• Dec 22nd, 2019 9:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8800 posts
1854 upvotes
London

Bad experience with Roots

Went to Roots at Mansonville mall in London at around 7pm today. A shirt that I am looking at that does not have my size at this store, so I asked a very young employee and was told by him that they don't have my size and told me to go to another store that according to him is only 5 minutes away (which it is about 15), I asked if he could call that store to make sure if they have my size, he told me they should have and unwilling to call the store for me. I left the store but decided to go back in and asked another employee if I could talk to the manager and was told that boy was the manager. I then asked him I wanted to file a complaint and was told to go to some web site to file and then I asked him what is his name and he ignored me and gave me a website address that is not valid when I went home to try to file a complaint.

Anyway, long story short, any one knows where I can file a complaint. TIA
13 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14168 posts
14767 upvotes
Oakville
apvm wrote: Went to Roots at Mansonville mall in London at around 7pm today. A shirt that I am looking at that does not have my size at this store, so I asked a very young employee and was told by him that they don't have my size and told me to go to another store that according to him is only 5 minutes away (which it is about 15), I asked if he could call that store to make sure if they have my size, he told me they should have and unwilling to call the store for me. I left the store but decided to go back in and asked another employee if I could talk to the manager and was told that boy was the manager. I then asked him I wanted to file a complaint and was told to go to some web site to file and then I asked him what is his name and he ignored me and gave me a website address that is not valid when I went home to try to file a complaint.

Literally the first thing that came up in google search.
https://www.roots.com/on/demandware.sto ... rvice-Show
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1084 posts
1358 upvotes
Clearly the OP has never worked retail before if he/she thinks this is complaint worthy. It's Christmas, the busiest shopping season of the entire year - I think it's certainly understandable if a manager had better things to do.

Should the person double checked for you? Sure. But seems like you get your feelings hurt quite easily... just call the other store yourself next time and save yourself some stress.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
13165 posts
10398 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
FYI... I think you have a valid complaint
BUT ... you’ll get farther with this complaint (and in life) if you drop the AGEISM & SEXISM in your post
(Ie ... very young & boy )
Definitely came off as condescending the way you wrote it
And not business professional

It should have read:
apvm wrote: Went to Roots at Mansonville mall in London at around 7pm today. A shirt that I am looking at that does not have my size at this store, so I asked an employee and was told by him that they don't have my size and told me to go to another store that according to him is only 5 minutes away (which it is about 15), I asked if he could call that store to make sure if they have my size, he told me they should have and unwilling to call the store for me. I left the store but decided to go back in and asked another employee if I could talk to the manager and was told the person that I had been talking with was the manager. I then asked him I wanted to file a complaint and was told to go to some web site to file and then I asked him what is his name and he ignored me and gave me a website address that is not valid when I went home to try to file a complaint.

Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1115 posts
283 upvotes
London
Phonophoresis wrote: Clearly the OP has never worked retail before if he/she thinks this is complaint worthy. It's Christmas, the busiest shopping season of the entire year - I think it's certainly understandable if a manager had better things to do.

Should the person double checked for you? Sure. But seems like you get your feelings hurt quite easily... just call the other store yourself next time and save yourself some stress.
But the entitlement!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8800 posts
1854 upvotes
London
Phonophoresis wrote: Clearly the OP has never worked retail before if he/she thinks this is complaint worthy. It's Christmas, the busiest shopping season of the entire year - I think it's certainly understandable if a manager had better things to do.

There were 4 workers and 4 customers in the store including me and my wife. Not busy at all. You were not there, he just told me where the other store is and told me exactly what you said. " go call the store yourself, I don't know the number, you can use your phone to check with Mall wifi if you don't have data" I suppose my feelings hurt quite easily with this gentle answer. Thank you very much.

PS, by the way the 4 workers and the manager are all new face, not the usual workers and manager there.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
12831 posts
7777 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
#FirstWorldProblems

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
12670 posts
6583 upvotes
Toronto
OP wants to make a complaint yet can’t pick up the phone to do so.
21B8D397-BF58-4A10-8862-E64FCC513837.jpeg
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13090 posts
2420 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Look, OP does have a point. Majority of retail workers and call center CSR reps are horrid and atrocious. Most GenZ'ers give useless lack of product knowledge these days and tend not to give a rats azz when asked. Just ask any1 who has dealt with Robbers or Bhell. However, OP could of called the store while still there by doing a simple google search. Hell you dont even have to know the number. Most major stores/locations have a fone icon on the mobile net. Just click it and dials automatically. Not every1 is like MEC/marks where they will dial and locate national inventory in the system while you wait.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2019
1900 posts
18334 upvotes
apvm wrote: Went to Roots at Mansonville mall in London at around 7pm today. A shirt that I am looking at that does not have my size at this store, so I asked a very young employee and was told by him that they don't have my size and told me to go to another store that according to him is only 5 minutes away (which it is about 15), I asked if he could call that store to make sure if they have my size, he told me they should have and unwilling to call the store for me. I left the store but decided to go back in and asked another employee if I could talk to the manager and was told that boy was the manager. I then asked him I wanted to file a complaint and was told to go to some web site to file and then I asked him what is his name and he ignored me and gave me a website address that is not valid when I went home to try to file a complaint.

It’s 22 minutes to White Oaks Mall and 10 minutes to the Roots on Hyde Rd in London.

Neither the 5 minutes the employee stated, but also not the 15 you implied.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
12827 posts
2081 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Leave a review on yelp and/or google.
De gustibus non est disputandum
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 23, 2004
8800 posts
1854 upvotes
London
Their face book replied me with an email address and phone number for me to complaint, received an reply from them, they gave me a $50 gift card and apologized. Thanks to all who replied to this thread.
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
13165 posts
10398 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
apvm wrote: Their face book replied me with an email address and phone number for me to complaint, received an reply from them, they gave me a $50 gift card and apologized. Thanks to all who replied to this thread.
Class Act

2 Thumbs Up to Roots!

Happy ... cuz I been a fan / Customer for decades