b]lgb]lg

b]lgb]lgb]lgb]lg
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3651 posts
1070 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't see how there would be a wait time unless it's a popular surgeon with a long waitlist. I assume this because cosmetic surgery is privatized and potentially not many people would be waiting for it.

However, if your droopy eyelid is affecting your vision, you might be able to get a referral to a plastic surgeon and it might be covered by OHIP. In that case, there might be a wait.
[OP]
Jan 20, 2013
415 posts
226 upvotes
b]lgb]lg
b]lgb]lg
b]lg

b]lgb]lgb]lg

b]lg
b]lgb]lgb]lg

b]lg
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3651 posts
1070 upvotes
Vancouver
^ Sorry I don't have first hand with cosmetic surgery so please don't take my word as gospel! My post was just speculation. I didn't realize cosmetic surgeons have a 6-8 week wait for consultations. Maybe you could get lucky and take a last minute cancellation spot?

Seeing you have ~4 months to play with, I'm sure you would be able to schedule your surgery date before that. If you've narrowed down a surgeon based on research and the consultation is merely a formality, I'm sure you can book the actual surgery date for soon after. Good luck!! Start calling and booking appointments soon!

Update this post when you can.. I'm curious. lol
Nov 20, 2012
188 posts
8 upvotes
RAYMOND
Most plastic surgeons have quite a long wait for consultation, but don't worry, the time from consultation to surgery is usually very short. So even though it might take 2+ months to see the doctor, if your consultation goes well and they believe they can help you, you could be under the knife in as little as two weeks after that. It all depends on the surgeons schedule and if they need you to get outside testing done before you're given the go-ahead for surgery (blood work etc).

When you book your consultation just ask what the wait time from consultation to surgical date would be, i'm sure you'll get a straight answer (PS mentioning that you want the procedure done ASAP after your consultation can help you get a consultation sooner, especially if the office has an open surgical date in the near future that they have to fill). Like litebrite said, cosmetic surgery is privatized and most cosmetic surgeons have individual practices so they're usually booked solid as they have no alternative surgeons in their practice to share the work load with. If you're looking to get two procedures done, i'd try to find a surgeon who would be able to do both procedures, because you could have them done at the same time. This would be good for you because you wouldn't have to wait for two separate surgeries, and your overall costs would be less because you wouldn't be paying two separate surgical fees (for anaesthesia and equipment use) because it'd be in one go. Also you'd probably be hard-pressed to find a surgeon who would give you surgery immediately after another surgeon had done a procedure on you, simply because complications could arise from the first and the affect the second procedure.

In any case, make sure you research your surgeon well! Just because someone can get you in sooner doesn't mean they're going to do a better job. Some things are worth the wait. Best of luck to you.
patriots wrote: Thanks for your reply. I hope you're right :)

The reason I'm concerned about a wait time is because the last few doctors & surgeons I tried contacting, were only able to book our first consultation in 6-8 weeks from now. So that had me thinking that the actual surgery itself would be an even longer wait. :( And I'm not quite sure how popular the surgeons I've contacted are.

Either way, I would be extremely happy if I was able to get my surgeries no later than 2nd week of August.

PS - my vision is ok, OHIP couldn't pay for it
>
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13686 posts
3061 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I was looking for a new dermo since mine will retire in 2 weeks... I found the Schachter people. They are excellent both in medical and cosmetic dermatology, plastic surgery. They cost more but I heard they are EXCELLENT. The head doc is dr. daniel schachter. His mother was dr. ricky kanee schachter who passed in 2008. If you know anything about the Schachter Institute at Women's College Hospital in Toronto it was headed/founded by her. She was a pioneer in canadian medical and cosmetic plastic surgery, even has her own wiki entry. Anyway her son is dr. daniel schachter who is connected to WCH also. I hear he's really good too! First consultation takes about 2 mos waiting time. Then if everything is ok he will perform surgery discussed between the 2 of you.. His other partners include dr anne curtis, also great but 2 mos waiting time too. Consultation covered by OHIP. Plastic surgery is not and he will discuss any cost.

Check the link.
http://www.unlockyourbeauty.com/prof.php

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)