• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 2:08 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
5708 posts
3756 upvotes
thetipster wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:42 pm
Interesting article about parent bank ...

CBC News: Montreal man has $800 in rolled change, but his bank won't deposit the money.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal ... -1.5284469
Stories like these are why nobody should trust this bank at all.

They took a royal dump on their loyal customers and they literally don't care.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5100 posts
1779 upvotes
L4cky wrote:
Sep 15th, 2019 10:59 pm
is anyone else still have trouble opening a bank account?
I gave up trying and B2B never called me back after I left a message with a rep to have someone help me with this.
Aug 21, 2016
192 posts
83 upvotes
Is this dead? I don't see it listed on their main page. Rate is now much lower on their HIIA Savings.
Jan 29, 2006
382 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
fern54 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 1:20 pm
Is this dead? I don't see it listed on their main page. Rate is now much lower on their HIIA Savings.
https://b2bbank.com/en/rates/banking-rates

still there,

"Notice: Effective August 12, 2019, B2B Bank has increased its interest rate for the B2B Bank HISA and B2B Bank Business HISA to 3.30%2."
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3027 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
For some reason, I've sent a large transaction to B2B. It went in, and then was immediately withdrawn. Waiting for B2B to contact me....
Sep 17, 2008
41 posts
14 upvotes
Sepharite wrote:
Sep 17th, 2019 10:57 pm
For some reason, I've sent a large transaction to B2B. It went in, and then was immediately withdrawn. Waiting for B2B to contact me....
That is very concerning. Please keep us updated with what happens with this...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3779 upvotes
ON
Poutinesauce wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 10:58 pm
Stories like these are why nobody should trust this bank at all.

They took a royal dump on their loyal customers and they literally don't care.
I'd take it easy there with your loose definition of "royal dump"...they don't accept change , they don't want to deal with it and changed their policies to reflect that.
They're free to do that at the risk of losing customers just as customers are free to switch banks when they no longer offer a service they require.
He's not on a contract there and only banks with them because it's convenient for him as he points out.
Why don't you go on a rampage and claim all businesses take "royal dumps" on their clients when they change the services they offer to cut expenses ?

I guess when B2B eventually lowers the rates on this HISA, they'll be taking a "royal dump" on us ? What if they increase the rate ? ZOMG !!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
7608 posts
3779 upvotes
ON
kalicokid wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 8:53 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
5708 posts
3756 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 9:32 am
I'd take it easy there with your loose definition of "royal dump"...they don't accept change , they don't want to deal with it and changed their policies to reflect that.
They're free to do that at the risk of losing customers just as customers are free to switch banks when they no longer offer a service they require.
He's not on a contract there and only banks with them because it's convenient for him as he points out.
Why don't you go on a rampage and claim all businesses take "royal dumps" on their clients when they change the services they offer to cut expenses ?

I guess when B2B eventually lowers the rates on this HISA, they'll be taking a "royal dump" on us ? What if they increase the rate ? ZOMG !!!
I stand by what I said. You don't get how many of their customers they pissed off in Quebec, their most loyal customers who have been with them sometimes for decades. They eliminated all teller services and closed half the branches.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1120 posts
995 upvotes
Vancouver
Poutinesauce wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 10:09 am
I stand by what I said. You don't get how many of their customers they pissed off in Quebec, their most loyal customers who have been with them sometimes for decades. They eliminated all teller services and closed half the branches.
That is a good reason to be upset with them as an existing customer, especially if they didn't give ample warning of their business decision.

However it's not necessarily a trust issue for new customers, although admittedly it shows that they have less commitment to their customer base than most banks.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3027 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
kalicokid wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 8:53 am
I am on the phone with them. They don't even see the large deposit on their system, even though I see in my transaction history. I had to provide a transaction number for them to investigate. Super concerning. This is the first time I have had to prove to the bank that they have my money.

I will be withdrawing all my money from this bank ASAP. I would advise that you all do too. Not worth the extra 1% interest.

Status: According to the bank, the money was reversed by the primary account (bank the money came from). They advised me to contact the bank. I did so, and the primary bank has no idea why they would reverse it and there's no history of it being reversed. If this doesn't get resolved in 3 business days, I will seek help from CDIC. Keep you guys posted.
Dec 26, 2015
313 posts
130 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
So maybe this is just me but can you clarify .Where is the money? Is it no longer in either of the banks?

In one of the posts I this forum I think there was a rep from the bank/VP. Perhaps send him a message to see if he can help at least find what happened to your money?.

Sepharite wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 12:06 pm
I am on the phone with them. They don't even see the large deposit on their system, even though I see in my transaction history. I had to provide a transaction number for them to investigate. Super concerning. This is the first time I have had to prove to the bank that they have my money.

I will be withdrawing all my money from this bank ASAP. I would advise that you all do too. Not worth the extra 1% interest.

Status: According to the bank, the money was reversed by the primary account (bank the money came from). They advised me to contact the bank. I did so, and the primary bank has no idea why they would reverse it and there's no history of it being reversed. If this doesn't get resolved in 3 business days, I will seek help from CDIC. Keep you guys posted.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
1120 posts
995 upvotes
Vancouver
systemdude wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 1:15 pm
So maybe this is just me but can you clarify .Where is the money? Is it no longer in either of the banks?
It happens that money gets lost temporarily in transit when some glitch like this happens between the sending bank and the receiving bank. The customer service agents for either side have no idea what's going on or where the money is, but it's slowly working its way through some internal departments, and should eventually show up again - banks very seldom lose money completely due to the need to make their books balance.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep up the pressure to find it and provide answers about what happened. It may at least speed up the process.

When this does happen it's extremely annoying that the bank seems to treat it with all the importance of losing their pencil.
Oct 9, 2014
53 posts
28 upvotes
Quebec, QC
Poutinesauce wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 10:09 am
I am one of these "loyal customer", almost 30 years; their changes had been announced clearly before taking effect and as far as I know, with the computerized service, ATM and counsellors service, everything is fine !!! And more, an HISA at 3,30% in bonus...

Best regards !
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2819 posts
1743 upvotes
Montreal
I just tried to sign up for the HISA and got the following error:

Error message
We are unable to authenticate your identity and cannot process your application. Please contact us at 1.866.334.4434 for assistance.

virtuman1980 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2013 8:56 am
Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote:
Feb 19th, 2013 12:35 am
... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.