36 posts
52 upvotes
Hamilton

Baby Jogger City Select Stroller - select color $549.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
The Baby's Palace
The City Select Stroller with Moonlight color on sale. Online order available with free shipping within Ontario. Not sure if they have them in the stores.

This stroller is a quite popular modular choice. Its previous low price was 599.99 last November according to RFD search, although that one had more colors available.

The Onyx color is also on sale at $599.99:
https://www.thebabyspalace.com/shop/Spe ... 980826.htm
18 replies
Apr 25, 2012
983 posts
341 upvotes
For something which is selling for $700+.....you would think they would do a better job of posting pics from different angles or showing the diffferent configurations. I'll pass. Not impressed.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Apr 10, 2011
761 posts
599 upvotes
demzie wrote: For something which is selling for $700+.....you would think they would do a better job of posting pics from different angles or showing the diffferent configurations. I'll pass. Not impressed.
Just go on any other website to look at other pictures...it’s not hard.
Dec 16, 2017
86 posts
103 upvotes
Upvoted. I drove from Ottawa to Brampton to buy my stroller, car seat, and other stuff from there. Speak with the owner at the Brampton location. To note, he is from India and is great with his customers (did I forget to mention he is honest and straightforward?)
Last edited by zarkook on Sep 6th, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1150 posts
3129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
zarkook wrote: Upvoted. I drove from Ottawa to Brampton to buy my stroller, car seat, and other stuff from there. Speak with the owner at the Brampton location. To note, he is Indian and is great with his customers (did I forget to mention he is honest and straightforward?)
No need to mention he is “Indian”.
Dec 7, 2013
811 posts
737 upvotes
Quebec
After trying a few different strollers I would recommend Thule over Baby Jogger thb. You can get the Thule Urban Glide 2 for the same price.

Both our baby joggers are showing problems after only 6 months of use.
Dec 16, 2017
86 posts
103 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: No need to mention he is “Indian”.
Easy buddy, I'm saying this so that any RFDer know who to look for and to easily identify him. No racism or any BS here.
Jun 12, 2007
786 posts
398 upvotes
I got my eyeballs on the new Thule Spring. Nice and compact.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1150 posts
3129 upvotes
Calgary, AB
zarkook wrote: Easy buddy, I'm saying this so that any RFDer know who to look for and to easily identify him. No racism or any BS here.
Easy buddy, you said he was the owner, people can identify him by asking for the owner.
Sep 25, 2014
44 posts
30 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I would highly recommend going into a baby store and "test driving" the stroller there. I remember going in thinking I'd want a specific model, but ended up liking the Baby Jogger City MIni. A colleague recommended I try maneuvering with one hand because you'll need to more than you'd think - after three years, I'm thankful for her advice.
Jul 4, 2015
269 posts
129 upvotes
Edmonton
Got me all excited as I’m looking for a stroller to use when running. Turns out Baby Jogger is not intended for use when jogging...
Mar 15, 2005
661 posts
509 upvotes
I had an earlier iteration of this stroller circa 2012, and it was amazing.

It can handle baby click in carseats, but will grow with your kids with accessories like a stand platform in the back. It's great because 2 seats in a stadium seating configuration giving both kids a good view. One handed operation to open and close, and a brake that works well.

Seats can be reversed if the kids want to face each other or recline for a nap.

Fits through doors and narrow shopping isles much better than most other double strollers.

We sold ours for $450 after 5-6 years of operation.

If anyone who has more than one kid under the age of 4, this stroller is a must.
Jul 18, 2012
71 posts
35 upvotes
BRAMPTON
We bought our city mini jogger 12 years ago and the city mini double the next year from the Baby's Palace. I forgot how friendly and knowledgeable the dude was.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1603 posts
824 upvotes
Quebec
The City Select is built like a tank. We've been using it for 8 years with 4 kids, have taken it on trips around the USA, both in our car and on airplanes, and we've always been satisfied.

The only problem we had is that both the front wheels and glider board wheels started wobbling when walking fast after a few years. Baby Jogger replaced them for free (YMMV, but customer service was great). Highly recommended, especially if you plan on having a large family. But this is NOT a stroller made for jogging.