Scarborough, ON

Diaper Sale - Save on AppleCheeks Bamboo Full Time Kit

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$25 OFF
Expiry:
February 28, 2015
Diaper Sale - Save $25 on AppleCheeks Bamboo Full Time Kit at BabyJoy.ca - Canada's organic & natural baby store.

No Coupon Required. Offer ends February 28th, 2015.

Link: http://www.babyjoy.ca/product-p/acd510047.htm
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1587 posts
694 upvotes
Three days worth of diapers for $600??? What is this, the Holt Renfrew of baby stuff?
Mar 26, 2005
561 posts
233 upvotes
The cost of disposable diapers adds up quite quickly. If you buy cheaper diapers like pampers baby dry...you get about 156-174 diapers for size 3 (lots of babies stay In this size a while). On sale, this is $31-$35 and lasts maybe a month if you change average 5 diapers daily. (Sometimes you change waaay more). $600 will buy you maybe only 17 months of disposable diapers. Pull ups get expensive.

Cloth diapers can be reused a lot and for future kids. The sizes can be adjustable. It is very time consuming though to clean, and I've never tried them...they kind of intimidated me and I was too tired to even want to do more cleaning than I had to...
Jan 22, 2007
244 posts
255 upvotes
We did cloth diapers for the first two years of our little ones life. They do save money but not as much as you may expect because:

- You use a TON of hot water washing them. If you have a HE washer they never really ever seem to come clean and you have to prewash and use double rinse. They also need to be washed separately.
- You have to buy special soap (usually Rockin' Green) which is ~$20 a bag
- You'll probably need an ammonia bouncer (Funk Rock) from time to time which is another $15-$20
- You still end up buying small really expensive packs of diapers for when you go out because carrying soiled cloth diapers with you all day is super fun
- All the fun accessories you need like a diaper sprayer, wet bag, pail freshener, extra inserts, etc also add up.

That said, if you are going to cloth, Bum Genius which is a high quality brand can be found for $18-20 each online. This bundle is a ripoff.
Nov 12, 2012
710 posts
407 upvotes
Calgary
This deal is warm at best, my wife uses applecheeks diapers and 10-15% off discounts can be found quite regularly.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2571 posts
2010 upvotes
Clarington
I forget where I saw it but I read that reusable diapers are about on par for cost once you consider cost of water/soap/wear and tear of your machine. The article also stated that the amount of water and soap used limited the "green" factor (obviously it was still greener).

Anyone on a septic system would be insane to consider reusable diapers unless their system is severally oversized.
Jun 3, 2013
158 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah, agreed, $600 is a rip-off for reusable diapers. We picked up most of our reusable bamboo diapers of craigslist for a less than $50. Not to mention that most of them were in near brand new condition.