Expired Hot Deals

[Babies R Us] Playtex Diaper Genie Elite $34.97

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 4:34 pm
Sr. Member
Sep 8, 2006
860 posts
531 upvotes
Edmonton
Chipppy wrote: What exactly did she do? Chuck it into the normal trash bins?
We had a small garbage can with a lid in the laundry room with a removable pail that fits doggie poop bags. You can fit 5-6 urine diapers in each bag and we throw poop diapers into a box in the garage or use a poop bag for it so there is no smell in the room. No need to buy expensive diaper garbage can or bags either.
Member
Jan 13, 2012
362 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
gizmokrap wrote: Have you guys had the smell linger in the bins? I assume the bags I put on aren't ripped but whenever I pull out the full bag, the smell lingers for a while.
I bought a bunch of loose aquarium charcoal, and wrap it in paper towel, filling the upper cartridge holder as well as some in the bottom. Even on the warmest summer days I don’t have an issue, just replace the charcoal every couple of weeks or so. Its been a year and i still have half of a 25ish dollar tub of charcoal.
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2019
184 posts
554 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: I bought a bunch of loose aquarium charcoal, and wrap it in paper towel, filling the upper cartridge holder as well as some in the bottom. Even on the warmest summer days I don’t have an issue, just replace the charcoal every couple of weeks or so. Its been a year and i still have half of a 25ish dollar tub of charcoal.
Got a link for Amazon or wherever you bought it from?
Member
Jan 13, 2012
362 posts
381 upvotes
Vancouver
gizmokrap wrote: Got a link for Amazon or wherever you bought it from?
It was a big clear jug from Petsmart, but all I can find on their site right now is https://www.petsmart.com/fish/filters-a ... 16972.html It does look like they have buy two get one free though, so that should have you covered through at least one kid! Activated carbon is great at deodorizing anything though, you can throw some in a sock that you don't care about and leave it under your car seat as well for example.
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2019
184 posts
554 upvotes
chris5555 wrote: It was a big clear jug from Petsmart, but all I can find on their site right now is https://www.petsmart.com/fish/filters-a ... 16972.html It does look like they have buy two get one free though, so that should have you covered through at least one kid! Activated carbon is great at deodorizing anything though, you can throw some in a sock that you don't care about and leave it under your car seat as well for example.
Hmm it says the offer has expired but thanks for the reference.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3176 posts
535 upvotes
FlyDud wrote: https://amzn.to/3cedOS4

For anyone interested: Amazon has some third-party bags on a good sale today.
$30, regularly $50 for an 8x count

Edit: Good lord, that's a big image. Sorry for all the scrolling!
I've been using garbage bags from Dollarama in my diaper genie for 5 years (2 kids). 10 for $1.25. You just need one of those plastic rings and put the bag over. Way cheaper. https://babysizer.com/articles/do-it-yo ... e-bag-hack

Top