Personal Finance

B2B Bank HISA 1.50% (Sept 16th) *New accounts opening through referral code from an Advisor only*

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 4:04 pm
Jun 23, 2019
42 posts
12 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Oh I think today was the last day for the promotion. It is now back to 1.2%
Jul 21, 2019
136 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
willowfly09 wrote: Oh I think today was the last day for the promotion. It is now back to 1.2%
Where do you see this?
Showing up as 3.3% for me everywhere I look.
Sep 14, 2009
514 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver
Can we link to more than one external bank account? When I try, it just shows the existing account with no option to add another.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2245 posts
1818 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
dmehus wrote: @jacnel Across Canada? I can offer a useful DP. Some Scotiabank branches, particularly 91660 (Westbank Towne Centre) where my mom used to work 80150 (Kelowna Main Branch), used to dispense $10s and $20s (back in the 90s or early 00s), but it was problematic in that one of the cassettes in each machine would have to be stocked with $10 notes, which means that they would cycle through cash more often. Branches typically only get one cash shipment per week (sometimes 2 shipments per week for higher volume branches). At the same time, branches also have cash holdings limits within which they must stay, for robbery prevention reasons but also because holding cash is a cost to the bank in that the value of physical cash held means that's money that can't otherwise be lent out in the form of unsecured or secured personal and commercial lending.

I'm sure Scotia isn't the only one that doesn't dispense $10s and $50s, but typically, credit unions, HSBC, and National Bank are the best for dispensing multiple denominations.

Cheers,
Doug

Friendly tag: @titaniumtux
The branch I was at was the Georgetown one. It dispensed every bill except for $10 which I found strange. The CUs here only hand out $20 bills.
I like credit unions and Honda Civics.
Member with DUCA Credit Union.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2541 posts
1034 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
jacnel wrote: The branch I was at was the Georgetown one. It dispensed every bill except for $10 which I found strange. The CUs here only hand out $20 bills.
I don't know any CUs in Canada dispenses anything but $20 :)))))
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2245 posts
1818 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
dekvitaly wrote: I don't know any CUs in Canada dispenses anything but $20 :)))))
Supposedly some in Manitoba dispense 10s
I like credit unions and Honda Civics.
Member with DUCA Credit Union.
Jan 29, 2006
428 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up with them over the weekend,
I got 2 micro transactions sent to my other bank,. but my account is still not linked on B2B website.

Should I be waiting for some sort of verification email or something? not sure what the next step is.
dbC00per wrote: My DP:

Signed up today for HISA. The whole process took about 20 minutes. Equifax verification took 2 minutes (I timed it).
Able to log into my online account immediately and add a chequing account.

My only gripe is that the site wouldn't link my external account(s). Tried linking 3 different FIs but kept getting an error. Will wait 24 hours and try again tomorrow.
From FAQ, clients can only link up to 4 external accounts.

edit: linked account works now. it looks like the site will initially allow only one external account pending micro-deposits verification.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4185 posts
2575 upvotes
Edmonton
pepsi86 wrote: I got 2 micro transactions sent to my other bank,. but my account is still not linked on B2B website.
Did you confirm those micro transaction amounts in your B2B account?
Jan 29, 2006
428 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
I had to click link account again, and then enter those amounts.

All linked up.

Pretty fast process.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
3480 posts
2006 upvotes
Toronto
what are the daily limits on external account transfers?
Jan 23, 2018
637 posts
779 upvotes
Coruscant
cardero wrote: Can we link to more than one external bank account? When I try, it just shows the existing account with no option to add another.
Check that... the maximum is actually 4 linked accounts (see attached screenshot)
B2B links.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7600 posts
1682 upvotes
Mont-Royal
We are unable to process your request. Please contact us at 1.866.334.4434 for assistance.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
May 22, 2011
105 posts
97 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: Do u buy bank centered ETFs? I find I don't have enough cash to buy single banks and do DRIP from my waterhouse account and have it be worthwhile.
Look into Wealthsimple Trade for buying stocks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)