cause I'm not Asian?) but I do recall other people eating oysters... :mad:
it's on the menu i believe and in English. They bring some out every hour or so so don't be disappointed, it's very hard to get, you have to fight off a Chinaman or Chinawoman to get some hehe...
Mok
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
560 upvotes
Mok wrote:it's at the parkway sheraton right? i went there long time ago when i was less than $25 a person, now they jacked up the price heh.
i think he's talking about hilton suites since its at warden/7 ..sheraton is at 7/leslie
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
tyrred2 wrote:Went to Destiny Hot Pot..

THey have like 10 different kinds of stocks like spicy thai, beef, chicken, miso, spicy, satay, etc...

I had the miso stock. I thought the food was ok, but little expesive for hot pot. And I'm kind of pissed off that they never mentioned anything to me about the AYCE oysters and was never offered any oysters (maybe cause I'm not Asian?) but I do recall other people eating oysters... :mad:
you are not asian and you eat hotpot? you are very kool!

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
Member
Apr 13, 2003
385 posts
21 upvotes
Fion MacCool's (Irish Pub) on University has a complimentary oyster bar on Friday's (according to their menu).
Jr. Member
Jun 20, 2004
116 posts
2 upvotes
North York
On a side note can anyone tell me the name of the long Mushrooms that come with most AYCE Hot Pots?
Banned
User avatar
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
shitake?
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 20, 2004
1661 posts
159 upvotes
Toronto
Scuba Steve wrote:On a side note can anyone tell me the name of the long Mushrooms that come with most AYCE Hot Pots?
It's the really small thin ones right? I think it's called enoki
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
S14_Raven wrote:It's the really small thin ones right? I think it's called enoki
^yea that

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
Sr. Member
Dec 13, 2004
936 posts
39 upvotes
a new taiwanese hot pot place opened recently at Warden and Steeles (Markham) by the plaza with the T&T. Its called I COOK buffet.

its really good, i went to try it as it had many different kind of "weird" food. What i mean is its not the same stuff you eat in many of the other hot pot place. The good thing is that you actrually go up to a "buffet" area to grab whatever you want, and u can cook it in your own individual pot. You don't share the same pot as your neighbour, and you get to pick different soup base.

Note: the satay ones is really hot! there was like, a good cm of red oil in it

i went to eat it for 15.99 on sat night, for promotion, they're giving out a free whole lobster for EACH person.


I say, it was a good deal
- Instant noodle is the way for a healthy balanced diet
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
doraemi wrote:a new taiwanese hot pot place opened recently at Warden and Steeles (Markham) by the plaza with the T&T. Its called I COOK buffet.

its really good, i went to try it as it had many different kind of "weird" food. What i mean is its not the same stuff you eat in many of the other hot pot place. The good thing is that you actrually go up to a "buffet" area to grab whatever you want, and u can cook it in your own individual pot. You don't share the same pot as your neighbour, and you get to pick different soup base.

Note: the satay ones is really hot! there was like, a good cm of red oil in it

i went to eat it for 15.99 on sat night, for promotion, they're giving out a free whole lobster for EACH person.


I say, it was a good deal
ok, i gotta try this out

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
Newbie
Aug 7, 2004
41 posts
Victoria Park and Ellesmere Rd.
North on Vic Park about 10 sec on right hand (east) side.
In a little plaza, if you blink you might miss it.

Decent service, food is FRESH, and it's pretty cheap (I think about 11.99 or 12.99 per)..

I think they're more known for those shish kebabs that are popular snacks for most Asians.

Though it's not the most nicely decorated place, can't complain about the food and its quality.

I can't read the store sign since it's in Chinese and I'm not, but the words Hot Pot are legible from the street.

The spicy broth (if you choose it), will have you sitting on the throne shortly after, but hey, that's why we like it spicy, right?

Top