Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
B&H Photo Video

Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (6.7", 128GB, 8GB, SD855, 4500mah) US$431 / CAD$585 (and Note 10 Lite CAD$572)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 4:31 pm
Jan 30, 2018
212 posts
85 upvotes
No the official USA version of the phone sold on Amazon.com does not have dual sim capability.
I've never used a UK based phone here in Canada so I'm not entirely sure what bands you will be missing by buying the model available on B&H.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
ahbib82 wrote: No the official USA version of the phone sold on Amazon.com does not have dual sim capability.
I've never used a UK based phone here in Canada so I'm not entirely sure what bands you will be missing by buying the model available on B&H.
They show wireless compatibility with each Canadian provider on the product page. It's good.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1846 posts
1176 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
j4y-T wrote: I was just about to post this deal, but OP beat me to it! Ordered this phone last Thursday and it arrived yesterday, so have been playing around with it for just less than a day. I actually wanted to get the OP7T, but it was sold out, so the S10 Lite caught my eye. At full price ($649 USD, so like $875 CAD or something) it's an easy pass, especially considering the OP7T was on sale for $669 CAD, but at $640 CAD (came to around $745 CAD after duties and conversion) it's much more reasonable.

They are pretty similar phones (both come with Android 10, similar size factor, same GPU, 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, triple camera arrays w/ an ultrawide-angle lens, and neither have headphone jacks or IP water resistance ratings). The main differences are:
  • OP7T has glass back and wireless charging vs. plastic ("glasstic") on S10 Lite (and no wireless charging)
  • OP7T has 90Hz screen vs. 60Hz on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has Snapdragon 855+ vs. Snapdragon 855 on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has a telephoto lens vs. macro lens on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has stereo speakers vs. single speaker on S10 Lite
  • OP7T has 3800mAh battery vs. 4500mAh battery on S10 Lite
  • OxygenOS vs. OneUI
  • OP7T memory is non-expandable vs. expandable (via microSD) on S10 Lite

A lot of it will be down to personal preference. The telephoto lens on the OP7T is arguably more useful than the S10 Lite's macro lens; however, most reviewers agreed that the S10 Lite's picture quality was generally better (particularly low-light). The processor difference is probably negligible in real world usage. Lack of a 90Hz refresh rate, wireless charging, or stereo speakers weren't really dealbreakers for me, and the big battery is helpful.

Also, PSA: as noted in the description, it comes with a UK charger, so you either have to have a converter or hopefully you have another USB-C cable and charging brick.
I have a 7T and just a few corrections to your post:
- there is no wireless charging with the 7T despite having a glass back, that's only for the 8 Pro (even the regular 7 and 8, and 7 Pro do not have wireless charging)
- 7T technically has a "super macro" mode through the ultra-wide camera (tri-camera setup is 48MP main camera, 16MP ultra-wide, and 12MP telephoto) but I don't really use it so I guess its usefulness depends on preference? I mostly just use the main camera with the GCam mod... stock camera is hit or miss depending on how much light there is.
- 30W Warp Charge is more than sufficient even though the 7T has a smaller battery than the S10 Lite

I can't comment on the S10 Lite and OneUI since I've never used as Samsung product, but OxygenOS is as almost stock Android as possible, which I personally like.
Aug 5, 2008
419 posts
266 upvotes
diav wrote: I have a 7T and just a few corrections to your post:
- there is no wireless charging with the 7T despite having a glass back, that's only for the 8 Pro (even the regular 7 and 8, and 7 Pro do not have wireless charging)
- 7T technically has a "super macro" mode through the ultra-wide camera (tri-camera setup is 48MP main camera, 16MP ultra-wide, and 12MP telephoto) but I don't really use it so I guess its usefulness depends on preference? I mostly just use the main camera with the GCam mod... stock camera is hit or miss depending on how much light there is.
- 30W Warp Charge is more than sufficient even though the 7T has a smaller battery than the S10 Lite

I can't comment on the S10 Lite and OneUI since I've never used as Samsung product, but OxygenOS is as almost stock Android as possible, which I personally like.
WHOOPS - sorry, huge oversight there re: wireless charging. Fixed (thanks!)
Jan 17, 2013
772 posts
369 upvotes
Two questions about this Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite from B&H:

- Does the notification panel has the "Mobile Data" icon to easily turn on/off mobile data?

