• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2018 2:40 am
[OP]
Oct 11, 2007
329 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto

Bahia resorts in Punta Cana

Has anyone been to any of the Bahia resorts in Punta Cana? How is the resort? I have two kids and looking to book a trip to the Fantasia but holding out to see if i can find a better deal.
Don't know how often these all inclusives go on sale or how much i should be paying.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2664 posts
1897 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
kwanman wrote: Has anyone been to any of the Bahia resorts in Punta Cana? How is the resort? I have two kids and looking to book a trip to the Fantasia but holding out to see if i can find a better deal.
Don't know how often these all inclusives go on sale or how much i should be paying.
I would say the Fantasia is the best option of all the Bahia Principes. Just keep in mind Fantasia is not directly on the beach and is still part of the larger complex consisting of thousands of rooms.

When are you planning on travelling? That makes a difference
Oct 10, 2010
513 posts
406 upvotes
Been to their Luxury Bahia. It was expensive as its an adult only one. We did eat at Grand Bahia and the food was same (just more deserts at Luxury option). No major complaints except the beaches which aren't really blue/nice.

I would suggest becoming their member (via site) and compare prices
[OP]
Oct 11, 2007
329 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
BrunetteGirl wrote: I would say the Fantasia is the best option of all the Bahia Principes. Just keep in mind Fantasia is not directly on the beach and is still part of the larger complex consisting of thousands of rooms.

When are you planning on travelling? That makes a difference
Was hoping end of May or 1st week of June. Prices range between 4000-4500.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2664 posts
1897 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
kwanman wrote: Was hoping end of May or 1st week of June. Prices range between 4000-4500.
It's possible it could go down a bit.

The Bahia's rely heavily on groups/weddings during that time period. The Fantasia being the most sought after family resort on the complex.

PM me if you would like to be put in touch with someone (a friend) who has a great deal of experience with that property (she is an agent for a major OTA). I know she was at the grand opening of the Fantasia as I was there too (I'm not an agent though- I'm a buyer).
[OP]
Oct 11, 2007
329 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
BrunetteGirl wrote: It's possible it could go down a bit.

The Bahia's rely heavily on groups/weddings during that time period. The Fantasia being the most sought after family resort on the complex.

PM me if you would like to be put in touch with someone (a friend) who has a great deal of experience with that property (she is an agent for a major OTA). I know she was at the grand opening of the Fantasia as I was there too (I'm not an agent though- I'm a buyer).
PM sent . thanks again!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9150 posts
6342 upvotes
Toronto
I've stayed at the Esmeralda 4 times and the Ambar once. They were both phenomenal and easily the best carribean resorts I've ever been to. The Esmeralda is a tad newer and nicer than the others but I preferred the Ambar becuase it was adults only. Having no kids around was a huge plus for us but the Esmeralda is perfect for families traveling with kids.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
3150 posts
765 upvotes
Ancaster
ReeGee wrote: I've stayed at the Esmeralda 4 times and the Ambar once. They were both phenomenal and easily the best carribean resorts I've ever been to. The Esmeralda is a tad newer and nicer than the others but I preferred the Ambar becuase it was adults only. Having no kids around was a huge plus for us but the Esmeralda is perfect for families traveling with kids.
I agree on Esmeralda being a great spot, The Bahia Principe is one of the best bang for buck all inclusive resorts going.

The downside of the Punta Cana Bahia complex is it's size when compared to the amount of beach space they actually have. It's tiny for such a massive resort. The Barceló & Iberostar chains have much larger beachfronts when compared to the size of the resort.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9150 posts
6342 upvotes
Toronto
nielboy wrote: I agree on Esmeralda being a great spot, The Bahia Principe is one of the best bang for buck all inclusive resorts going.

The downside of the Punta Cana Bahia complex is it's size when compared to the amount of beach space they actually have. It's tiny for such a massive resort. The Barceló & Iberostar chains have much larger beachfronts when compared to the size of the resort.
The complex is huge but the beach space was never an issue the times I've stayed there. There were always lots of free beach chairs, never felt too crowded and the Esmeralda also had its own private beach space off limits to the other guests though we never really used it. I've never been during "high" season though so I imagine it's more crowded then but whenever I went in late spring and early fall it was fine.

I just realized the Fantasia and Ambar green are new and weren't open yet when I was last there in 2014-2015 so perhaps these 2 additions have made things more crowded in recent years.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1559 posts
586 upvotes
Toronto
Is Fantasia the one for kids and families?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2664 posts
1897 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
michiebaby wrote: Is Fantasia the one for kids and families?
They are all kid/family oriented with the exception of the Ambar (Blue & Green)

Fantasia is the one with Disney looking castle by the pool + water park