Boxing Day 2017 Deals

Top 30 Door Crashers (Dec 26 6am) (Ontario)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2018 4:59 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 7, 2009
210 posts
76 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: I had the same issue - I purchased the $88 TV (good enough for my kitchen wall) - no Alexa - they said it's excluded from the promo - yet nowhere in their advertising did they say anything about terms and conditions or a minimum purchase requirement.
I already sent their head office an email stating the aforementioned and that I was prepared to file a "Deceptive Advertising" complaint with the Competition Bureau of Canada should they not provide me with the Alexa.
If any of you who were also "scammed" want to send me a PM with your details, I will add them to the claim I am filing with the Competition Bureau of Canada.
I’m not even interested in that, just want to buy what they r offering, but stock is so LOW that its prolly less than 3!!! Which is ridiculos...
Jun 28, 2009
951 posts
525 upvotes
Had the same thing happen to me.

Was at the North York location at around 4:45 this morning. I ended up being 15 in line.

They too didn't mention the minimum amount to get the Echo, even though we had written down what we wanted to purchase.

Ended up getting the TV for $88. After it was handed to me, I asked for my Echo. The dude that handed the TV to me didn't know anything about it.

After being directed to 2 "managers", I was then told I had to purchase $1000 worth to get it.

Shady business and pure bait and switch.

I sent them a message on Facebook and also made a complaint with the BBB about their "free" giveaway.

I didn't even want the TV.. selling at cost ($113) if anyone wants
Oct 12, 2016
924 posts
267 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: I had the same issue - I purchased the $88 TV (good enough for my kitchen wall) - no Alexa - they said it's excluded from the promo - yet nowhere in their advertising did they say anything about terms and conditions or a minimum purchase requirement.
I already sent their head office an email stating the aforementioned and that I was prepared to file a "Deceptive Advertising" complaint with the Competition Bureau of Canada should they not provide me with the Alexa.
If any of you who were also "scammed" want to send me a PM with your details, I will add them to the claim I am filing with the Competition Bureau of Canada.
Mee too.
Went to lawrence n keneddy location
Though I was first n got what I want that cheap sofa.
But others are not not lucky like me..as per advertisement first 50 will get that sofa but what I know that I was the only who got it as I was first in line.
They are really dickhead
As they denied to honor Alexa n told me it's excludes door crasher products then I lost my mind and ask about bluetooth head phone first they denied but again I was shouting at the owner very loudly and he don't want other customers attentions so he gave me.
But they r really suckss..
many ppl behind me had number under 20 but they didn't get that sofa.
BTW did u get headphone. ?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3959 posts
1155 upvotes
How many people got the door crashers.....
NOBODY!!!
Jul 7, 2009
210 posts
76 upvotes
frendzpz wrote: Mee too.
Went to lawrence n keneddy location
Though I was first n got what I want that cheap sofa.
But others are not not lucky like me..as per advertisement first 50 will get that sofa but what I know that I was the only who got it as I was first in line.
They are really dickhead
As they denied to honor Alexa n told me it's excludes door crasher products then I lost my mind and ask about bluetooth head phone first they denied but again I was shouting at the owner very loudly and he don't want other customers attentions so he gave me.
But they r really suckss..
many ppl behind me had number under 20 but they didn't get that sofa.
BTW did u get headphone. ?
Was there too at LAWRENCE LOCATION.
Did they have the sofa at the store? Because they said NO MORE STOCK ON THE $98 SOFA, but can give me a $199 loveseat sofa... LOOKS IDENTICAL TO THE $98 SOFA..

Was ok with it and was gonna buy it, put it in my truck n go home, then they said, they dont have the sofa at the store, only at the warehouse and can ship for $50.
So now $199+$50 shipping.

Was ok with it then the sales guy want me to get a WARRANTY!!! For a **** sofa!!!

I didn’t budge then a couple of mins later, this sofa is also OUT OF STOCK...

And the salespeople and the person at the front handling the line are like u said, SO RUDE, thats not customer service...

FIRST AND LAST TIME GOING TO CRAPBOY...

Went to LEONS afterwards and bought something even better!!!
Jan 12, 2005
876 posts
54 upvotes
r_pnoyflip_d wrote: Was there too at LAWRENCE LOCATION.
Did they have the sofa at the store? Because they said NO MORE STOCK ON THE $98 SOFA, but can give me a $199 loveseat sofa... LOOKS IDENTICAL TO THE $98 SOFA..

Was ok with it and was gonna buy it, put it in my truck n go home, then they said, they dont have the sofa at the store, only at the warehouse and can ship for $50.

Was ok with it then the sales guy want me to get a WARRANTY!!! For a **** sofa!!!

