Personal Finance

B2B Bank HISA 1.50% (Sept 16th) *New accounts opening through referral code from an Advisor only*

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 4:04 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10483 posts
7613 upvotes
ON
dsren95 wrote: I probably need certain # of posts to do it.
Flip screen 180*, hit thumbs down button...hope you feel better after doing it !
Jun 18, 2015
83 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
dilligafeh wrote: Flip screen 180*, hit thumbs down button...hope you feel better after doing it !
LOL, still got that error message
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg
dsren95 wrote: Thanks for the info.
Np. I had to confirm the micro deposits of my first linked account before it worked if I remember correctly
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Jun 18, 2015
83 posts
13 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Shawguy wrote: Np. I had to confirm the micro deposits of my first linked account before it worked if I remember correctly
ok,that makes sense. I will wait my account linked, then do anything else.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
dsren95 wrote: Yesterday I tried to receive e-transfer, and it did not work. Their system has so much problems.
I spoke with Customer Service and they told me you cannot deposit e-Transfers into B2B HISA's if that's the only account you have with them.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2781 posts
2300 upvotes
Winnipeg
projector wrote: I spoke with Customer Service and they told me you cannot deposit e-Transfers into B2B HISA's if that's the only account you have with them.
That is correct. You need a chequing account to send or receive e-transfers.
*Do you like someone's idea, post, or response? Why not consider giving them "thanks" and clicking the thumbs up to give them the credit they deserve.*
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2005
1950 posts
355 upvotes
Final Call to B2B Bank, after multiple failures, I really did want the 3.3%

If you cannot get a account created via the online method, then, do not bother. The rep basically told me, if the Automated website will not accept your application you are basically SOL and there is nothing they will/can do about it. Do not waste your time with these fools.

For myself, I would take the extra $$$ as I'm only getting 2.8% with another bank, but, this is pathetic service. So it should be known.

Pathetic bank if you ask me.

I sent them this message, let's see if I get a response:
I have made sure everyone knows about your pathetic banking practices, I have tried now for a month to open up an online bank account with your company and all I have had is the runaround.

You should really not waste people's time giving them the 1-800 crap you do when you do not accept the application and tell them the truth. Finally, a customer service representative answered the fact that if I cannot complete it via that form, you will not accept me as a customer.

I have made sure to update the forum that I received your information on your great rate to tell everyone not to bother with contacting you via that 1-800 number you provide as you are useless.

I was hoping to take advantage of your 3.3% rate with my 100 grand, but I will definitely avoid your services and will make sure others are aware of your practices, I ask that you simply update your information that you give when you fail to process someones initial order and just state "If you are getting this screen, you will be unable to be a customer of ours, and instead of wasting your time calling the 1-800 number we regret that you cannot be a client and don't waste any more of your time"

Thanks for reading this.

Regards,
Nikon D810, 16-35 F4 VR, 70-200 F2.8E VR, 50 1.8
May 7, 2009
118 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
Shawguy wrote: I have not experienced that, but I haven't accepted one in over a week. Any specific error code? I know in the beginning etransfer didn't initially work for 48 hrs after opening the account.
Thank you. I'm also having difficulties receiving Interac e-transfers. I opened the savings account yesterday, and chequing account today - I'll give it another 48 hours. I had to call in as my username and password were initially not working - the rep reset my password, and I'm now able to log in.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
magical wrote: Final Call to B2B Bank, after multiple failures, I really did want the 3.3%

If you cannot get a account created via the online method, then, do not bother. The rep basically told me, if the Automated website will not accept your application you are basically SOL and there is nothing they will/can do about it. Do not waste your time with these fools.

For myself, I would take the extra $$$ as I'm only getting 2.8% with another bank, but, this is pathetic service. So it should be known.

Signed up on the weekend without issues. Did the link account part yesterday and had 2 micro transactions today. Just finished up linking my accounts and transferred $1 to see how it goes. Hopefully no issues and i can transfer my spare money.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2018
1075 posts
664 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
magical wrote: Final Call to B2B Bank, after multiple failures, I really did want the 3.3%

Damn, you're personally offended by this aren't you?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Just confirmed EQ bank's link ... Now I have 3 links there at B2B --- Tangerine, EQ Bank and Manulife ... ( can link one more if needed ... - maybe Motusbank ... or Motive Financial, if I eventually register it ).

My money at B2B became available today ... ALL of it. :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes

I haven't been able to open an account online either and no one from B2B has returned my requests for a call back so I feel your pain.

After reading about all of the grief people have had even AFTER opening the account, I actually am not sure if what I am trying to achieve is more trouble than it is worth.

People like us should consider it a blessing that we cannot open an account. Who needs the headache of not being able to reliably access your funds when you need them.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2506 posts
1279 upvotes
ON
choclover wrote: I haven't been able to open an account online either and no one from B2B has returned my requests for a call back so I feel your pain.

After reading about all of the grief people have had even AFTER opening the account, I actually am not sure if what I am trying to achieve is more trouble than it is worth.

People like us should consider it a blessing that we cannot open an account. Who needs the headache of not being able to reliably access your funds when you need them.
I think most of the "problems" people are having after opening the account are due to them not opening a chequing account as well.
I was LUCKY enough to get through the account opening and shortly after opening the savings account I opened the chq as well. I have not had a single issue since...
Except there was a day when they temporarily disabled e-transfer sending... big deal.

Anyhow that's my 2 cents, take it or leave it.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Just confirmed EQ bank's link ... Now I have 3 links there at B2B --- Tangerine, EQ Bank and Manulife ... ( can link one more if needed ... - maybe Motusbank ... or Motive Financial, if I eventually register it ).

My money at B2B became available today ... ALL of it. :)
Just started process to link the last / 4th external bank to B2B ..... I went with motusbank ... -- maybe will consider switching motusbank for Motive Financial in few weeks, after I'll open Motive Financial account (I don't even have it open yet, but planning to do it this week).
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1797 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
For people that has been with B2B for awhile, how is the 3.3% interest being paid out? Monthly like Tangerine?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
Darkman wrote: Just started process to link the last / 4th external bank to B2B ..... I went with motusbank ... -- maybe will consider switching motusbank for Motive Financial in few weeks, after I'll open Motive Financial account (I don't even have it open yet, but planning to do it this week).
If you can get a Motive Financial account open in less than 3 weeks, then you'll be the record holder for application processing speed -- my account took over 6 weeks to become usable earlier this summer
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
threadhead wrote: If you can get a Motive Financial account open in less than 3 weeks, then you'll be the record holder for application processing speed -- my account took over 6 weeks to become usable earlier this summer
One week for me, and that was a joint account. But we were already customers of parent Canadian Western Bank.

Record for slowest: HSBC, 3 months to open a new joint account for an existing customer.
Last edited by Scote64 on Oct 16th, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 25, 2006
580 posts
91 upvotes
read terms and conditions ...especially #11 where they distribute to 3rd parties, which may be overseas, and can do whatever they wish in accordance to 'their laws' ...so, all consider everything sold.
Perfect eBay Feedback
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
enricor wrote: read terms and conditions ...especially #11 where they distribute to 3rd parties, which may be overseas, and can do whatever they wish in accordance to 'their laws' ...so, all consider everything sold.
I remember privacy. That was something people had back in the '90s, right?
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2006
1051 posts
964 upvotes
Does B2B offer joint chequing/savings?

Lack of joint accounts has been one of my pet peeves with EQ Bank.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)