CAMBRIDGE AUDIO, YAMAHA & MONITOR AUDIO HIFI SYSTEM
Free Shipping
$999 was $1,737

This system contains the following:

1 x Cambridge Audio AXA35 Integrated amplifier
1 x Pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 50 bookshelf speakers
1 x Yamaha TT-S303 Turntable with cartridge

The Amp:

he AXA35 is a 35 watt per channel integrated amplifier with a built in phono stage, headphone output, and 4 analogue inputs. Elegant simple design, excellent value for the money.

35 watts x 2
<0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power <0.15% 20Hz - 20kHz, 80% of rated power
4x RCA, 1x Phono, 1 x 3.5mm Aux input (front panel)
5V USB connection on the back to power up devices
The Speakers:

The Monitor Audio Bronze 50 are compact stylish bookshelf speakers with rich detailed mid to high frequencies. Perfect in a smaller hifi set up or as surrounds in a home theatre system.

2 way design
Frequency Response 62 – 25,000 Hz (Free field) 40 – 30,000 Hz (In room)
Sensitivity (2.83v @ 1m) 85 dB
Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
Minimum Impedance 4.4 ohms
Recommended Amplifier Requirements 20 — 80 W
1 x 5.5" C-CAM midbass driver
1 x 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter with UD Waveguide
The Turntable:

Yamaha is back again with a turntable! This turntable comes with a built in phono pre-amp or can be used with an outboard phono pre-amp. Plug and play design.

Comes complete with an Audio-Technica MM cartridge
Straight tonearm contributes to sound transparency and openness
Belt-drive turntable
Switchable Phono and Line output
Aluminium die-cast platter
Authentic Hi-Fi design
10 replies
Jan 16, 2017
21 posts
16 upvotes
yellman wrote: Nice however twice the price
No turntable

Lots of options are twice the price,
You have Tidal you have ALLSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15000 posts
6391 upvotes
Ottawa
it's so quaint :) 2 channel fully analogue system, just like I had 20 years ago.

I would say that the amp is missing a subwoofer output, because the speakers are pretty small and are spec'ed to only 62Hz (-6dB) and could benefit from a small sub.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Nov 12, 2010
11 posts
20 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: it's so quaint :) 2 channel fully analogue system, just like I had 20 years ago.
Don't fix what ain't broke.

t. Seriously considering a pair of Paradigm Prestige 15B.
[OP]
Feb 27, 2009
913 posts
882 upvotes
Ntropic wrote: Don't fix what ain't broke.

t. Seriously considering a pair of Paradigm Prestige 15B.
Very competitive field at that price.
Mar 14, 2006
951 posts
355 upvotes
Coquitlam
andrew39909 wrote: I like this one : BLUESOUND & MONITOR AUDIO STREAMING HIFI STEREO SYSTEM

https://www.ayreborn.com/collections/ho ... reo-system
I bought this system in March when it was also on sale for $1,798 at Ayreborn Audio when I was looking for a music system for my gym. I also tried out the B&W Wedge and two Sonos 5 speakers but ended up returning both of them. The Sonos 5 had a nice big sound but didn't have the refinement in the highs and the deeper bass of the Bluesound Monitor Audio system. I was very disappointed with the B&W Wedge....it sound tinny, had weak bass, small soundstage, and a terrible phone app.

I ended up moving the Bluesound system to my dining room and am really enjoying it and I think it is good value for the price. It has an 8" bass driver so nice strong bass for a bookshelf speaker and nice clarity in the mid range and highs. The Bluesound app is also very easy to use and great for using the Spotify connect app and Tidal connect app.
Images
  • 20210131_132021_resized.jpg
  • 20200228_200512_resized.jpg
  • 20200227_194106_resized.jpg
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15000 posts
6391 upvotes
Ottawa
SPACEMANRICK wrote: I bought this system in March when it was also on sale for $1,798 at Ayreborn Audio when I was looking for a music system for my gym. I also tried out the B&W Wedge and two Sonos 5 speakers but ended up returning both of them. The Sonos 5 had a nice big sound but didn't have the refinement in the highs and the deeper bass of the Bluesound Monitor Audio system. I was very disappointed with the B&W Wedge....it sound tinny, had weak bass, small soundstage, and a terrible phone app.

I ended up moving the Bluesound system to my dining room and am really enjoying it and I think it is good value for the price. It has an 8" bass driver so nice strong bass for a bookshelf speaker and nice clarity in the mid range and highs. The Bluesound app is also very easy to use and great for using the Spotify connect app and Tidal connect app.
Nice little setup. It's rare to see 8" drivers in a bookshelf speaker these days.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.