Expired Hot Deals

[Babies R Us] Playtex Diaper Genie Elite $34.97

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 4:34 pm
Feb 16, 2019
38 posts
86 upvotes
https://amzn.to/3cedOS4

For anyone interested: Amazon has some third-party bags on a good sale today.
$30, regularly $50 for an 8x count

Edit: Good lord, that's a big image. Sorry for all the scrolling!
Sep 19, 2008
846 posts
746 upvotes
Calgary
badboyxjc wrote: I have the Diaper Genie Elite and it works fine, you'll have to change the carbon filter every few months to capture most of the odor when opening and closing it. The costco 4 pack diaper genie refills are on sale this week for 19.99. As a cheaper alternative I also use the Munchkin ones and don't notice much of a difference, they're on sale this week 8 pack for 29.99 Your text to link here...
Would you say the generic one smells worse than the genie brand one? If there's no difference in smell I guess saving some money could be good
Oct 28, 2004
116 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
cbr600 wrote: Would you say the generic one smells worse than the genie brand one? If there's no difference in smell I guess saving some money could be good
I didn't notice a difference in terms of the smell through the bag. The smell escapes through the chute where you deposit a dirty diaper when you open and close the diaper genie, their double lock design doesn't work that well. Changing the carbon filter regularly reduces the smell. In terms of which refills i use, i just pick up which ever one is on sale when i'm running low.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3411 posts
2203 upvotes
Toronto
gizmokrap wrote: Have you guys had the smell linger in the bins? I assume the bags I put on aren't ripped but whenever I pull out the full bag, the smell lingers for a while.
Yes overtime the smell can stick to the plastic. What you want is an Ubbi

https://www.amazon.ca/Ubbi-Steel-Diaper ... B00821FLT4
Dec 18, 2005
863 posts
916 upvotes
Montreal
redkulat wrote: Yes overtime the smell can stick to the plastic. What you want is an Ubbi

https://www.amazon.ca/Ubbi-Steel-Diaper ... B00821FLT4
My Ubbi started to smell after a while. In the summer, with the heat, the condensation of the poopy diapers kinda seeps into the pail and the smell lingers. A good cleaning about once every 6 months is warranted. In between cleanings, I found that a sheet of bounce or some baking soda kept it smelling fresh. The diaper genie is a razor and blades kinda scam. After 2 or 3 refills, you more than paid off a 100$ Ubbi. It's also much less wasteful, without the plastic ring from the refills to dispose of. Reusable diapers cut down on waste even more, but I just didn't have the time with my third (last) kid.
Nov 3, 2018
196 posts
93 upvotes
FlyDud wrote: https://amzn.to/3cedOS4

Are they 100% compatible? Have you used them with Playtex genie?
Sep 26, 2006
109 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
I personally have the diaper Genie. I got the ubbi initially thinking I'll save with the bags, it stunk, didn't like it at all

Diaper Genie has been great and I've got the refills off Amazon, the nursery ones.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11267 posts
1330 upvotes
I bought a diaper Genie elite for my wife and our first child because I wanted to make it as easy as possible for her when she was staying home alone with the little one. Turns out it wasn't really necessary at all, according to her. I would save your money and put it to something else.
May 12, 2012
82 posts
45 upvotes
BC
gizmokrap wrote: Have you guys had the smell linger in the bins? I assume the bags I put on aren't ripped but whenever I pull out the full bag, the smell lingers for a while.
Nope. Your baby is dropping bombs!
Apr 10, 2009
715 posts
123 upvotes
Grau18 wrote: Are they 100% compatible? Have you used them with Playtex genie?
They may be compatible, but nowhere near as smell controlling. Even with the regular bags you'll get some odour, especially if the contents have been collecting for a while.

I've tried 2 of the amazon ones and while they are scented and mask the odour for a while, it somehow still leaks out, even after tieing the bag for disposal. With the original refills, once it's tied shut, there's no leakage of smells.

It's either the bags or what I'm feeding my kids.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
6565 posts
2638 upvotes
FlyDud wrote: https://amzn.to/3cedOS4

Damn. OOS it seems.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9941 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
When changing diapers, should be wearing a mask to filter out the smells.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Oct 6, 2018
295 posts
338 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: I bought a diaper Genie elite for my wife and our first child because I wanted to make it as easy as possible for her when she was staying home alone with the little one. Turns out it wasn't really necessary at all, according to her. I would save your money and put it to something else.
What exactly did she do? Chuck it into the normal trash bins?