Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Refurb 15.6" Lenovo Edge i7-4510U $499 USD FS

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2015 4:38 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5548 posts
3045 upvotes
Toronto

Refurb 15.6" Lenovo Edge i7-4510U $499 USD FS

Deal Link:
Price:
$499 USD
Savings:
$200 off
Expiry:
May 12, 2015
Deal Ends Midnight EST

Includes 1 Year Limited Warranty
2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-4510U Dual-Core
8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM
1TB 5400 rpm 2.5" Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2GB)
15.6" LED-Backlit Capacitive Touchscreen
Full HD 1920 x 1080 Native Resolution
Gigabit Ethernet & 802.11ac Wi-Fi
USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 / Bluetooth 4.0
Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've ordered a laptop from them before, expect to pay for currency conversion and a small (~$5) if I recall) brokerage & handling fee + HST ( I didn't see any enviro fees).
42 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1537 posts
333 upvotes
Toronto
I am new to Lenovo Edge touchscreen laptop but it said "Weight 5.06 lb / 2.30 kg" is this a little bit heavy?
Is Lenovo Yoga and Edge same Series or type?
Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5548 posts
3045 upvotes
Toronto
jurassic98 wrote: I am new to Lenovo Edge touchscreen laptop but it said "Weight 5.06 lb / 2.30 kg" is this a little bit heavy?
Is Lenovo Yoga and Edge same Series or type?
Thanks.
They are different series http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/
Some reviews refer to the Edge as a desktop replacement.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2012
1038 posts
2290 upvotes
Anyone know if this is hot?
2010-2022 Contest Winnings = $0
Jan 19, 2008
497 posts
332 upvotes
ashihtaka wrote: How much duties/fees did you have to pay? For $500 US, I'm assuming it'll be in the $100s?
B&H includes taxes and all fees.

SubTotal: $499.00

Customs Clearance : $37.46

Shipping: Free

Order Total: $536.46
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
1940 posts
2817 upvotes
Mississauga
ashihtaka wrote: How much duties/fees did you have to pay? For $500 US, I'm assuming it'll be in the $100s?
there is no duty on laptops. you will just pay your provincial taxes + a $5 brokerage fee.

total shipped to toronto is $568.43USD
Mar 17, 2015
318 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg
ashihtaka wrote: nvm.
Don't want to risk a refurb from a company I haven't heard of, but the laptop is good.
B&H Photo is a pretty reputable retailer. Back when the dollar was better they were a great place to import electronic goods from since their prices are as good as you can get yet also have great support. You could almost think of them as like, a bigger version of Memory Express in the USA.

None the less, I would also not really want to risk a refurb here. Not sure what B&H's policy is but if return shipping isn't covered it could end in some hurt.
Jun 3, 2004
932 posts
444 upvotes
MTL
Will never spend more than $10 on a refurbished item.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2939 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
Changed my mind and bought one due to Lenovo offering 1 year warranty.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1933 upvotes
Vancouver
Nice, thanks OP! There's also an option for an i5 with integrated graphics for $80 less. I know a lot of people don't think that's a reasonable trade off, but the i7 is overkill for me, and I assume the i5 would have better battery life.

Anyone compare this to the Toshiba s55t for $600 at the MS Canada store? They both seem pretty good for spec-price.

Can't decide if I get this now or wait for BTS and hope they really start clearing out the 8.1 machines.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
5548 posts
3045 upvotes
Toronto
Manic1! wrote: B&H includes taxes and all fees.
Past experience on tracking is that your order seems hung up for the first day or two while they pack, and prep the import stuff. After that it is quick courier service.
KrimsonStudios wrote: B&H Photo is a pretty reputable retailer. ....

None the less, I would also not really want to risk a refurb here. Not sure what B&H's policy is but if return shipping isn't covered it could end in some hurt.
I first learnt about B&H in photography books by Scott Kelby. They have had a good reputation for a long time.

I'm not sure on the warranty, if it is Lenovo's own, it would be like buying a Lenovo laptop here. Lenovo depot service worldwide. I've had IBM refurbs before, had a hard drive fail in the first few days. They shipped me a replacement overnight after a couple of simple questions.
Nov 15, 2010
425 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal
Ordered the lower end model with the i5. No need for i7+discrete graphics. Hopefully it gets here by Friday.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2939 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
goonerm3 wrote: Ordered the lower end model with the i5. No need for i7+discrete graphics. Hopefully it gets here by Friday.
Really? the Graphics is what made me grab the deal. I guess if you won't play any games it's not useful but an 840m is a very new card that's worth more than the $80 upgrade.
Nov 15, 2010
425 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal
ashihtaka wrote: Really? the Graphics is what made me grab the deal. I guess if you won't play any games it's not useful but an 840m is a very new card that's worth more than the $80 upgrade.
Now youre making me doubt myself :p. Nah I never ever game on pc, especially not my laptop. Plus Im hoping it helps battery life.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
2939 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
goonerm3 wrote: Now youre making me doubt myself :p. Nah I never ever game on pc, especially not my laptop. Plus Im hoping it helps battery life.
Will definitely have a bit longer battery i'm sure.
I'm pretty excited to get this thing, hopefully they're in good condition.
Nov 15, 2010
425 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal
Well bh photo dropped the ball on this one. My first order didnt go thru because there site was temporarily unavailable. Second order attempt went thru but was cancelled because of issues with my CC...yet they authorized my card for the same amount twice (showing as pending authorized transactions).
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1933 upvotes
Vancouver
ashihtaka wrote: Will definitely have a bit longer battery i'm sure.
I'm pretty excited to get this thing, hopefully they're in good condition.
Is there a way of disabling the graphics card to extend battery power, maybe through eco/battery saver mode, then turn it back on when you do need the extra horsepower? I've been comparing this with the Toshiba, per my previous post, and this is the PROS for each model that I came up with (both have 1920x1080 touchscreens, USB3, wireless AC, BT4.0, etc):

LENOVO PROS
- i7 with graphics card (or downgrade to i5 for less $)
- Flex hinge
- backlit keyboard
- good reviews (can't find much on the Toshiba)

TOSHIBA PROS
- new, vs refurb (but Lenovo's still has 1yr warranty)
- current generation i5 chip
- 1/2 lb lighter
- confirmed with MS Customer Service that the RAM and battery are user replaceable (but I still don't believe them)
- MS Signature line, i.e. no bloatware or superfish