Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1766 posts
857 upvotes

Bali Suggestions

I'm going to be heading to Bali in a few weeks. I'll arrive from Singapore at ~8am on Monday and depart ~8am the following Sunday - So 6 basically full days. I was thinking of renting a (tiny) car to get around but I am still unsure if I will. I have rented motor bikes in vietnam and Thailand so I am used to the craziness of driving. The reason I'd get a car is just because there is 2 of us so it seems a bit easier.

Looking for possible suggestions or itinerary to get the best out of it in the small amount of time we have. We like to relax with not overly touristy beaches if possible. A day of partying is ok but not the whole time. Also, not interested in paying something crazy like 300$ a night for a private beach. We are used to travelling very light and with the basics as long as the areas are beautiful. I've done without AC and without even hot water in some places with an amazing by the beach hut or bungalow but obviously i'd prefer both hehe.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1970 posts
858 upvotes
HK
Bali is one of my favorite places to go to.

I don't have much tips, since my experiences were different from what you are looking for and stayed at the Fairmont, W, and Conrad. But it looks like foreigners like Kuta since it is cheap (like Phuket) and has plenty of hostels and western food/shopping malls. Getting around in a car is much more easier since the roads are narrow.

If you want a good party scene (higher-end), check out Ku De Ta near Seminyak.

Good luck and have fun!
Jan 20, 2015
44 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'll also be headed to Bali in a few weeks. Amongst other things, spending 4 days in Ubud. Any recommendations? I was thinking of hiking the Campuhan Ridge, but looking for other things to do in the area.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1970 posts
858 upvotes
HK
Oops I meant to say Bike, and not car.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1766 posts
857 upvotes
McKinsey wrote: Bali is one of my favorite places to go to.

I don't have much tips, since my experiences were different from what you are looking for and stayed at the Fairmont, W, and Conrad. But it looks like foreigners like Kuta since it is cheap (like Phuket) and has plenty of hostels and western food/shopping malls. Getting around in a car is much more easier since the roads are narrow.

If you want a good party scene (higher-end), check out Ku De Ta near Seminyak.

Good luck and have fun!
Different places to stay but any suggestions on things to see? What are your favourite parts?