Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
B&H Photo Video

Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (6.7", 128GB, 8GB, SD855, 4500mah) US$431 / CAD$585 (and Note 10 Lite CAD$572)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 4:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
corea8336 wrote: Great price! I am debating between S10 lite and Note 10 lite but I am wondering what the biggest difference in terms of spec.
Note has worse processor, different and most say worse cameras (but has telephoto instead of macro), is slightly thicker and heavier, but has S pen, 3.5mm jack.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 27, 2005
2024 posts
1417 upvotes
Good review. Not for me.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
3express wrote: The S10 Lite is an inferior "refreshed" version of the S10.

The S10 Lite lacks features from the S10 such as a QHD display, telephoto lens, Wi-Fi 6 support, 3.5 mm jack, and ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.

Also this is up to personal preference, but if you're comparing the regular S10 to the S10 Lite, the S10 Lite is much larger and heavier (which are cons for me).
Notably it's very different from the S10 as well because it is actually bigger than the S10+ for screen size and has better battery and charging rates. As many reviews said its design is more like S20 and S20 Lite might have been a more appropriate moniker.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
FYI I ordered the S10 Lite so I will keep you all in the loop when I get it. Will be my biggest phone since the Note 3 back in the day.
Member
Aug 5, 2008
419 posts
266 upvotes
arfeifei wrote: how this compares with oneplus 7T?
I was just about to post this deal, but OP beat me to it! Ordered this phone last Thursday and it arrived yesterday, so have been playing around with it for just less than a day. I actually wanted to get the OP7T, but it was sold out, so the S10 Lite caught my eye. At full price ($649 USD, so like $875 CAD or something) it's an easy pass, especially considering the OP7T was on sale for $669 CAD, but at $640 CAD (came to around $745 CAD after duties and conversion) it's much more reasonable.

They are pretty similar phones (both come with Android 10, similar size factor, same GPU, 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, triple camera arrays w/ an ultrawide-angle lens, and neither have headphone jacks, IP water resistance ratings, or wireless charging). The main differences are:
  • OP7T has glass back vs. plastic ("glasstic") on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has 90Hz screen vs. 60Hz on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has Snapdragon 855+ vs. Snapdragon 855 on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has a telephoto lens vs. macro lens on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has stereo speakers vs. single speaker on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has 3800mAh battery vs. 4500mAh battery on S10 Lite
  • OxygenOS vs. OneUI
  • OP7T memory is non-expandable vs. expandable (via microSD) on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has 30W fast charging vs. 45W fast charging on the S10 Lite

A lot of it will be down to personal preference. The telephoto lens on the OP7T is arguably more useful than the S10 Lite's macro lens; however, most reviewers agreed that the S10 Lite's picture quality was generally better (particularly low-light). The processor difference is probably negligible in real world usage. Lack of a 90Hz refresh rate, wireless charging, or stereo speakers weren't really dealbreakers for me, and the big battery is helpful.

Also, PSA: as noted in the description, it comes with a UK charger, so you either have to have a converter or hopefully you have another USB-C cable and charging brick.

Edit: removed erroneous information regarding wireless charging on the OP7T and added fast charging speeds
Last edited by j4y-T on Jul 6th, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
j4y-T wrote: I was just about to post this deal, but OP beat me to it! Ordered this phone last Thursday and it arrived yesterday, so have been playing around with it for just less than a day. I actually wanted to get the OP7T, but it was sold out, so the S10 Lite caught my eye. At full price ($649 USD, so like $875 CAD or something) it's an easy pass, especially considering the OP7T was on sale for $669 CAD, but at $640 CAD it's much more reasonable.

They are pretty similar phones (both come with Android 10, similar size factor, same GPU, 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, triple camera arrays w/ an ultrawide-angle lens, and neither have headphone jacks or IP water resistance ratings). The main differences are:
  • OP7T has glass back and wireless charging vs. plastic ("glasstic") on S10 Lite (and no wireless charging)
  • OP7T has 90Hz screen vs. 60Hz on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has Snapdragon 855+ vs. Snapdragon 855 on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has a telephoto lens vs. macro lens on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has stereo speakers vs. single speaker on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has 3800mAh battery vs. 4500mAh battery on S10 Lite
  • OxygenOS vs. OneUI
  • OP7T memory is non-expandable vs. expandable (via microSD) on S10 Lite

A lot of it will be down to personal preference. The telephoto lens on the OP7T is arguably more useful than the S10 Lite's macro lens; however, most reviewers agreed that the S10 Lite's picture quality was generally better (particularly low-light). The processor difference is probably negligible in real world usage. Lack of a 90Hz refresh rate, wireless charging, or stereo speakers weren't really dealbreakers for me, and the big battery is helpful.

