• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 4:34 pm
[OP]
Banned
Sep 19, 2018
9 posts
18 upvotes

[Babies R Us] Playtex Diaper Genie Elite $34.97

This is apparently better than the "Complete" model. Will go well with the other post on the Munchkin diaper pail bags!
35 replies
Jul 3, 2012
58 posts
66 upvotes
Regina
Gonna return the Walmart one (was on sale for 39.99 last week) and grab it. Thx.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5825 posts
1493 upvotes
ShadowyS wrote: Gonna return the Walmart one (was on sale for 39.99 last week) and grab it. Thx.
Spend an hour of your time to save $5?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6565 posts
2638 upvotes
nyimokats wrote: This is apparently better than the "Complete" model. Will go well with the other post on the Munchkin diaper pail bags!
How is this better than the Complete version? Seems very similar. I know there is another Elite version that has the opening midway and holds more diapers, but this doesn't look like it's that version.
Jul 3, 2012
58 posts
66 upvotes
Regina
baz5 wrote: Spend an hour of your time to save $5?
Not when you have to stop by both locations anyway.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26803 posts
6031 upvotes
Hamilton
I mean... $5 is $5
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1310 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
bubboteaboy wrote: https://www.whattoexpect.com/baby-produ ... %20compare.

According to this, the Complete is better - and the Elite is discontinued.
Interesting. I read that thread too, but then I saw this youtube video around someone actually putting it to use:

Based on this, I'd lean more towards the Elite. Costco sells the Diaper Genius Elite refills for $26.49 (4 pack). Not sure if there is a difference in the refills that are labelled as "Elite" vs something else. I would assume they're all compatible, but I could be wrong? Anyone know?

Anyone have any experience/recommendations for a diaper genie system or an Ubbi/other?
Sep 19, 2008
846 posts
744 upvotes
Calgary
jumperson22 wrote: Interesting. I read that thread too, but then I saw this youtube video around someone actually putting it to use:

Based on this, I'd lean more towards the Elite. Costco sells the Diaper Genius Elite refills for $26.49 (4 pack). Not sure if there is a difference in the refills that are labelled as "Elite" vs something else. I would assume they're all compatible, but I could be wrong? Anyone know?

Anyone have any experience/recommendations for a diaper genie system or an Ubbi/other?
In this video she says the Elite 2 is the right one andthe Complete is the left. The Toysrus picture looks like the Complete not elite 2.

Im confused..
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1310 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
cbr600 wrote: In this video she says the Elite 2 is the right one andthe Complete is the left. The Toysrus picture looks like the Complete not elite 2.

Im confused..
Oh man...you're totally right! The picture looks like the Complete. Has anyone picked one up and can confirm what the box says? Wonder if there's an Elite 1 maybe? One of the biggest advantages this youtube video was mentioning was how the Diaper Genie Elite one opens up all the way which makes it easier to take the bag out. But that's kind of not the case if this has the opening like the Complete.
Oct 28, 2004
116 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
jumperson22 wrote:

I have the Diaper Genie Elite and it works fine, you'll have to change the carbon filter every few months to capture most of the odor when opening and closing it. The costco 4 pack diaper genie refills are on sale this week for 19.99. As a cheaper alternative I also use the Munchkin ones and don't notice much of a difference, they're on sale this week 8 pack for 29.99 Your text to link here...
Apr 14, 2013
10 posts
9 upvotes
I would second the comment about buying the Ubbi. We purchased 2 Ubbis (for 2 bathrooms) and probably save way more money not buying the expensive proprietary bags. And they are pretty good garbage bins now!
Aug 6, 2019
184 posts
554 upvotes
Ottawa
hongolia wrote: I would second the comment about buying the Ubbi. We purchased 2 Ubbis (for 2 bathrooms) and probably save way more money not buying the expensive proprietary bags. And they are pretty good garbage bins now!
Have you guys had the smell linger in the bins? I assume the bags I put on aren't ripped but whenever I pull out the full bag, the smell lingers for a while.