- Can the Home Screen layout be locked on this phone?

Aug 5, 2008
419 posts
266 upvotes
stack21 wrote: Two questions about this Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite from B&H:

- Does the notification panel has the "Mobile Data" icon to easily turn on/off mobile data?

- Can the Home Screen layout be locked on this phone?

Yes to both.
Jan 17, 2013
772 posts
369 upvotes
j4y-T wrote: Yes to both.
That's good, there is no need to ADB anymore to manually add the mobile data on/off and each time after a software update.
Dec 14, 2018
227 posts
141 upvotes
BC
stack21 wrote: That's good, there is no need to ADB anymore to manually add the mobile data on/off and each time after a software update.
I use to have to put the data on/off button back with ADB after each monthly update. But Samsung put it back permanently with the android 10 release.
Oct 18, 2012
601 posts
741 upvotes
Montréal
mjtree wrote: I use to have to put the data on/off button back with ADB after each monthly update. But Samsung put it back permanently with the android 10 release.
Not with S8 series. I still have to ADB the mobile data toggle back every time after a software update
Dec 14, 2018
227 posts
141 upvotes
BC
soonleaf wrote: Not with S8 series. I still have to ADB the mobile data toggle back every time after a software update
The S8 did not get Android 10.
Jul 4, 2020
6 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks...decided to go for it...hopefully will be a big upgrade from my ZenFone 3 (which I have really liked by the way)..

Thanks OP
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
bgshooter22 wrote: Thanks...decided to go for it...hopefully will be a big upgrade from my ZenFone 3 (which I have really liked by the way)..

Thanks OP
Happy to help!
Sep 5, 2012
112 posts
34 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
raceway wrote: Just ordered one $486.89 USD with duties and tax. Finally gonna retire my essential. This looks good, hopefully it doesn't feel too big.
This is really the only thing holding me back... This is a good deal but the phone seems way too big
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
kimo37 wrote: This is really the only thing holding me back... This is a good deal but the phone seems way too big
Yes it seems to be a beast! The 20:9 screen aspect ratio helps with holding it, just watch some youtube vids I guess and look for different hand sizes. Or go to a store if you are brave
Feb 26, 2017
253 posts
200 upvotes
prices have been lowered btw. 429.99 for S10 lite now, Note 10 lite is $30 cheaper than OP's screenshot too.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
Senescence wrote: prices have been lowered btw. 429.99 for S10 lite now, Note 10 lite is $30 cheaper than OP's screenshot too.
Yes I changed the title a while ago, didn't both with new screenshots though
Dec 14, 2018
227 posts
141 upvotes
BC
kimo37 wrote: This is really the only thing holding me back... This is a good deal but the phone seems way too big
Yea it seems to big for me also, and it only has gorilla glass 3. Which is over 5 year old technolgy. I hope everyone that is buying this is getting a screen protector and case, as this phone could scratch and break easily.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2013
5075 posts
8413 upvotes
Canada
mjtree wrote: Yea it seems to big for me also, and it only has gorilla glass 3. Which is over 5 year old technolgy. I hope everyone that is buying this is getting a screen protector and case, as this phone could scratch and break easily.
You really think glass technology has improved that much? It's glass... It can scratch if you don't take care of it, regardless of whether its gimmick 3 or gimmick 6 ;)
Feb 26, 2017
253 posts
200 upvotes
Is it dangerous to charge this phone with a non-samsung USB-C fast charge wall plug? I'd be upgrading from a LG V20.
Aug 5, 2008
419 posts
266 upvotes
Valid concern, this phone is almost 2cm taller than my previous device (Honor 8). I was so paranoid about it being top-heavy I bought a case with a ring built into the back. Honestly though, I'm getting quite used to it, I'm sure you will too.

If any of your friends have a OP7T, I would recommend trying it out (typing, navigating, putting it in your pocket, etc.) as they are virtually the same size.
Senescence wrote: Is it dangerous to charge this phone with a non-samsung USB-C fast charge wall plug? I'd be upgrading from a LG V20.
FWIW, I've been using the 9V/2A charger that came with my Honor 8 and everything seems fine...