• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2015 10:24 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
qsub wrote: Obviously this is Canada, not China or Taiwan and clearly there are shipping cost and profit that needs to be made in a transaction. Your post is pointless.

Way to go captain obvious, products manufactured in China are cheaper in China then it is in Canada and in other news the sky is blue.
LOL stop traveling and head back to first year economics class then. You know how much international shopping costs from China? It's not canada post LOLLLLL get a grip man.

You're the same type of person that comes to Asia and looks for a Swiss movement fake rolex LOL. Or thinks "Japanese movements" aren't manufactured in China.

I hate to burst your bubble but you're clueless amigo
Jan 14, 2015
12 posts
1 upvote
Montreal, QC
This selfie stick is free :
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6703 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga
daikman wrote: You can buy top of the line selfie stick here in China for about $4-5 Canadian. With option for blue tooth or just corded picture selfie stick. Just some food for thought :)
Hmmm,now we need to look for cheap tickets to China,thanks for the food.
By the way,the liter of gas you pay here(Canada) at least $1 for, you can get it for 2 US cents only,some food for the thought too.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2004
3186 posts
866 upvotes
Mississauga
DealPanda wrote: Most of the world has accepted these, especially for all the people travelling alone. A lot of people use these as a monopod especially at sporting events etc. We apologize if these Selfie sticks are "too cool for you", but you are also the individuals who can't move along with technologies and adapt to new things.

Its just funny how things that other people do can bother you so much to say they are "socially unacceptable" or "annoying" or "stupid".
I think it must be a young person thing because they don't seem to understand the inherent selfishness of occupying a larger footprint than one ought to in a crowded public place. As I said in an earlier post, try navigating around the Spanish steps in Rome, which on a normal afternoon, is already packed but now as you're going up or down the steps you have to snake around all these idiots waving these things about. They're not selfie sticks, they're selfish sticks and they need to be banned from tourist attractions.

the argument about not keeping up with technologies and something about being "too cool" didn't save BT headsets from virtual extinction. I've been adopting new technologies since the 80's and I also do it in my profession and in my experience it doesn't matter how functionally useful something is or how clear a use case it creates, if it is annoying to others it will have a hard time achieving sustained commercial success. But I guess we shall see.

edit: It looks like places have already begun banning these things: https://www.yahoo.com/tech/a-running-li ... 71759.html
Jun 9, 2015
14 posts
Toronto, ON
:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1036 posts
486 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
When "answering machines" came along before voicemail,many people derided them as self-indulgent, ridiculous, "I'll NEVER leave a message on one of those things!"

Not saying selfie-sticks are a big deal, but there are always folk who will be disgusted by tech they're not used to. Just try riding a recumbent bike around some roadies, and one of them will get defensive.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1739 posts
949 upvotes
Newton Brook, ON
DealPanda wrote: Its just funny how things that other people do can bother you so much to say they are "socially unacceptable"
That's not funny, it's literally the definition of "socially unacceptable".
Aug 3, 2006
874 posts
122 upvotes
daikman wrote: LOL stop traveling and head back to first year economics class then. You know how much international shopping costs from China? It's not canada post LOLLLLL get a grip man.

You're the same type of person that comes to Asia and looks for a Swiss movement fake rolex LOL. Or thinks "Japanese movements" aren't manufactured in China.

I hate to burst your bubble but you're clueless amigo
Just stop posting. You post like a 6th grade retard that no one wants to be friends with.
Yo, if the rap game is whack, everybody's blamin you
You from brooklyn? Then biggie must be ashamed of you
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2044 posts
1272 upvotes
Tig wrote: I think it must be a young person thing because they don't seem to understand the inherent selfishness of occupying a larger footprint than one ought to in a crowded public place. As I said in an earlier post, try navigating around the Spanish steps in Rome, which on a normal afternoon, is already packed but now as you're going up or down the steps you have to snake around all these idiots waving these things about. They're not selfie sticks, they're selfish sticks and they need to be banned from tourist attractions.
Well, the other option is to hand over your camera/phone to stranger in rome and risk having it stolen. :)

not everyone uses this to destory eyeballs or art work. If those PPL you speak of don't have a Selfie stick, they will just be doing other things to annoy you.

It's sad because now I may be shunned by society if I use my monopod to take pictures :*(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
slimysnot wrote: Well, the other option is to hand over your camera/phone to stranger in rome and risk having it stolen. :)

not everyone uses this to destory eyeballs or art work. If those PPL you speak of don't have a Selfie stick, they will just be doing other things to annoy you.

It's sad because now I may be shunned by society if I use my monopod to take pictures :*(
or just take a picture, not everything needs to be you posing infront of a statue to share with the world.

pictures use to be for personal memories, now its to show how much more fun your life is than others.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2044 posts
1272 upvotes
Financials wrote: or just take a picture, not everything needs to be you posing infront of a statue to share with the world.

pictures use to be for personal memories, now its to show how much more fun your life is than others.
See, I'm being judged when I say I'm using a monopod. :-0 Seems like haters are just randomly bashing people without really understanding what they are.

Discrimination and online bullying, I say.
Jan 30, 2013
818 posts
139 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
mtlmonk wrote: selfie stick deal from a store called Bang Good....women must go crazy
+ fanny pack :D