Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
B&H Photo

Google Pixel 3 XL (64 GB Not Pink Colour) $399 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2020 10:27 am
19 replies
Sep 29, 2010
555 posts
799 upvotes
a little pricey for almost 2yr old phone...

I mean, a good phone, but a year ago, I got the 2XL for ~$300 iirc.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
pdipps wrote: a little pricey for almost 2yr old phone...

I don't know if I would go that far. The Pixel 4 just came out like 4 months ago. The P3 is just as good as the 4 (I would argue better since I actually like finger print scanners and Soli is just a useless gimmick).

Also, when did you get your P2? Was in like September before the launch of the 3? Plus P2XL was plagued with screen and other issues. All of which were fixed with the 3
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1385 posts
2125 upvotes
Hammonds
goozy1 wrote: I don't know if I would go that far. The Pixel 4 just came out like 4 months ago. The P3 is just as good as the 4 (I would argue better since I actually like finger print scanners and Soli is just a useless gimmick).

Also, when did you get your P2? Was in like September before the launch of the 3? Plus P2XL was plagued with screen and other issues. All of which were fixed with the 3
3 xl has notch. 4+ don't offer original photo storage for free like all previous pixels. Each their own, Google wants more but gives less it seems.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2314 posts
1361 upvotes
Home
Cheaper on Amazon.ca
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1385 posts
2125 upvotes
Hammonds
I RFD wrote: Cheaper on Amazon.ca
'renewed' however. Google store on Amazon want $1200 still.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1971 posts
1543 upvotes
Vancouver
Isn't the 4 and 4xl $399 and $499 in the states now? I'd assume that they would make the 3 more tempting to clear out old stock.
Nov 15, 2017
826 posts
624 upvotes
64gb... No expandable storage.
Sep 29, 2010
555 posts
799 upvotes
goozy1 wrote: I don't know if I would go that far. The Pixel 4 just came out like 4 months ago. The P3 is just as good as the 4 (I would argue better since I actually like finger print scanners and Soli is just a useless gimmick).

1 year and 4 months, then? That said, because of the weird launch date of Pixels, their processors are usually last gen, so closer to 2years than it appears.

I got my 2XL a few months after the 3 launched. And my 2XL has been problem-free. The only screen issue i can remember people talking about about is the "blue hue/tint" which I honestly haven't noticed.

Not saying the 3XL isn't good - just not a good enough deal at that price, especially in comparison to my deal last year. And mine was sold in Canada, so no USD/Duty/Warranty issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1772 posts
1071 upvotes
BBZero wrote: 64gb... No expandable storage.
Pixel phones never came with expandable storage
Nov 21, 2007
517 posts
623 upvotes
Peterborough

From Koodos infamous sign and cancel method? It doesn't exist anymore.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9496 posts
800 upvotes

Woah that was a great price. What deal was this?

Also, deal is dead...it's up to $450 now and backordered
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3453 posts
3027 upvotes
GVRD
I am still holding onto the Pixel 2 XL, more than 2 years of ownership. I have yet to find a reason to replace it yet. How Google decides to takes more stuff off from the phone is definitely not encouraging me to upgrade. I may get the 4A XL when it comes out instead.
Sep 29, 2010
555 posts
799 upvotes
THEAVS wrote: From Koodos infamous sign and cancel method? It doesn't exist anymore.
No, I'm with Koodo and I stayed on my $40/8Gb plan.
Sep 29, 2010
555 posts
799 upvotes
rems wrote: Woah that was a great price. What deal was this?

Also, deal is dead...it's up to $450 now and backordered
some Koodo upgrade thing. IIRC it was actually like $360CAD -> $120 + $10/mo * 24mo.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1814 posts
2646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
pdipps wrote: 1 year and 4 months, then? That said, because of the weird launch date of Pixels, their processors are usually last gen, so closer to 2years than it appears.

I got my 2XL a few months after the 3 launched. And my 2XL has been problem-free. The only screen issue i can remember people talking about about is the "blue hue/tint" which I honestly haven't noticed.

Not saying the 3XL isn't good - just not a good enough deal at that price, especially in comparison to my deal last year. And mine was sold in Canada, so no USD/Duty/Warranty issues.
You are lucky that you didn't suffer any problems but there were a bunch of issues when the 2XL launched. So much so that google doubled the warranty to 2 years to ease criticism and concerns:
https://www.androidauthority.com/google ... ty-810519/
Oct 14, 2015
485 posts
595 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Hold on till 4a launch ... if you can ... big drops on a 3 in May 2020.
Or double check return policy 90 days ?
Sep 29, 2010
555 posts
799 upvotes
bigdukesixer wrote: Hold on till 4a launch ... if you can ... big drops on a 3 in May 2020.
Or double check return policy 90 days ?
This. That said the cost of returns would kill the deal
Oct 14, 2015
485 posts
595 upvotes
Halifax, NS
pdipps wrote: This. That said the cost of returns would kill the deal
Your preaching to the choir brother, given Google's pricing history on Pixel devices.
I'm going to "watch & shoot" for a decent price point on a 3XL or invest into a 4 at the dropped PP in May.
RFD gives my wallet scar tissue from all the hits.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9496 posts
800 upvotes
pdipps wrote: some Koodo upgrade thing. IIRC it was actually like $360CAD -> $120 + $10/mo * 24mo.
Yea not sure you can compare no contract prices to ones on a tab. Especially now that the carriers seem to be doing away with phone subsidies.

Anyways as I said, deal is done. Back ordered and price increased by $50 USD

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)