Ayreborn
PRO-JECT & DAYTON AUDIO VINYL HIFI SYSTEM

Now$499

was $898

This package contains:

1 Pro-ject Jukebox E turntable/amplifier with Bluetooth input
1 pair of Dayton Audio B652-AIR bookshelf speakers

The Speakers:

Dayton Audio is famous for building a very cost-effective & great performing bookshelf speaker. The B652 is now even better with the introduction of the B652-Air which uses a pleated ribbon diaphragm AMT tweeter.

Woofer: 6-1/2" polypropylene
Tweeter: 1" x 1" mini AMT
Power handling: 40 watts RMS/75 watts max
Impedance: 6 ohms
Frequency response: 70-25,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 87 dB 1W/1m
Dimensions: 11.81" H x 7.06" W x 6.44" D

The Turntable & Amp:

Meet the All-in-one Plug & Play Phono-System from Pro-Ject. Juke Box E is record player, phono stage, Bluetooth receiver, line pre-amplifier and power amplifier in
one. Just add speakers and you have a hifi system!

Instant playback with super-easy setup
Power output: 2 x 50 watts (4 ohms)
Outputs: Speakers, Line out (fixed), Phono out
Inputs: Bluetooth (2.1, EDR), 1x line (analogue)
Bluetooth and 1 line input
High contrast display on top
Line record output
Gold plated sockets
Pre-adjusted tracking force & anti-skating force
Ortofon OM5e cartridge, pre-mounted
8,6” aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
Belt drive with silicone belt
Low vibration synchronous motor & DC power supply
Special feet for effective decoupling
Acrylic lid included
IR remote control included
9 replies
Nov 3, 2013
619 posts
891 upvotes
Regina, SK
If anyone is wanting to get into vinyl, this is a nice entry level setup. So much better than the crappy AT LP60 so many people go for.
Sep 20, 2007
354 posts
217 upvotes
Edmonton
The turntable retailed for $450 when I was shopping around for them a year ago. Lucky to snag one when London Drugs cleared them out for $225.
Nov 26, 2004
571 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
lindmar wrote: I want to get a first vinyl player for a new office. I really like the u-turn player looks, but hard to get to Canada.

This looks decent and I've heard great things about KANTO speakers.

https://www.ayreborn.com/collections/ho ... ifi-system

Any other suggestions? tips?
Speaking from experience, Kanto's are good bang for the buck speakers. Much like Pioneer or Edifier speakers they won't blow you away, and build quality / finish is pretty bad if you're a stickler for such things. They make up for that with decent sound quality considering their built in amp and connectivity options. Kanto's tend to have a phono pre-amp, bluetooth connectivity, RCA, phono inputs, and include a remote control - which increases the value proposition. Kanto is a Canadian company, manufactured in China.

Yamaha TT-N503 is again, not going to win any SQ or build awards but wins with connectivity options and built in Music Cast.

Your decision is really dependent on if you need flexible connectivity or just want quality turntable/speakers that won't take up much space.
+++ath0
NO CARRIER
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4405 posts
278 upvotes
NO CARRIER wrote: Speaking from experience, Kanto's are good bang for the buck speakers. Much like Pioneer or Edifier speakers they won't blow you away, and build quality / finish is pretty bad if you're a stickler for such things. They make up for that with decent sound quality considering their built in amp and connectivity options. Kanto's tend to have a phono pre-amp, bluetooth connectivity, RCA, phono inputs, and include a remote control - which increases the value proposition. Kanto is a Canadian company, manufactured in China.

Yamaha TT-N503 is again, not going to win any SQ or build awards but wins with connectivity options and built in Music Cast.

Your decision is really dependent on if you need flexible connectivity or just want quality turntable/speakers that won't take up much space.

I'd actually rather have a nice system for a first-time vinyl person.

I'd rather have decent build quality.

Any experience with the U-Turn?