• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2009 2:38 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2008
1347 posts
139 upvotes
Man wth is wrong with ppl hating on OP. he was just telling them about the price difference, plus u kno eye glasses are ONLY marked up like 1000% (probably more), he doesnt deserve to get treated the way he did. DO you all work at Pmall or sumthing like u are used to bad service or get treated like ****? Its not like he walked in for a PM. yea obvuiosly pmall don't care about customer service but that was a little beyond BAD customer experince (or your avg customer service at pmall).
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2741 posts
39 upvotes
toronto
Actually, I can also contribute to this thread about Goodeyes (by no means sabotaging their business, this is by experience).

When I was looking for a pair of sunglasses about 3-4 weeks ago, I wanted this model that they had on display and I was about to make a deposit for a hold. For some reason I didn't make the deposit and waited for a week to pass. Finally decided to get that same model, they said it's already been sold. The person whom I spoke with over the phone wasn't courteous at all and even told me if I wanted to order that frame again it would take a month (when in reality it's only 3 business days or less).

oh well, it's the reason why I went with Noble eyes instead.

PS
I'll go back for that chic when I have time. I can't get over her.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1793 posts
41 upvotes
aingaran wrote: That's what I was wondering. If you want customer service, don't go to Pacific Mall. If you want a decent deal (not as many/much as years ago) go to Pacific Mall.
+100

There is no such thing as customer service at Pacific Mall !
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2002
3178 posts
423 upvotes
user01 wrote: I buy my glasses at Pmall, the store which owned by Michael Miu! :razz:
You know he has sold his business few yrs ago already, don't you?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
tomtomtom wrote: If i understand your situation correctly, you went to the saleslady and ask for the price of the Coach sunglasses. She told you, it is 348. Subsequently, you told her Coach store is selling it for 148.

Dude, you were first inquiring the price, THEN you tell them other store is cheaper. How do you expect them to respond to your comment?
As a fellow RFDer, OP was probably trying to price match it but got shot down. I don't blame OP for trying. Thanks for carrying the RFD spirit! =) I'm proud of you.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1347 posts
6 upvotes
bobbings wrote: As a fellow RFDer, OP was probably trying to price match it but got shot down. I don't blame OP for trying. Thanks for carrying the RFD spirit! =) I'm proud of you.
actually no, I wasnt even trying. Thanks for pointing it out though.
My girlfriend knows a friend at Coach and got 50% off of 148, so thats $74 plus tax.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
vincent-poon wrote: actually no, I wasnt even trying. Thanks for pointing it out though.
My girlfriend knows a friend at Coach and got 50% off of 148, so thats $74 plus tax.
then what was the point?

you go into a store with no intention to buy, you ask for the price of something you have no intention to buy, then you tell the store its cheaper at store XXYY.

why did you bother to go in or what was the point of telling them about price at another retailer when you never intended to buy :confused:

too much time?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1347 posts
6 upvotes
gilboman wrote: then what was the point?

you go into a store with no intention to buy, you ask for the price of something you have no intention to buy, then you tell the store its cheaper at store XXYY.

why did you bother to go in or what was the point of telling them about price at another retailer when you never intended to buy :confused:

too much time?
First off, I did not know the price until i asked her about it. So I didnt go in and start challenging her about the price. I only told her about the coach store after she told me it was $348. THEN I asked her why it was so much. How do u know I wasnt intending on buying it?
Maybe you have too much money to buy everything u see the first time around, but I sure dont.
Good on you buddy.
Mar 27, 2005
532 posts
5 upvotes
vincent-poon wrote: First off, I did not know the price until i asked her about it. So I didnt go in and start challenging her about the price. I only told her about the coach store after she told me it was $348. THEN I asked her why it was so much. How do u know I wasnt intending on buying it?
Maybe you have too much money to buy everything u see the first time around, but I sure dont.
Good on you buddy.
You could have just walked off already once she told you its $348 since you won't even buy it at $14x as your gf will get it for $7x anyways. You are telling us you have intention to buy at $3xx? This thread failed and you just want to show off that you can get them for cheap.

Just to let you know, all those plastic frames probably cost less than 10 bucks to manufacture in China and most of us just get them for free from insurance anyways. Btw, Coach is really a low class brand.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1347 posts
6 upvotes
King James wrote: You could have just walked off already once she told you its $348 since you won't even buy it at $14x as your gf will get it for $7x anyways. You are telling us you have intention to buy at $3xx? This thread failed and you just want to show off that you can get them for cheap.

Just to let you know, all those plastic frames probably cost less than 10 bucks to manufacture in China and most of us just get them for free from insurance anyways. Btw, Coach is really a low class brand.
hahahaha, show off?
yes, thats what I wanted to do. Oh no, now my true intention is discovered.

I swear, all of you (except the few who thinks on the same page as I do) are either all working at pmall, or believes customers should be treated like crap.
I wish you all happy shopping experiences in the future.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5920 posts
51 upvotes
GT-eh
kareshi wrote: You know he has sold his business few yrs ago already, don't you?
Oh really? Last time I bought my glasses was during 2004-2005 then afterward I just got my contact lenses and I haven't visit them for a long time.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12141 posts
2760 upvotes
Guelph
OP you are ridiculous. After you found out the price, why did you tell them the price you found at the Coach store when the difference is SO HUGE. Anyone with any decent math skills would realize that haggling to even match that price would be impossible!

You have to be fair in this situation. Given the huge price discrepancy, and you asking her why its so expensive, what should she say back, given that the customer in front of her is challenging her prices. For all we know, you were totally rude and she just responded to it.

And then for more icing, you have access to a discount to make it even cheaper at the Coach store!!! You should be happy that your gf got it so cheap and that maybe be glad that you didnt buy it at PMALL and get ripped off so much. Geeze.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3517 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
lol...to the OP, don't u know that pmall has a so called "50%" off sale every single freaking weekend...they advertise as if it's only for that particular weekend in the summer but if u go back a few weekends later u'll see the same sign in the same spot...so lets say 348 was it? so 50% off is like 174 and then u can haggle from there to match the coach store price...lol...they try to make u think that ur getting a deal...