Hot Deals

[banggood.com] T-bao Ryzen 5 mini PC 8gb upgradable ram 256GB nvme ~$380 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2020 10:30 am
[OP]
Sep 8, 2014
556 posts
1722 upvotes

T-bao Ryzen 5 mini PC 8gb upgradable ram 256GB nvme ~$380 shipped

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
banggood.com
Banggood has a T-Bao (lol) Ryzen 5 mini-pc listed for $474.
WITH COUPON CODE BG25MNB (found on a website called XIAOMITODAY.com. This site lists a few different coupon combinations for different configurations but I didn't try them all.) it brings the price down to around $380 including shipping from their CHINA warehouse.
Make sure you select US PLUG as well.
Unchecking shipping insurance, selecting shipping from China and entering the coupon code mentioned above brings the price down to ~$380.
Now I know T-Bao isn't exactly a reputable brand, but the reviews I've watched show the NVME drive is actually an Intel drive capable of over 1gb/s read and 500mb+ write speeds.
Windows 10 Home is preloaded.

This deal might not be for everyone but this PC does have Vega 8 integrated graphics and is capable of casual gaming. Ryzen chips also have an abundance of hardware decoders and should handle just about everything you throw at it including 4K 60fps HDR.
Paypal is an option for payment so your transaction should be secure.
23 replies
Apr 2, 2007
887 posts
135 upvotes
any coupon codes for the next higher spec machine, 16gb ram and 512 gb ssd?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3211 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
I'm kind of intrigued by these things.
(I watched the review a couple of weeks ago but haven't taken the time to review it with an actual purchase in mind. Fine points of thermal throttling and fan noise might be important.)
I only looked on Bangood. Without the $100 coupon discount on the first, I'd think that the last would be the best selection. Unless thermal issues render the 2700u no better than the 2500u.

I wonder what "trial" signifies within the MN27 URL.
Last edited by Hugh on Oct 31st, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 23, 2016
312 posts
515 upvotes
Closest thing to this that you can build yourself:

• Asrock Deskmini (includes case, motherboard, and power supply) - $250
  • Ryzen 5 3200G - $140
  • G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8 GB (4x2) 2400 MHz 260pin - $48
  • Kingston A2000 256GB NVMe - $50
  • Total: $488
Edit:
M.2 WiFi + Bluetooth: Intel AX200 - $30, Intel 9260 - $25

Its an extra $40 to double the RAM to 16GB using 8GBx2. There is also a Ryzen 4000 version of the Desk Mini but its $20 more. Finally its an extra $5 to get the Desk Mini vesa mount from Newegg.
Last edited by arkhira on Nov 1st, 2020 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 5, 2004
89 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Saying coupon not valid for me
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2504 posts
898 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
DO NOT BUY from these guys. They ship from China. They claim to be from Europe but they ship out from China like other overnight made Shopify drop shipping websites. Terrible customer service full of lies and plenty of excuses to buy time for shipping time. My mom ordered a garden tool that turns out to be a small poor quality roller that didn't look as advertise. They charge her $20 shipping for a 5 business days guarantee which turned up 2 months later from a China address.They kept telling me it's on back ordered. I went through hell dealing with her credit card company to get her money back with no success. Don't say I didn't give you guys a heads up warning.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1211 posts
540 upvotes
Regina
NixxonExxo wrote: DO NOT BUY from these guys. They ship from China. They claim to be from Europe but they ship out from China like other overnight made Shopify drop shipping websites. Terrible customer service full of lies and plenty of excuses to buy time for shipping time. My mom ordered a garden tool that turns out to be a small poor quality roller that didn't look as advertise. They charge her $20 shipping for a 5 business days guarantee which turned up 2 months later from a China address.They kept telling me it's on back ordered. I went through hell dealing with her credit card company to get her money back with no success. Don't say I didn't give you guys a heads up warning.
It is banggood (china)
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2504 posts
898 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
They 'claim' they ship from US as well. I'm guilty of buying stuff from China too but only through eBay and Amazon where they have assurance for buyers.
waloshin wrote: It is banggood (china)
Last edited by NixxonExxo on Oct 31st, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3211 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh wrote: I'm kind of intrigued by these things.
(I watched the review a couple of weeks ago but haven't taken the time to review it with an actual purchase in mind. Fine points of thermal throttling and fan noise might be important.)
I only looked on Bangood. Without the $100 coupon discount on the first, I'd think that the last would be the best selection. Unless thermal issues render the 2700u no better than the 2500u.

I wonder what "trial" signifies within the MN27 URL.
I found a coupon for the MN27: https://www.xiaomitoday.com/tbook-mn27-for-just-289-99/ BGMN11N brings it down $81.32. That site has a coupon for an MN27 with lower resources too but I didn't investigate.

The 2700u is only a little better than the 2500u. https://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/923/A ... 2700U.html The main difference is in the iGPU: 20% more shaders and 20% higher GPU clock (roughly). The CPU clock is about 10% faster.

Both are two generations old and Ryzen generations have been significant. The latest Intel "Xe" iGPU is a big step forward too. So, as usual, there are promising things coming "real soon now".
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3211 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
prohomy wrote: Unchecking shipping insurance,
Paypal is an option for payment so your transaction should be secure.
Why uncheck shipping insurance? Is it a scam or is it just that Paypal makes it redundant?
[OP]
Sep 8, 2014
556 posts
1722 upvotes
Hugh wrote: Why uncheck shipping insurance? Is it a scam or is it just that Paypal makes it redundant?
Shipping is tracked. If it doesn't get delivered PayPal would step in. I've had good experience with PayPal stepping in when something doesn't arrive, better than directly through my credit card.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3211 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
NixxonExxo wrote: DO NOT BUY from these guys. They ship from China. They claim to be from Europe but they ship out from China like other overnight made Shopify drop shipping websites. Terrible customer service full of lies and plenty of excuses to buy time for shipping time. My mom ordered a garden tool that turns out to be a small poor quality roller that didn't look as advertise. They charge her $20 shipping for a 5 business days guarantee which turned up 2 months later from a China address.They kept telling me it's on back ordered. I went through hell dealing with her credit card company to get her money back with no success. Don't say I didn't give you guys a heads up warning.
Did your mother buy from Bangood or are you warning us about vendors from PRC in general?
Bangood and G***best are well known so I tentatively trust them.

Note: I think that G***best is censored from this site because they were caught shilling here, many years ago. That's a hint that their ethics might not match yours or mine.

I welcome clear descriptions about problems experienced with them.

What I do find a little shakey is the specifications in some listings. For example, for some items containing cameras, the specs concerning resolution are not even self-consistent. In the case of this mini PC, the review from a third party that I trust is quite useful.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2014
556 posts
1722 upvotes
arkhira wrote: Closest thing to this that you can build yourself:

• Asrock Deskmini (includes case, motherboard, and power supply) - $250
  • Ryzen 5 3200G - $140
  • G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8 GB (4x2) 2400 MHz 260pin - $48
  • Kingston A2000 256GB NVMe - $50
  • Total: $488

Its an extra $40 to double the RAM to 16GB using 8GBx2. There is also a Ryzen 4000 version of the Desk Mini but its $20 more. Finally its an extra $5 to get the Desk Mini vesa mount from Newegg.
Wifi bluetooth and OS added on and it's even more. The tbao also has 2666 ram. Ryzen gpu performance is directly related to ram speed.
I'd prefer gskill though to ASint that comes with the tbao. I've never even heard of ASint but that can be a 16gb upgrade in the future.