[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1379 posts
381 upvotes
Toronto

Bali (DPS) to Nusa Dua - which taxi?

Has anyone flown to bali to Nusa Dua.

I will be flying to Bali in few days. I read the uber is banned.

Is there anyway I can find legit taxi? Does anyone have private taxi person you can recommend?

I read it's been controlled by taxi mafia and they over charge you.
5 replies
May 11, 2008
802 posts
351 upvotes
Vancouver
Uber apparently doesn't exist in southeast asia anymore.
They sold off their entire business including Uber Eats.

I've heard Bluebird is good but I just decided on hiring a private transport when I was there.
He was great, was able to drive me around to different sites the next day.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2017
5658 posts
2495 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Use Grab to get taxi.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
6237 posts
2968 upvotes
aznrsx1979 wrote: Uber apparently doesn't exist in southeast asia anymore.
They sold off their entire business including Uber Eats.

I've heard Bluebird is good but I just decided on hiring a private transport when I was there.
He was great, was able to drive me around to different sites the next day.
I'll second the Bluebird angle but be careful because other cabs have started imitating them in terms of car colours and logos so as to confuse customers. IOW, make sure that it's a real Bluebird cab.

Arrival at the airport in Bali is a zoo inside and out. Cab & transportation companies are loud and aggressive trying to get your business. They will quote fixed pricing to your destination which is likely to be high. Last time we were there we used Uber (had to go to the departures area to get one) but, as noted, that's no longer an option because Uber is gone. And, yes, the taxi drivers were pretty militant about Uber to the point of attacking drivers. Not a pretty picture.

I would suggest pre-arranging a driver to meet you. Could probably have that done through your accommodations but that might come at a premium so check TripAdvisor, among others, to seek out recommendations.
May 11, 2008
802 posts
351 upvotes
Vancouver
Conquistador wrote: If I remember correctly, they do have an app so that'll probably be an option first if they're wanting to use Bluebird
Even my last time in Bali, I remember seeing taxi's that had very similar colours and logos
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1805 posts
1328 upvotes
GTA West
ysl5710 wrote: Has anyone flown to bali to Nusa Dua.

I will be flying to Bali in few days. I read the uber is banned.

Is there anyway I can find legit taxi? Does anyone have private taxi person you can recommend?

I read it's been controlled by taxi mafia and they over charge you.
The Bali forum on TripAdvisor is probably a better place to get answers on this particular topic.