Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Banana Republic

Locked: Men's Leather Jacket - $511

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2019 6:11 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
deezz wrote: Oh btw, John Varvatos USA makes a LOT of product, and some of it is really nice, and others not so much. Unfortunately, this one is on the side of not so much :( If you look at the pictures of the back of the jacket, look at how many panels are back there. Four equally sized panels. And the sleeves, multiple panels too. Really good quality leather jackets will be like, one or two panels on the back. If multiple panels, there will be one that is quite large, to show off that they've chosen very good leather to make it. It's always harder to get very large unblemished pieces of leather from the cow. The jacket you linked, when you see it in person, you're not going to like it, as all the panels are going to jump out at you :( I have a couple non-leather Varvatos USA jackets which I like a lot because of their style....but like I said, Varvatos makes a TON of product.

Sorry if it seems like I'm raining down on the parade here...not trying to. It's just that at $500, I want to make sure my fellow RFDers are spending their money on high quality product...at $500, that thing should last you damn near forever! It's attainable.

I also encourage riding safely ;)
Thanks for your feedback. I did see that JV jacket at Nordstrom Rack and just based on how it looked on me, my thought was that it was not something I would spend $500 on.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
deezz wrote: @johnnyblayze

Yes, if you're intent on All Saints, I'm saying you should go there to get one. Since Toronto Premium Outlet is pretty far (for me anyway), I would call them first though and ask if they've got any promotions on leather jackets. Since they're the outlet, they typically usually have some leathers for 30% - 40% off or more on a regular basis. And then going around Black Friday may net you additional savings.

And yes, since you're just shopping for style, something like that will suit you. I think it'll be worth your while. I just think you can definitely do better than $500 :) Or if you're willing to go to $500, you can do a LOT better than Danier and All Saints :)

With $500 in mind, if you're going to go to Toronto Premium Outlets, you should also check out Burberry and The Kooples stores. Probably unlikely to find anything at Burberry in that price range, but The Kooples you could, and theirs will be better than All Saints for sure. For less than that, maybe the Ted Baker store will have something. Worth shopping around at that mall.
Thank you again for the constructive and helpful feedback. Refreshing to see this on RFD!

I live in Mississauga so the Outlet isnt too far away. I will probably check it out this weekend and follow your recommendations.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
2238 posts
881 upvotes
I am no expert but I got my Mackage leather jacket for around same price at Yorkdale on sale. You can find Rudsak ones for less at Vaughan Mills. This is Banana Republic...nothing from there is worth $500 IMHO.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
@johnnyblayze Hey man, no problems, glad you're taking it as constructive, and not being offended...also refreshing to see basically on the internet these days lol.

I spent a lot of time looking for my leathers, and going to different stores, and trying on so damn many jackets lol, so I just wanted to pass on what I've learned. That process is what really surprised me about All Saints given their reputation for leather jackets...so I think once upon a time they were probably excellent, but popularity, expansion, etc. Again though just to reiterate, if you're getting one for 30 - 40% off 500 though, that'd still be decent.

For the stores at Toronto Premium Outlets, this is what I'd recommend:

For the $500+ tier, I would put The Kooples, and then all the luxury brands in there Burberry, Prada, Saint Laurent, Gucci, Versace, etc....but these are going to be more like $1000+ I wouldn't be afraid to go in there and try on some of their leathers, just so you can see and feel what really good quality stuff feels like.

In the 30 - 40% off 500 tier, I would put All Saints, Mackage, Rudsak, Diesel, Ted Baker, Polo Ralph Lauren, and maybe Lucky Brand in together - they all make a lot of stuff, and some of it is better than others.

And in the $250 and below tier, I would put Banana, Gap factory, J.Crew factory, etc.

Budget yourself a few hours to go into the stores to try on the jackets. Everyone is going to fit a bit different, so sizing may not be consistent. What fits you in a medium from one company may require a large at another. FIT is KING.

Also, I think you're going at the worst time LOL. Many sales ended with Back to School at the beginning of September, and it's now fall, so jacket season has just begun. So you're right in this transition period where sales are over or haven't begun, and many places just have stuff at regular price. That's why I suggested Toronto Premium Outlets, because, at least, stuff is usually on sale there at all times.

Okay, good luck man!!!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jan 16, 2017
199 posts
191 upvotes
Got my Joe Rocket Classic 92 today, unfortunately size M is too big for me since it's a american cut, but oh man what a nice jacket is for less.
Images
  • gear-joe-rocket-classic-92-leather-motorcycle-jacket-review.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1667 posts
1559 upvotes
Montr
I saw some better looking and less expensive leather jackets at Simons . Unfortunaltely could not find one that fits me
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
deezz wrote: This price is insane for the level of quality you're going to get from Banana Republic.