Also, PSA: as noted in the description, it comes with a UK charger, so you either have to have a converter or hopefully you have another USB-C cable and charging brick.
Thx. Didn't notice about the charger. That's why for Americans they include a fast charging kit from Samsung, but unfortunately it has a shipping restriction (can't ship to Canada) so you have to delete it from your cart.
Member
Aug 5, 2008
419 posts
266 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: Thx. Didn't notice about the charger. That's why for Americans they include a fast charging kit from Samsung, but unfortunately it has a shipping restriction (can't ship to Canada) so you have to delete it from your cart.
Yea, I was pretty disappointed they couldn't ship the fast charging kit. Comes with a Ting Mobile SIM card, which is useless for me.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
56486 posts
21536 upvotes
Does the Note 10 lite come with dual sim slot? It looks like it does:

SIM Card Slots 1 x Nano SIM
1 x Nano SIM (Shared with Memory Card Slot)
Member
Aug 5, 2008
419 posts
266 upvotes
Price dropped by another $40 USD for the S10 Lite (now approx. $582 CAD before duties) and $30 USD for the Note 10 Lite (~$569 CAD before duties). I am crying as I type this Crying Face.
vivibaby wrote: How does the s10 lite differ from the s10e? I didn't even know it was released.
This phone wasn't even released in Canada, and even the U.S. got it much later than the rest of the world, so there hasn't been much buzz.

The S10e and S10 Lite have the same processor (actually, the international version of the S10e has an Exynos, but the NA version has the Snapdragon 855), but the S10 Lite is meant more as a high-end mid-ranger as opposed to the S10e (more of a low-end flagship). Things that are missing from the S10 Lite include the headphone jack, stereo speakers, IP68 water resistance, and wireless charging. The S10 Lite has a much bigger screen (and body), comes with Android 10 (as opposed to Pie), has an in-display fingerprint reader, an additional camera (macro lens), a bigger battery, and faster charging capabilities.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
j4y-T wrote: Price dropped by another $40 USD for the S10 Lite (now approx. $582 CAD before duties) and $30 USD for the Note 10 Lite (~$569 CAD before duties). I am crying as I type this Crying Face.



This phone wasn't even released in Canada, and even the U.S. got it much later than the rest of the world, so there hasn't been much buzz.

The S10e and S10 Lite have the same processor (actually, the international version of the S10e has an Exynos, but the NA version has the Snapdragon 855), but the S10 Lite is meant more as a high-end mid-ranger as opposed to the S10e (more of a low-end flagship). Things that are missing from the S10 Lite include the headphone jack, stereo speakers, IP68 water resistance, and wireless charging. The S10 Lite has a much bigger screen (and body), comes with Android 10 (as opposed to Pie), has an in-display fingerprint reader, an additional camera (macro lens), a bigger battery, and faster charging capabilities.
Lol, I was able to cancel my order to get the lower price but now I can't place an order until tonight because it's Shabbat. Classic B&H!
Member
Jan 30, 2018
212 posts
85 upvotes
Just thought I'd put my 2 cent's in:

I've been using the S10 lite for 1 month now.
I bought the official USA version of the phone from Amazon.com for $450 USD at the time.
The USA version has complete North American LTE band support. While the UK/international version does not.
The S10 lite is in fact water proof just not certified. Rubber seals and gaskets around the sim card slot and internally.
Battery life is incredible, which is the #1 reason for my purchase.
The screen is also amazing even if it is only 1080P.
The S10 lite supports full 45 Watt Samsung fast charging, only the note 10 and s20 support those speeds currently.
The frame is aluminum and the rest of the body is plastic.
Any other questions or concerns please let me know.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
2289 posts
284 upvotes
Calgary
Interested in the Note 10 Lite,
One thing missing for me is the wireless charging though.
Haven't been following the latest technologies much, but from online comparison, seems note 10 lite has the optical in-screen fingerprint sensor vs. ultrasonic ones, wonder how well it works?
Member
Oct 18, 2011
330 posts
208 upvotes
Regina
does anybody know how long it takes to get the item shipped to the door from B&H?

