Food & Drink

AYCE sushi back in Toronto (drive-in) $37.95/person

  • Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2021 6:52 pm
21 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
30041 posts
16044 upvotes
Toronto
$37 + 15% service levy + taxes = rounded to $50 per person.

Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I wonder if the patron will spend more time waiting for the food orders to come or eating 5 items at a time.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 15, 2020
1722 posts
1214 upvotes
hmm did they jack up the prices by $3 pre-covid? It would probably take them 2 mins each way to walk from restaurant to car, but is still 90 min limit.

It's creative, if you hunger for AYCE.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17360 posts
4465 upvotes
Toronto
90 minute time limit. Hopefully they won't be slow service.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3456 posts
3092 upvotes
Toronto
Did this a few weeks ago at the Oakville location it was fine. They bring everything in take out containers so it is a bit wasteful but then again I understand it being covid and all. I probably wouldn't do it again though.
Sr. Member
Nov 25, 2007
859 posts
581 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: I rather do $50 per person on a la carte take out sushi.
Theres this place Ai Sushi that i go to... the sashimi platter has B.C. Spot prawn, uni, and toro.

$100 and you can eat niiice.
Are those included in all their platters or do you have to go to the 30,50+ pcs?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10142 posts
1610 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: I rather do $50 per person on a la carte take out sushi.
Theres this place Ai Sushi that i go to... the sashimi platter has B.C. Spot prawn, uni, and toro.

$100 and you can eat niiice.
I love AI Sushi but never ordered the sashimi platter. It doesn't say what comes with it and the pictures dont show uni. Do you have epic of your own order?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
46698 posts
9797 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
speedyforme wrote: I love AI Sushi but never ordered the sashimi platter. It doesn't say what comes with it and the pictures dont show uni. Do you have epic of your own order?
Sorry no uni in their platter.
The platter has the prawn + toro whenever they feel like it.
The Deluxe Chriashidon has uni, prawn always. And toro when they feel like it.

But its so cheap there. Its a very good price to quality ratio.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
13199 posts
10079 upvotes
GTA, ON
My wife heard about this but she also heard that they make you wait a long time between orders, so not sure if you'd get your $50 worth even if you're there for the full 90min.

I don't know if I'd want to eat it in my car either. Unless you eat it as is, I'd be afraid to accidently spill soy sauce in my car.
Tis banana is IRIE

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10423 posts
4532 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: 90 minute time limit. Hopefully they won't be slow service.
Should be plenty... I can do a lot of damage to a sushi menu in 90 minutes. Key is to continuously order as they are dropping off the last one, put in the next order.

That's how We do it at the Spoon and Fork, and we basically have food always coming. Should work for drive through too.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6608 posts
1534 upvotes
stash sushi in car?
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 29, 2005
8722 posts
2635 upvotes
Mississauga
1xTiMeR wrote: stash sushi in car?
Yeah it would be easy to stash the food somewhere (bring tupperware).
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10142 posts
1610 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Sorry no uni in their platter.
The platter has the prawn + toro whenever they feel like it.
The Deluxe Chriashidon has uni, prawn always. And toro when they feel like it.

But its so cheap there. Its a very good price to quality ratio.
Thanks for confirming. I love them, they are my go to sushi take out now since Pandemic
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
46698 posts
9797 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
speedyforme wrote: Thanks for confirming. I love them, they are my go to sushi take out now since Pandemic
Deluxe chirashidon is the best value i find.

Rice + assorted sashimi which includes uni + prawn.
With toro being a wild card which they include if they feel like it.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10142 posts
1610 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Deluxe chirashidon is the best value i find.

Rice + assorted sashimi which includes uni + prawn.
With toro being a wild card which they include if they feel like it.
Which location do you visit? I go to Scarborough now just due to convenience location. Been to Markham before too

Top