If you're getting into this price range, you should be looking at a brand like Schott for leather jackets, the company that put the first zipper on jackets. Their leather quality is incredible, especially their aniline leathers.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/sr/schott-nyc

Wait for a sale and grab one of theirs, you won't be disappointed and they will last you a lifetime. I managed to grab a Schott double rider style jacket from the Bay last year on clearance for under $500.

Just looked at Schott Canada website - they definitely have nice leather jackets for reasonable prices (the ones on sale). Would definitely pay $500 for a leather jackets from a known leather-maker over BR.

Also, nice leather trimmed pea coat for a very reasonable price:
https://www.schottnyc.com/products/navy ... m?catID=44
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2012
1037 posts
372 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Reading this thread reminded me I have a leather jacket I probably haven't touched in 15 years. Time to give it a go.
Aug 24, 2005
793 posts
417 upvotes
Etobicoke
Ruthlessly cut down... Sorry OP. An up vote just to soften the blow a little.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
dilligafeh wrote: No respectable biker wears skinny jeans like metrosexual in the ad...this is a leather jacket, not sure what makes it a Bikers' jacket...I'm not even going to mention anything about the price.
Right, and "respectable bikers" tend to shop at Banana Republic. And of course you can't wear a leather jacket that's listed as a "biker jacket" unless you're actually a biker. :facepalm:
It's just a style thing. Nothing to do with motorcycle gear.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm heading back to work @ TPO on Friday I'll take a look around for the thread since I am looking for a jacket anyways.

I'll be sure to hit All saints, diesel and mackage.
YSL has only 46s every time I go in...

Gonna make some friends for that employee discount
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: I'm heading back to work @ TPO on Friday I'll take a look around for the thread since I am looking for a jacket anyways.

I'll be sure to hit All saints, diesel and mackage.
YSL has only 46s every time I go in...

Gonna make some friends for that employee discount
Oh man, if you can hook up the employee discount on the Saint Laurent teddy jacket, and it comes out to around $500, I will love you for all eternity... but that's a jacket for another thread lol

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
spicytofu wrote: Reading this thread reminded me I have a leather jacket I probably haven't touched in 15 years. Time to give it a go.
That's the beauty of leather jackets. Certain styles like the double rider, cafe racer, bomber... they never really go out of style. They really are timeless. So if you invest in a very good quality one, it will last you the same amount of time :)

Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1923 posts
2111 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Pretty sure there are jackets just like these at any thrift store. Probably hardly used, too.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Sep 15, 2019
806 posts
2060 upvotes
orleans
I will wait for it to be 4 dollars at Dollarama.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
dont forget 4% rakuten!
Feb 20, 2009
272 posts
285 upvotes
Mississauga
Sorry for totally off topic: you can sometime find excellent leather jackets in thrift stores for $30-$60. Professional leather cleaning is around $90. They are becoming rare so I wonder if there may be a revival of leather jackets?
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
deezz wrote: Oh man, if you can hook up the employee discount on the Saint Laurent teddy jacket, and it comes out to around $500, I will love you for all eternity... but that's a jacket for another thread lol
the nylonish thin black one?
if so i was thinking about copping it...

They did a clearance on their leather a month or so ago, leather 40% off
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
OutsideYourWorld wrote: Pretty sure there are jackets just like these at any thrift store. Probably hardly used, too.
ravenjo wrote: Sorry for totally off topic: you can sometime find excellent leather jackets in thrift stores for $30-$60. Professional leather cleaning is around $90. They are becoming rare so I wonder if there may be a revival of leather jackets?
Thrift stores are a fantastic source of leather jackets!! The styles though...ugh... they vary widely. You should see the number of leather jackets I see with massive, baggy arms, and other ones with shoulder pads lol... shoulder pads!! So finding a good fit can be way trickier. But because we're in Canada, thrift stores are probably the BEST source of Danier jackets in the $20 - $50 range :) Especially their older ones with good leather.

Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: the nylonish thin black one?
if so i was thinking about copping it...

They did a clearance on their leather a month or so ago, leather 40% off
Ah, no, it's this one: https://www.ysl.com/hr/shop-product/men ... 404fv.html

But who am I kidding, it'll never go down to $500 even with employee discount lol. However, if you're going to be in the store, if you wouldn't mind letting me know how much they're selling it for, that'd be cool :)