Expired Hot Deals

[ayreborn.com] PS AUDIO PERFECTWAVE AC12 POWER CABLE - 2M $999 (over 35% savings) :)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2021 5:45 pm
[OP]
Feb 27, 2009
915 posts
907 upvotes

PS AUDIO PERFECTWAVE AC12 POWER CABLE - 2M $999 (over 35% savings) :)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
ayreborn.com
I expect a billion downvotes for this, but I guess it is a good deal.

Was $1599

Now is $999

The AC12 is the finest power cable PS Audio ever made. Heavy gauge, low impedance, the finest pure copper available in the world. The AC 12 is perfect for digital, analog, or any application where you want the very best performance possible.

Construction of the AC12 employs the use of multiple conductor types including hollow core, flat and solid core conductors, plus multiple outer shields properly terminated at only the male end of the cable.

PCOCC single crystal construction
8 gauge power cable
Quad shielded low noise
Hollow tube conductors for treble performance
Rectangular conductors for midrange performance
Multiple gauge conductors for bass performance
Gold plated connectors
Welded connector to conductor
Quiet for digital
Unrestricted for analog
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 6th, 2021 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
103 replies
Sep 16, 2019
885 posts
981 upvotes
holy crap, i didnt know $1,000 cables were a thing. Better keep buying copper stocks
Aug 13, 2020
475 posts
1677 upvotes
Thanks Yellman ! Definitely a deal for those that can afford this and want the best.
Dec 26, 2014
69 posts
129 upvotes
Cobourg, ON
upvote for being ballsy enough to promote something that no one in the world needs. Face With Tears Of Joy Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2009
1448 posts
1015 upvotes
Brampton
Wow, is it made of 24k gold???
Mar 31, 2009
193 posts
292 upvotes
I would bet that if you take 1000 self claimed audiophiles, 999 would fail to consistently distinguish in a blind test this "PCOCC single crystal construction" $1k power cable from a decent $10 low gauge power cable.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8717 posts
5646 upvotes
Kootenays
zlicht wrote: I would bet that if you take 1000 self claimed audiophiles, 999 would fail to consistently distinguish in a blind test this "PCOCC single crystal construction" $1k power cable from a decent $10 low gauge power cable.
My bet is 1000 would fail. Cables like this are a tax on wealthy but stupid people. Income redistribution at its finest. Supreme t-shirt, anyone?
Aug 21, 2010
899 posts
347 upvotes
toronto
wow
i just thought op forgot he period til i clicked the link
thought it was 9.99 from 15.99
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1030 posts
700 upvotes
Montr
Got to be a pricing error
9.99 seems reasonable
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12729 posts
21969 upvotes
8 gauge power cable ..... connected to a 14 gauge outlet ..... yup makes perfect sense
Aug 7, 2019
119 posts
467 upvotes
Vancouver
If you want high end audio products and care about about saving money, you should just buy it from 2nd hand market or know somebody in the industry and buy it near cost (either case would be much closer to 50-70% off). 35% off doesn’t make sense.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15025 posts
6427 upvotes
Ottawa
Any takers?

I'd love to know what person actually pays this much money for a power cord.

It *looks* cool though. Maybe that's the point of it. Most of the power cords that I own are pretty ugly.
Last edited by warpdrive on Mar 6th, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14914 posts
1197 upvotes
Markham
stephroll wrote: 8 gauge power cable ..... connected to a 14 gauge outlet ..... yup makes perfect sense
Sshhhh we don't want audiophiles to find out!
ShadowVlican
Aug 7, 2019
119 posts
467 upvotes
Vancouver
warpdrive wrote: Any takers?

I'd love to know what person actually pays this much money for a power cord.

It *looks* cool though. Maybe that's the point of it. Most of the power cords that I own are pretty ugly.
Without getting too much into the sound properties and whatnot, the short answer is that yes a there is a market for it. Not necessarily audiophiles are the ones buying it but more so the same millionaires who like to buy things like sport cars and such. If you're spending 250k or 500k on an audio system, what's another 10-50k on cables?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15025 posts
6427 upvotes
Ottawa
beepbeepboop wrote: Without getting too much into the sound properties and whatnot, the short answer is that yes a there is a market for it. Not necessarily audiophiles are the ones buying it but more so the same millionaires who like to buy things like sport cars and such. If you're spending 250k or 500k on an audio system, what's another 10-50k on cables?
If this thing exists, then yes of course there is a market for it. But I still wonder who specifically bought this. At this price range, probably it exists because system integrators or installers probably can pad their profit margin by selling these kind of accessories to wealthy people who just write a blank check for a high end system.... trusting the installer knows his stuff (of course, they can hear the difference readily)

I would pay a little more for a braided looking cable if I wanted a power cable to *look* nice. You can get a pretty nice looking one for about $30

81YkV0HqeKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My friend paid $150 for custom length cables for his PC just because he wanted his cables to look *nice* inside his glass PC case (of course, with RGB). I agree it looks awesome. So I have no qualms for paying more for essentially cosmetic reasons. People spend all kinds of money modding things because they can.
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
5563 posts
8954 upvotes
Montreal
Those cables aren't good enough for me.
I'm a real audiophile.
Pass.
Dec 11, 2008
487 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
zlicht wrote: I would bet that if you take 1000 self claimed audiophiles, 999 would fail to consistently distinguish in a blind test this "PCOCC single crystal construction" $1k power cable from a decent $10 low gauge power cable.
If you're running a true audiophile system, you'd be using more than 1 power cable.

I have a client who literally has a million dollar entertainment room.
When his speaker upgrade was installed the system sounded terrible. Well, maybe not terrible but definitely didn't sound like what you would expect.
It turns out that all of the components and super expensive interconnects were no longer the weakest link. Now, problems with the electrical wiring started affecting the performance of the system.

I was there during some of the troubleshooting and it was crazy how different the system sounded plugged into one 110V circuit compared to another in the house. Everything would have passed code but there was something different in the tolerances that caused the change in the sound.

In the end, a dedicated electrical panel was installed with direct wiring run to power all of the system components.
Finally, the system sounded amazing.
Jan 19, 2008
480 posts
298 upvotes
This product is a 100% snake oil. One of the members of my makerspace is an electrical engineer that worked on Canada arm 2 thats in space right now and laughs at all this B.S. If it can't be measured it's a scam.

Canuck_TO wrote: If you're running a true audiophile system, you'd be using more than 1 power cable.

I have a client who literally has a million dollar entertainment room.
When his speaker upgrade was installed the system sounded terrible. Well, maybe not terrible but definitely didn't sound like what you would expect.
It turns out that all of the components and super expensive interconnects were no longer the weakest link. Now, problems with the electrical wiring started affecting the performance of the system.

I was there during some of the troubleshooting and it was crazy how different the system sounded plugged into one 110V circuit compared to another in the house. Everything would have passed code but there was something different in the tolerances that caused the change in the sound.

In the end, a dedicated electrical panel was installed with direct wiring run to power all of the system components.
Finally, the system sounded amazing.
Did you do any tests on the power before and after?
Jul 8, 2013
184 posts
183 upvotes
AMHERST
Manic1! wrote: Did you do any tests on the power before and after?
I hope we all understand that AC power is noisy in the first place, and more noisy as it passes through different wires/connections, then can be further dirtied up by feedback from other devices plugged in to the same circuit.
Shouldn’t need testing for *that*.