Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Banana Republic

Banana Republic Silk/Cashmere Long Sleeve V-Neck Sweater $9.99 (In Store Only, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2019 9:44 pm
Jul 11, 2013
301 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto

Banana Republic Silk/Cashmere Long Sleeve V-Neck Sweater $9.99 (In Store Only, YMMV)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Banana Republic
Clearance pricing on Banana Republic's Silk Cotton Cashmere Varsity Sweater for men.

The sweater is priced online at $23.99 for the light gray and $46.99 for the blue. The BR store at the Eaton Center in Toronto has the navy blue sweater at $9.99 and the light gray one at $15.97. Picked up a Medium in each color during lunch. Still had a bunch of size L left, but one or two size M. Since it appears to be an in-store price, the deal is likely YMMV.
Images
  • 20190820_151150.jpg
16 replies
Feb 19, 2019
173 posts
310 upvotes
Are these from Banana Republic or Banana Republic Factory Store? Those discount stickers look like factory store ones
Aug 11, 2010
36 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
simplealgebra wrote: Are these from Banana Republic or Banana Republic Factory Store? Those discount stickers look like factory store ones
what is the difference Black Question Mark Ornament
Jul 21, 2015
297 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto, ON
simplealgebra wrote: Are these from Banana Republic or Banana Republic Factory Store? Those discount stickers look like factory store ones
The Eaton center store OP mentions is normal, not factory, though I haven’t yet checked in a store myself.
Aug 20, 2019
1 posts
They likely ran out of markdown tape, and was forced to use a printer to print out the price tags. That's why the stickers look the way they do in the picture.
Feb 19, 2019
173 posts
310 upvotes
amadeo wrote: what is the difference Black Question Mark Ornament
They actually have different lines of clothing. Factory store tends to be cheaper made and less expensive
Jun 11, 2009
20 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
simplealgebra wrote: They actually have different lines of clothing. Factory store tends to be cheaper made and less expensive
It's apparently a common tactic to create a line of cheaper made products specifically for the outlet stores. Some clothes will be the older stuff from the main stores that they didn't sell or whatnot, but some are made specifically for sale at the 'cheaper prices'. I noticed kate spade does this a lot.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
Good deal, wish I saw it yesterday. Thanks OP
Sep 16, 2011
44 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
It's not factory, the Factory line has 3 dots on the label
Jul 14, 2017
57 posts
21 upvotes
My friend checked Eaton Centre for me and it's sold out. Yorkville still has some sweaters left.
Nov 27, 2011
565 posts
267 upvotes
Same price at Ottawa Rideau Center, bought one of each. There were still more Larges left.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7827 posts
9141 upvotes
Vancouver
dchan.alternative wrote: It's apparently a common tactic to create a line of cheaper made products specifically for the outlet stores. Some clothes will be the older stuff from the main stores that they didn't sell or whatnot, but some are made specifically for sale at the 'cheaper prices'. I noticed kate spade does this a lot.
The majority of outlet clothing is designed to meet outlet specs and price. It's common sense - otherwise, how could there be so much excess inventory from regular stores to fill outlet stores? This is similar to Costco footwear.
Jul 11, 2013
301 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: This is real cashmere? Even at the regular price that would be too cheap IMO. They’re usually $180+ regular price.
Yes, its real cashmere, but the sweater is a cashmere blend (silk is the main material with some cotton). The cashmere content is quite low. So I would personally not pay regular price for something like this.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1909 posts
2095 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
What's with the red dot?
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Jul 11, 2013
301 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
Spinner wrote: The majority of outlet clothing is designed to meet outlet specs and price. It's common sense - otherwise, how could there be so much excess inventory from regular stores to fill outlet stores? This is similar to Costco footwear.
The regular Bay stores do this also with their some of their sale specials. For example, whenever they have the $19.99 Calvin Klein dress shirt sale, the shirts are of noticeably lower quality. Also, I heard from a sales associate that the Bay always bring in stock of lower quality Kate Spade bags, and place these on special sale.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
48990 posts
10269 upvotes
Richmond Hill
BoredAccountant wrote: Yes, its real cashmere, but the sweater is a cashmere blend (silk is the main material with some cotton). The cashmere content is quite low. So I would personally not pay regular price for something like this.
Makes sense, I have a 100% cashmere Banana sweater and remember the regular price being in the $200's.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)