Appliance retailing (like most retail in Canada) are all scams my friend. No deals ever to be had; just the usual inflated prices and out of stock deals.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4529 posts
16895 upvotes
TORONTO
metro wrote: Appliance retailing (like most retail in Canada) are all scams my friend. No deals ever to be had; just the usual inflated prices and out of stock deals.
This is such a weak defense for the shady tactics of Badboy. HillaryToo!

Glad I didnt fall for this.
Oct 12, 2016
924 posts
267 upvotes

And the salespeople and the person at the front handling the line are like u said, SO RUDE, thats not customer service...

did u came with in black pick up truck with ur friendÉ
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1376 posts
1302 upvotes
This thread is hilarious. What is a $100 sofa made of? Cardboard?
Oct 7, 2017
4 posts
brick had same bait and switch. Hardly any 499 recliner, but ready to upsell to models double the price.
Dec 24, 2011
93 posts
26 upvotes

Chill out man, you sound like you've been to The Brick or something
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2948 posts
847 upvotes
I am so glad I ditched these guys and Brick... nothing but unhappy stories.
Jun 28, 2009
951 posts
525 upvotes
Just wanted to update you with my situation, if you are still having issues with yours.

After sending them a message via Facebook messenger and leaving them a bad review on Google, I got an immediate response from them.

Tony B (416 667 7550) called me asking what they can do to make things right. I had asked him to provide me with what was advertised, which was the Amazon Alexa. He said he would provide.

It took about a week but I finally picked one up today. Its not the Amazon Echo (to be honest the one pictured was not an Echo), but a Sylvania Bluetooth speaker that can connect to your Amazon account and with built in Alexa.

It does work well and my Alexa app does recognize it.

Again, if you are still interested to resolve your Bad Boy experience (if not already resolved) send them a message.

Good luck
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6450 posts
2844 upvotes
jceezy23 wrote: Just wanted to update you with my situation, if you are still having issues with yours.

After sending them a message via Facebook messenger and leaving them a bad review on Google, I got an immediate response from them.

Tony B (416 667 7550) called me asking what they can do to make things right. I had asked him to provide me with what was advertised, which was the Amazon Alexa. He said he would provide.

It took about a week but I finally picked one up today. Its not the Amazon Echo (to be honest the one pictured was not an Echo), but a Sylvania Bluetooth speaker that can connect to your Amazon account and with built in Alexa.

Again, if you are still interested to resolve your Bad Boy experience (if not already resolved) send them a message.

Good luck
Same for me - I filed a complaint with BBB + a complaint with Competition Bureau of Canada (waste of time - I got a response that they would keep my info on file should they wish to pursue a case in the future) + I emailed Ellen Roseman at the Toronto Star + I sent a nasty email to BadBoy Customer Service (which got me a generic response that since they gave me a $10 set of Bluetooth Headphones and gifts were limited to one per customer, I was disqualified from receiving the Alexa speaker - to which I replied that the headphones were given to me when they refused to give me the Alexa and that I'd be happy to bring them back).

Personally I think what got me the Alexa was Ellen Roseman forwarding my email to her Bad Boy contact.

Regardless, I picked up my speaker and they didn't ask for the Bluetooth headphones back either.

BadBoy is off my Black Friday/Boxing Day shopping list - their flyer will be going straight into my recycle bin along with the Crappy Tire flyer.
Oct 12, 2016
924 posts
267 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: Same for me - I filed a complaint with BBB + a complaint with Competition Bureau of Canada (waste of time - I got a response that they would keep my info on file should they wish to pursue a case in the future) + I emailed Ellen Roseman at the Toronto Star + I sent a nasty email to BadBoy Customer Service (which got me a generic response that since they gave me a $10 set of Bluetooth Headphones and gifts were limited to one per customer, I was disqualified from receiving the Alexa speaker - to which I replied that the headphones were given to me when they refused to give me the Alexa and that I'd be happy to bring them back).

Personally I think what got me the Alexa was Ellen Roseman forwarding my email to her Bad Boy contact.

Regardless, I picked up my speaker and they didn't ask for the Bluetooth headphones back either.

BadBoy is off my Black Friday/Boxing Day shopping list - their flyer will be going straight into my recycle bin along with the Crappy Tire flyer.
SO THERE WAS NO AMAZON ALEXA?WAS SOMETHING ELSE?
HOW ABOUT BLUETOOTH HEASPHONE?ARE THEY GENERIC?
Oct 12, 2016
924 posts
267 upvotes
jceezy23 wrote: Just wanted to update you with my situation, if you are still having issues with yours.

Good luck
SO THERE WAS NO AMAZON ALEXA?WAS SOMETHING ELSE?
HOW ABOUT BLUETOOTH HEASPHONE?ARE THEY GENERIC?