Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
B&H Photo

Sony Xperia X F5121 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Graphite Black) (214.99USD)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2017 2:36 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 1, 2015
82 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Sony Xperia X F5121 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Graphite Black) (214.99USD)

Deal Link:
Price:
214,99
Savings:
$185 off
Retailer:
B&H Photo
Just saw this via a tweet by Android Police.

Also on sale on amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Xperia-unlo ... a%2Bx&th=1
Last edited by dubsy54321 on Aug 22nd, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3127 posts
3149 upvotes
I was browsing for phones on the weekend and they had this one for $229 (just to give you some idea of how hot this is -- the deal is $15 off, not $185 as they claim)

I decided to buy the LG V20 instead from the other RFD thread (with free priority shipping delivered in 3 days). Major drawbacks (for me) of the Xperia X are the small battery capacity and no QuickCharge. It's also a slower CPU, older OS (thus will stop getting updates earlier)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 21, 2011
1168 posts
1305 upvotes
49.2827°N 123.1207°W
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: I was browsing for phones on the weekend and they had this one for $229 (just to give you some idea of how hot this is -- the deal is $15 off, not $185 as they claim)

I decided to buy the LG V20 instead from the other RFD thread (with free priority shipping delivered in 3 days). Major drawbacks (for me) of the Xperia X are the small battery capacity and no QuickCharge. It's also a slower CPU, older OS (thus will stop getting updates earlier)
Sony Xperia X has Quickcharge 2.0:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id ... hone2=7948&
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 18, 2011
1600 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Would jump on it if that was water resistant... :(
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
112 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
acbay21 wrote: Would jump on it if that was water resistant... :(
It is not officially but on the very first hour I got this phone I dropped a full irish coffee straight on it, without any protection. When I mean on it it just didn't got onto the phone, the whole content of the sugary drink went on the screen No damage. I was pretty unhappy with myself but happy that the phone survived.
Battery could be a tad better, but as a power user I am not a good benchmark.
--
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16090 posts
7711 upvotes
London
You can get much better phones for roughly the same price. Paying that kind of price for anything that doesn't have a SD820 is a waste of money.
Newbie
Nov 6, 2016
56 posts
17 upvotes
I wouldn't discount it just because it's SD6xx. I have use SD6xx phone that works like a charm and SD8xx phone that stall and crash every day. Chipset is just one of many pieces of the puzzle.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 18, 2011
1600 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
chuck_0 wrote: It is not officially but on the very first hour I got this phone I dropped a full irish coffee straight on it, without any protection. When I mean on it it just didn't got onto the phone, the whole content of the sugary drink went on the screen No damage. I was pretty unhappy with myself but happy that the phone survived.
Battery could be a tad better, but as a power user I am not a good benchmark.
Normally a user does not really require a water resistant phone, but it is an ease of mind for situation like this :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 12, 2010
1219 posts
523 upvotes
Whitby
is this USD?

edit: it is USD. IMO, not worth. OP, you should really post in CAD or at least mention it's USD.
Last edited by strawberry9999 on Aug 23rd, 2017 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 8, 2009
112 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
Exactly. I felt very stupid for not considering it in my purchase. Next day I got a case from Amazon and my gf got the most deluxe one for her iphone. It makes the otterbox one looks weak !
--
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 1, 2015
82 posts
83 upvotes
Toronto, ON
strawberry9999 wrote: is this USD?

edit: it is USD. IMO, not worth. OP, you should really post in CAD or at least mention it's USD.
Just updated the title
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3674 posts
3306 upvotes
GTA
Viper98 wrote: You can get much better phones for roughly the same price. Paying that kind of price for anything that doesn't have a SD820 is a waste of money.
What phones are you referring to?
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16090 posts
7711 upvotes
London
N8Magic wrote: What phones are you referring to?
You can get a G5 for <$300
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3674 posts
3306 upvotes
GTA
Viper98 wrote: You can get a G5 for <$300
Not a bad choice, assuming the bootloop issues are no longer relevant for this model. If you're referring to the eBay deals, no warranty there either.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16090 posts
7711 upvotes
London
N8Magic wrote: Not a bad choice, assuming the bootloop issues are no longer relevant for this model. If you're referring to the eBay deals, no warranty there either.
Yes, you'd have to give up a canadian warranty and ship to the US with any issues....but that also applies to phones purchased from B&H
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1467 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
i was looking at this yesterday because i'm a huge sony fanboy, then i realized the price was in USD, and the specs don't seem that great in comparison to it's rivals at the time, which is a shame.

Top