Expired Hot Deals

[Ayreborn] NAD & PARADIGM STEREO SYSTEM $647

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2021 5:19 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 27, 2009
911 posts
878 upvotes

NAD & PARADIGM STEREO SYSTEM $647

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Ayreborn
This package includes the following

The power:

NAD D 3020 V2 Integrated Amplifier

The NAD D 3020 is a compact amplifier perfect for building a starter HiFi system.

2 x 30W at 8 ohms
Two-Way Bluetooth powered by Qualcomm aptX HD audio
Coax and Optical Input
MM Phono and Line Input
Analogue pre-out
Sub Out
Headphone out
IR Remote
The Speakers:

1 pair of Paradigm Monitor Atom SE Bookshelf Speakers

The Paradigm Monitor SE Atom 1000B bookshelf speakers are the perfect bookshelf speakers for an amazing price point. The bookshelf speakers have an open & detailed sound with tons of bass response.

2-driver, 2-way bass reflex bookshelf speakers
Crossover 2nd-order electroacoustic at 2.3kHz
Frequency response +/- 3dB from 61Hz - 21kHz
1" S-PAL™ dome tweeter, ferro-fluid cooled and damped
Mid/bass driver 5.5" mineral filled polypropylene cone/inverted dust cap/downroll surround
Low Frequency Extension 45Hz
Sensitivity 89 dB
Impedance 8 ohm
11 replies
Jr. Member
Feb 5, 2010
113 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
Do you guys think its worth getting a stereo amp if you're connecting it to a denon x3700? It sounds fine, but just wondering if a stereo amp will help enough where its worth it.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14959 posts
6326 upvotes
Ottawa
spike32 wrote: Do you guys think its worth getting a stereo amp if you're connecting it to a denon x3700? It sounds fine, but just wondering if a stereo amp will help enough where its worth it.
No, I wouldn't bother. I think this type of system is good if you want a small room system, or a setup for your computer (I have this amp and I use it for exactly that....as a great sounding computer speaker set)
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 19, 2007
66 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
spike32 wrote: Do you guys think its worth getting a stereo amp if you're connecting it to a denon x3700? It sounds fine, but just wondering if a stereo amp will help enough where its worth it.
It largely depends on how hard your speakers are to drive. If your speakers are low sensitivity and need a lot of current you may want to investigate a high current power amplifier or an integrated amplifier with home theatre bypass (HTB) to improve your sound. HTB bypasses the volume control in the integrated amp so it essentially operates as a power amp. This amp is not ideal to connect to a receiver and probably wouldn't sound much better if you did.
Jr. Member
Feb 5, 2010
113 posts
10 upvotes
Hamilton
warpdrive wrote: No, I wouldn't bother. I think this type of system is good if you want a small room system, or a setup for your computer (I have this amp and I use it for exactly that....as a great sounding computer speaker set)
Thanks for this!
angoos wrote: It largely depends on how hard your speakers are to drive. If your speakers are low sensitivity and need a lot of current you may want to investigate a high current power amplifier or an integrated amplifier with home theatre bypass (HTB) to improve your sound. HTB bypasses the volume control in the integrated amp so it essentially operates as a power amp. This amp is not ideal to connect to a receiver and probably wouldn't sound much better if you did.
Thanks for all the info. I'll look into this for sure.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 29, 2006
122 posts
148 upvotes
Ottawa
Nice! Reminds me of my original NAD 3020 and matching tuner I picked up at auction on the first and only bid because nobody knew what it was actually worth and the fact it wasn't a Pioneer or Sony or Akai - the popular brands of the decade. It drove my original release Paradigm 9SE speakers without issue. Thanks for the memory OP.
Member
Nov 5, 2008
396 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Got this setup during last sale. Really nice system for the money.
Don't have much experience with speakers but compared to the YU6 speakers I have, this system is easily 2 times better, unless you like booming sound that kind of thing.
Member
User avatar
Feb 3, 2013
316 posts
282 upvotes
Victoria
angoos wrote: It largely depends on how hard your speakers are to drive. If your speakers are low sensitivity and need a lot of current you may want to investigate a high current power amplifier or an integrated amplifier with home theatre bypass (HTB) to improve your sound. HTB bypasses the volume control in the integrated amp so it essentially operates as a power amp. This amp is not ideal to connect to a receiver and probably wouldn't sound much better if you did.
I'm looking right now for an integrated with HT bypass for quality 2 channel listening. AFAIK you need pre-outs on your HT receiver for the volume control which the previous poster has with the Denon.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2004
4435 posts
310 upvotes
I ordered a u-turn turntable with built-in preamp. I am looking for speakers for white, ideally white, for a small 9x12 office. I don’t really understand what the other device does here?

Would this suit my needs or overkill?
Newbie
User avatar
Dec 19, 2007
66 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
PaliGap wrote: I'm looking right now for an integrated with HT bypass for quality 2 channel listening. AFAIK you need pre-outs on your HT receiver for the volume control which the previous poster has with the Denon.
That's correct, you would need pre-outs which many Denon and other receivers have. I have a Musical Fidelity A3.5 (it's old but great) with home theatre bypass hooked up to a Denon x4200 and it drives some demanding Dynaudio speakers well. Musical Fidelity amps are great for their pricepoint and you can find some good ones used. Your speakers will dictate what kind of amp you should get though.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
14959 posts
6326 upvotes
Ottawa
lindmar wrote: I ordered a u-turn turntable with built-in preamp. I am looking for speakers for white, ideally white, for a small 9x12 office. I don’t really understand what the other device does here?

Would this suit my needs or overkill?
The speakers are passive speakers so you need an integrated amp to drive them.

The NAD is an integrated amp. You can plug in multiple sources, and you can select among the inputs to play them back. It can take digital input (optical, coaxial, or bluetooth), analog (regular line out), or phono (for turntables that DON'T have a pre-amp). Since you already have one built-in to your turntable, you would not use the Phono Input on the NAD, and just use the regular AUX input instead.

The NAD is one of the better quality mini-amps you can buy, but if you are after sound quality, it probably won't be overkill.

nad_d3020_v2_rueck_preview.jpeg
Rich or poor, paying full price for anything is for suckers. Be an informed purchaser by searching RFD for the all-time-low price.

Top