Moreover, S-world electronics . ca has it for roughly the same price. is this site legit? thx.
Member
Aug 5, 2008
419 posts
266 upvotes
shengli2009fall wrote: does anybody know how long it takes to get the item shipped to the door from B&H?

Moreover, S-world electronics . ca has it for roughly the same price. is this site legit? thx.
Ordered mine Wednesday night, it shipped Sunday, and it arrived at my door Thursday (keep in mind Wednesday was Canada day).

I saw the one at s-world as well, but wasn't sure how reputable they are.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2014
1094 posts
1324 upvotes
renhui wrote: Interested in the Note 10 Lite,
One thing missing for me is the wireless charging though.
Haven't been following the latest technologies much, but from online comparison, seems note 10 lite has the optical in-screen fingerprint sensor vs. ultrasonic ones, wonder how well it works?
Only the Galaxy S10/Note10/S20 (non-Lite, non-e) series have the ultrasonic sensor so far, while many other phones from various manufacturers have the optical sensor.

From what I've read from reviews, it seems like the optical sensor is faster (easier to read the fingerprint), but much less secure (can be tricked using an image of the fingerprint) than the ultrasonic sensor.

One thing to consider is that you can use the ultrasonic sensor while the screen is off, whereas this is not possible with the optical sensor (screen must be turned on first). This is a dealbreaker for me personally.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
3express wrote: Only the Galaxy S10/Note10/S20 (non-Lite, non-e) series have the ultrasonic sensor so far, while many other phones from various manufacturers have the optical sensor.

From what I've read from reviews, it seems like the optical sensor is faster (easier to read the fingerprint), but much less secure (can be tricked using an image of the fingerprint) than the ultrasonic sensor.

One thing to consider is that you can use the ultrasonic sensor while the screen is off, whereas this is not possible with the optical sensor (screen must be turned on first). This is a dealbreaker for me personally.
Can't you set it to turn on automatically when you move the phone? I still use a stupid pattern unlock but will be switching to fingerprint for my clients' data security.

I reordered the S10 Lite at the lower price of USD$431 and updated the thread title to reflect that. Thanks for the heads up @j4y-T
Member
User avatar
Jan 26, 2009
349 posts
152 upvotes
Niagara Region
Just ordered one $486.89 USD with duties and tax. Finally gonna retire my essential. This looks good, hopefully it doesn't feel too big.
Newbie
Jul 4, 2020
6 posts
2 upvotes
Hi guys..

I get this message when ordering..anyone else have this issue

Location Restrictions

We are unable to accept orders with the selected shipping address for the following item(s):

Samsung Adaptive Fast Charge Wall Charger & USB Type-C Cable Kit

In order to ship I have to remove fast charger from cart ..it is included.

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
bgshooter22 wrote: Hi guys..

I get this message when ordering..anyone else have this issue

Location Restrictions

We are unable to accept orders with the selected shipping address for the following item(s):

Samsung Adaptive Fast Charge Wall Charger & USB Type-C Cable Kit

In order to ship I have to remove fast charger from cart ..it is included.

Thanks
Yeah it's a slight annoyance but the phone is a good deal. Bear in mind you will need a plug because this one comes with a USB C cable and a UK adapter. That's why they were including the US kit. But for me it doesn't matter because I already have my S8 plug.

You can also by the ultra high speed charger but not worth it for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
7718 posts
6907 upvotes
ahbib82 wrote: Just thought I'd put my 2 cent's in:

I've been using the S10 lite for 1 month now.
I bought the official USA version of the phone from Amazon.com for $450 USD at the time.
The USA version has complete North American LTE band support. While the UK/international version does not.
The S10 lite is in fact water proof just not certified. Rubber seals and gaskets around the sim card slot and internally.
Battery life is incredible, which is the #1 reason for my purchase.
The screen is also amazing even if it is only 1080P.
The S10 lite supports full 45 Watt Samsung fast charging, only the note 10 and s20 support those speeds currently.
The frame is aluminum and the rest of the body is plastic.
Any other questions or concerns please let me know.
the official USA version doesn't have dual sim right?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)