Personal Finance

B2B Bank HISA 1.50% (Sept 16th) *New accounts opening through referral code from an Advisor only*

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2020 4:04 pm
Sep 14, 2009
514 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver
Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 7.59.40 AM.jpg
rolsae wrote: Do you have a screenshot of the home screen when you log in?

Did you complete the linking of the account?
It is a 2 part process.
Step 1 enter your bank details, and 2 micro deposits are sent to your bank account ~ around 2 days
Step 2 Check your bank account for the amounts you received, go back to the b2b bank link account screen and enter the amounts you received.
then the link will be complete

Max 4 linked accounts.
I have attached a screenshot of my dashboard page. Not sure what the rest of you see when you login.

Appreciate you posting the instructions but all steps were followed. A rep called and I was issued a temp. password which I converted into a permanent login and then began the external link process (as I needed assistance due to the Equifax hiccup when trying to sign-up.) So maybe that is why I never actually got a Savings account fully activated. The Customer Service took a look and saw no account exists to transfer money into at B2B, so it's not just my stupidity at play unfortunately.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2019
10 posts
87 upvotes
cardero wrote: Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 7.59.40 AM.jpg

I have attached a screenshot of my dashboard page. Not sure what the rest of you see when you login.

Appreciate you posting the instructions but all steps were followed. A rep called and I was issued a temp. password which I converted into a permanent login and then began the external link process (as I needed assistance due to the Equifax hiccup when trying to sign-up.) So maybe that is why I never actually got a Savings account fully activated. The Customer Service took a look and saw no account exists to transfer money into at B2B, so it's not just my stupidity at play unfortunately.
There are some instances where the customer profile was created but not the actually HISA.

If this is the case, like you:
From the menu on the side, you would go to open account
Banned
Jun 15, 2012
2837 posts
1003 upvotes
Saskatoon
How long does it take from application to account linked?
PS application with Motive seems to take forever. Two weeks already and account still is not linked.
No need to type thank you; upvote=thanks.
Buffett, investors are focusing “not on what an asset will produce but rather on what the next fellow will pay for it.”

“Because gold is honest money it is disliked by dishonest men.” – R. Paul
Sep 14, 2009
514 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver
rolsae wrote: There are some instances where the customer profile was created but not the actually HISA.

If this is the case, like you:
From the menu on the side, you would go to open account
Success! Thanks for your terrific suggestion.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2015
8208 posts
4452 upvotes
ON
ukrainiandude wrote: How long does it take from application to account linked?
PS application with Motive seems to take forever. Two weeks already and account still is not linked.
Less than a day for me.
Jul 2, 2013
331 posts
110 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Opened a new account and passed Equifax... can't link external account. Let's see how long this rate lasts... at least there's easy automated ACH push/pull to move funds out.
Jul 14, 2019
421 posts
581 upvotes
Toronto
Boucherde wrote: Went to see my bank,s counseller today and talked about that: within a minute she offered me a 3,3% CPG for years... Usually, these rates are 1,95%...

Not a bad negociation point though !!!! Bring the money please: thanks !
Which bank? Could you please share how you done it?
Jul 16, 2019
622 posts
615 upvotes
alexstevens17 wrote: Opened a new account and passed Equifax... can't link external account. Let's see how long this rate lasts... at least there's easy automated ACH push/pull to move funds out.
What issues have you had linking an external account?

I've found external account linking to be one of the few things B2B does well. It's pretty much the same way Tangerine and EQ do it: Enter you institution #, transit #, and account #, then confirm the amounts of a couple microdeposits a couple days later. The only catch is they don't let you begin linking a second external account until you confirm the microdeposits for your first one. So if you want to link multiple external accounts, you have to do a bit of waiting.
Jan 23, 2018
637 posts
779 upvotes
Coruscant
someweirdo wrote: What issues have you had linking an external account?

I've found external account linking to be one of the few things B2B does well. It's pretty much the same way Tangerine and EQ do it: Enter you institution #, transit #, and account #, then confirm the amounts of a couple microdeposits a couple days later. The only catch is they don't let you begin linking a second external account until you confirm the microdeposits for your first one. So if you want to link multiple external accounts, you have to do a bit of waiting.
My exact same experience as well, plus you may have noticed that there's no delete button. So if you hit the maximum of 4 external links and want to delete one to make room for a different link, you have to call in and tell them which one to get rid of
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1428 posts
309 upvotes
ON
Hmm, I got an error in the signup process going to the verification page, but hit refresh and it worked. Those Equifax questions can be tricky (e.g. Koodo is telus corporation) but succeeded.
But signed up and submitted HSBC linked account.

What have people experienced for linking timelines (HSBC for me)?
Once you are linked, how quickly do transfers initiate (pull in)? Does it take effect immediately like EQ Bank, or have to date in the future like Tangerine?
Jul 16, 2019
30 posts
32 upvotes
I am currently on the 3% from DUCA, good until end of January 2020.
3.3% looks hot, but if they change it back in 2 months, not worth the effort switching
Mobile: Bell - $40 - 6GB + unlimited mins & texts
Internet: Rogers - $25 - 75M unlimited
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1428 posts
309 upvotes
ON
dilligafeh wrote: Less than a day for me.
Which bank? and I assume the microdeposits showed up overnight then?
Jan 14, 2018
51 posts
5 upvotes
i answered all credit question right but still doesn't let me open ugh

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)