Personal Finance

B2B Bank HISA 1.50% (Sept 16th) *New accounts opening through referral code from an Advisor only*

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 4:04 pm
Jan 6, 2020
32 posts
5 upvotes
Please advise how to signup with referral code, looks like this field us mandatory for signing up with B2B bank
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1530 posts
2457 upvotes
Hamilton
Nava05 wrote: Please advise how to signup with referral code, looks like this field us mandatory for signing up with B2B bank
You can’t, try LBC digital instead. Same bank, different name.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10497 posts
7631 upvotes
ON
marcaccioc42 wrote: got a letter in the mail from them today about a interest rate change. 3.3% is now capped at the first $500000 - anything above that is 1.25%
This was mentioned earlier in the thread.
It sucks that I have to find another bank to park my other half mil for a better interest rate...Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
Nava05 wrote: Please advise how to signup with referral code, looks like this field us mandatory for signing up with B2B bank
Answer is in the thread title. Anyway it's not possible unless you are a business. So go LBC instead.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
2294 posts
720 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Does b2b have a manual means of identifying me? I have an Equifax flag from another bank hacking and I can't seem to get through the application for b2b.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: Answer is in the thread title. Anyway it's not possible unless you are a business. So go LBC instead.
Are there details on how a business would open a B2B account? I tried for a personal one a couple of months back but after many, many attempts I wasn't able to get past technical problems and gave up.
Mar 23, 2004
47726 posts
13898 upvotes
Markham
choclover wrote: Are there details on how a business would open a B2B account? I tried for a personal one a couple of months back but after many, many attempts I wasn't able to get past technical problems and gave up.
I guess you will likely need to talk to an actual advisor in branch or through the phone?
Nov 21, 2015
416 posts
541 upvotes
-37.68611 176.16667
What's up with B2B? Pulled funds out of savings account on Friday and still don't have it posted as a debit out of the account today, Wednesday.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2006
1051 posts
964 upvotes
dbC00per wrote: What's up with B2B? Pulled funds out of savings account on Friday and still don't have it posted as a debit out of the account today, Wednesday.
There seems to be some debate about whether B2B supports this. I think they really want you to move money into the chequing account first, and then pull from there. (Or use their push functionality - if you trust them).
Nov 21, 2015
416 posts
541 upvotes
-37.68611 176.16667
sckor wrote: There seems to be some debate about whether B2B supports this. I think they really want you to move money into the chequing account first, and then pull from there. (Or use their push functionality - if you trust them).
I've been doing this in the past 2 months without any problems. the funds pulled out posts as a debit in B2B the same business day or the next business day.
I'm showing the funds in question in both "puller" (other FI account) and "pullee" (B2B) account since last Friday. (=double interest??)

addendum: Also, I seem to be missing the November chequing and savings statements from B2B. Anyone else?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
dbC00per wrote: I've been doing this in the past 2 months without any problems. the funds pulled out posts as a debit in B2B the same business day or the next business day.
I'm showing the funds in question in both "puller" (other FI account) and "pullee" (B2B) account since last Friday. (=double interest??)

addendum: Also, I seem to be missing the November chequing and savings statements from B2B. Anyone else?
Good catch -- I just looked in my file and the last statement I received is from Oct 31
Oct 18, 2019
91 posts
94 upvotes
dbC00per wrote: addendum: Also, I seem to be missing the November chequing and savings statements from B2B. Anyone else?
threadhead wrote: Good catch -- I just looked in my file and the last statement I received is from Oct 31
Eh? I look into my account, click on statements, select year and month and it generates a PDF statement for me.
I downloaded my Nov statement on Dec 3rd. Grabbed my Dec statement just now.

Maybe this is a recent change to their UI? I've only had my account since Nov.
Nov 21, 2015
416 posts
541 upvotes
-37.68611 176.16667
Samiracle wrote: Eh? I look into my account, click on statements, select year and month and it generates a PDF statement for me.

Great..finally estatements. A notification would have been nice. Early sign ups had statements mailed so this feature is new as of Nov. thnx for the info.
Nov 21, 2015
416 posts
541 upvotes
-37.68611 176.16667
Samiracle wrote: Eh? I look into my account, click on statements, select year and month and it generates a PDF statement for me.

Great..finally estatements. A notification would have been nice. Early sign ups had statements mailed so this feature is new as of Nov. thnx for the info.

Update: just looked everywhere on my account and don't see any estatements buttons. Gonna have to call in.

Update2: Called in. Minor glitch fixed my account so statements dropdown box is now working.
FYI: CS mentioned in the future there will be an opt out option for mailed statements. Monthly statements are still being mailed atm.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound

Thanks for the heads-up, I don't believe that feature was there before. I just downloaded the last two months that I was missing.

Initially you could self-generate an activity report from Date X to Date Y for your own record keeping purposes, but the result had a watermark on it stating "This is not an official statement." The bona fide month-end statement could only be had via the printed paper version in the snail mail. In my case at least the issuance of the snail mail statements seems to have been automatically suspended as of Oct 31
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10058 posts
6149 upvotes
dbC00per wrote: I've been doing this in the past 2 months without any problems. the funds pulled out posts as a debit in B2B the same business day or the next business day.

My B2B acct was debited right away, but my Tangerine acct was credited the next bus. day when I pushed from B2B to Tangerine. So I lost 1 day of interest.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)