• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2007 2:32 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Nov 20, 2005
196 posts

BAD SELLER: Superman-01 (Brian)

Just a heads up to all the honest RFD Traders. I know i am a noob, doesn't make it excuseable.

DO NOT TRADE / BUY / SELL, WITH / TO / FROM SUPERMAN-01! (Brian)

Link to the original post:
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=384425

I Pm'd superman-01 about a videocard he had for sale and left my phone number. He called me later on that night and we arranged to meet the same night. We exchanged many phone calls back and forth between this time and on the way, i had no problem contacting him.

We met up, everything appeared to be in good shape. I paid him for the card, he told me to CALL HIM if i had any problems.

I took the card directly home, installed it the fan was making a horrible noise and within a minute or so completely died (the fan). I called the seller (within an hour after meeting him) and he picked up and hung up on me. I sent him a PM notifying him of the problem and went to bed with a bad feeling in my stomach.

Next day i called him at all different times from different phone numbers, once he heard it was me would hang up. His response to the PM was that it was working when he pulled it out, and that i should RMA it. RMA a card that i bought because it was convenient and advertised in working condition?

In almost every single PM i sent him, i asked him to contact me, left my phone number and name. He said he did not want to talk on the phone because he would get mad. What was there to get mad about? He admittedly said he was ignoring / blocking my calls.

In the end the seller REFUSED to take back the card, and also refused to pay for the new heatsink and fan required. He informed me that he should not even give me **** because i posted this publicly after i was unable to contact him by phone, and he was online, read a pm and did not respond to it. I ended up being forced to take a partial amount of the heatsink and fan which was not acceptable and he knows this.

He let me know in pm's that he did not care about his rep (I don't give a **** about my rep)

I have posted negative heatware for him

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=30575

Turtletrax has also had pretty much the same problem with this user, so it seems that it is a trend with him.

Why does RFD need users like this that don't care about their rep or the items they sell or the people they sell them to.

I recommend he be removed / banned from the forum to protect future users from having the same problems.

I have contacted a MOD but have not heard back yet, maybe the mod who closed the FS thread could contact me please?

Anyhow, thanks for reading this post and have a Happy New Years!
33 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2004
2588 posts
12 upvotes
haha you ****. you talk all this **** after u agreed on the 25$ refund. you act like a little ***** when sending me pms. sayign good night to me and ****? lol

you shouldnt leave out the details in the story. buts its okay cuzi have pms. but i wont show them cuz ur just a kid. cry me a river
currently in toronto
Banned
Nov 20, 2005
196 posts
This is the 9yo mentality i was talking about.

*He edit'd the F bomb out of the title, but you get the idea*
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=386625

Hopefully this can speed up the process.

Also when your mentality reaches the adult stage, being a little ***** is often referred to as being professional and polite to help smooth out difficult situations.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2005
1831 posts
Millet
Ok, here is another exalmple of SUPERMAN-01 screwing noobs...

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... UPERMAN-01

After all that he would not step-up and pay what he owed. He whined and whined untill I was so sick of his BS story I agreed on 75% of what I was owed, which he paid and prolly laughed his ass of at me. And at the end of that thread he says that it was two weeks that it went on. Bull...., it was 5 weeks. I have grown as a trader allot since that happend. And now he would have not gotten off so easy. I guess that is why I was so disgusted by him this go around. He is a total rubberneck.

The seller has NO backbone and NO respect. I advise anyone (especcially noobs) not to trade with him. I think things like this that are not complete train wrecks, or huge scams, should still be under a zero tolerance rule here. Seems like you have to get bent over once before you really know how to trade. If guys like this werent allowed to gouge and screw little by little, allot of noobs would be able to avoid the hassle of the first screwing.

And to you SUPERLOSER-01, you know you screw poeple and you just dont have the water in your balls to admit it. Hope you have a crappy new year.

Good job TAL. you are helping his next victim with less that 20 posts.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Brian has gone far enough. We had a crosstrade deal, some months ago. He shipped me a defective 9800, and he didn't even trouble himself to put it in an anti-stat bag, or even any foam, he just threw it in a box with a CPU.

Fortunately, he hadn't picked up my parcel yet, and I was able to have CP ship it back to me. I had hoped he learned his lesson, but apparently not.

+1 for SUPERMAN-01 on everyone's DNT list.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2002
6849 posts
14 upvotes
JAC wrote: Brian has gone far enough. We had a crosstrade deal, some months ago. He shipped me a defective 9800, and he didn't even trouble himself to put it in an anti-stat bag, or even any foam, he just threw it in a box with a CPU.

Fortunately, he hadn't picked up my parcel yet, and I was able to have CP ship it back to me. I had hoped he learned his lesson, but apparently not.

+1 for SUPERMAN-01 on everyone's DNT list.
He'd probably argue that it was working before it shipped!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Banned
Nov 20, 2005
196 posts
So thats 3 now. How many people does it take to get screwed before this guy is no longer allowed to post and trade here?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2005
1831 posts
Millet
I am also noticing another trend. SUPERMAN-01 will never return what he owes on his crap trades. He will screw you, get busted, swear, piss and moan, then will never live up to what he really owes. He will wear you down with excuses untill just hearing his name makes you want to turn your computer off.

My deal he got me out of $25 and TAL got ripped $10. I know it is not allot of money, but in my opinion he should pay more for your trouble, not less.

I just really hope more people than the ones that DNT'ed him publically in this thread have done it too.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Another dead beat added to my do not trade list.

Good to know, thanks OP.
May 10, 2005
900 posts
5 upvotes
Alberta
SUPERMAN-01 wrote: haha you ****. you talk all this **** after u agreed on the 25$ refund. you act like a little ***** when sending me pms. sayign good night to me and ****? lol

you shouldnt leave out the details in the story. buts its okay cuzi have pms. but i wont show them cuz ur just a kid. cry me a river
Man, you're calling him a "kid" when you type like you flunked out of a special ed course?

Yeah. I wonder who's more believable in this thread. :rolleyes:
Banned
Nov 20, 2005
196 posts
i've pm'd 2 mods and not received a response from either, so i don't know.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Gonna show you what probably 90% of people do when they come to such a thread.

Although someother time I'll read this more carefully....

Most of us come upon a thread., realize the thread Write-up is too long., so we note who's being mentioned., SUPERMAN-01/Brian., and then see if the person is a n00b or not., and if they have HEAT. I clicked on HEAT and saw that Brian has FIFTY-SIX evals......now curiosity alone beckons me to find out WHAT COMPELS such a user to flaunt their reputation...but of course I notice antoher 2 Negatives???? WHY ???? Why would you screw up 3 times?

Moreover....after how many negatives (even if the user still has positivies coming in....) do you ignore positives, and just consider trader to be trouble?

How Many negatives are excusable?
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28753 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
oh yes, kindly vote and bump in my SCAMMER THREAD linked in siggy.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2005
3917 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
HughG wrote: so why is this guy still trading ?
Seems the mods are only focusing all their energy on keeping 3rd party bumps out of the ps3/wii scalper threads.
Banned
Aug 19, 2005
3661 posts
4 upvotes
HughG wrote: well honestly another do not trade list for me.

thanks

good luck
-
Is that list an option in our profiles? I also want to add this guy to my DO NOT trade blacklist to save headaches in the future.
-