Expired Hot Deals

[Banggood] Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Racing Drone Combo with FlySky I6 Controller $257.50

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2017 9:14 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1517 posts
2582 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Racing Drone Combo with FlySky I6 Controller $257.50

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Banggood
Banggood has one of the best budget FPV racing drones on sale.
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Wizard- ... mds=search
This combo includes everything you need to fly excluding FPV goggles.
This drone is highly recommended by the community and a great entry to racing drones.

Here is a recommendation for a great bang for your buck goggles. (Use promo code: toysho for an extra 8% off. )
http://www.banggood.com/KDS-Kylin-Visio ... 53030.html

External Links:
This set up is highly recommend by UAVfutures for a budget build -

The complete guide to the X220 - https://uav-review.com/eachine-wizard-x ... ete-guide/
UAV review's review - https://uav-review.com/eachine-wizard-x220-review/
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
11 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1570 posts
596 upvotes
The wizard is one of the best "knockoff" FPV racers you can buy from China. It's frame and components are well worth the money, but like post above saids... Transport Canada has essentially made this hobby illegal unless you fly at MAAC fields only.
Very discouraging to the hobbyists and model aircraft industry in Canada.

I urge everyone to write to their MP about the unreaslistic and overreaching Transport Canada interim order about drones and model aircraft. It is nearly impossible to fly within the rules as written.
Always in search of a great deal....
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1517 posts
2582 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Netcruzer wrote: The wizard is one of the best "knockoff" FPV racers you can buy from China. It's frame and components are well worth the money, but like post above saids... Transport Canada has essentially made this hobby illegal unless you fly at MAAC fields only.
Very discouraging to the hobbyists and model aircraft industry in Canada.

I urge everyone to write to their MP about the unreaslistic and overreaching Transport Canada interim order about drones and model aircraft. It is nearly impossible to fly within the rules as written.
well said. +1
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3280 posts
751 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
temporary user wrote: Take off weigh: 535g

Check the new TC rules to see if you can fly: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/mediaroom/inter ... craft.html
Check map where you fly to see if you can do it legally: https://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/solution ... _tool.html
Woah. i heard the announcement. But i didn't quite get how restrictive this is. i assumed i'd be able to go to a local park where i'd be 75meters away from cars/buildings/people and fly my little syma x8w which weights 400g ish. But according to that map, the hospital in the middle of my city has a helicopter pad and it restricts an area of 5km radius around the hospital. Essentially covering the ENTIRE city.

So if i was alone in a park more than 75m away from anything and flying my drone at a measly height of 2 meters off the ground. If i cop sees me i am subject to a $3000 fine because the whole ciyt is within that hospital helicopter zone. daaaaaammmnnnn.
Sep 17, 2016
280 posts
104 upvotes
The new rules are ******** and kill the hopes I had of using one for real estate marketing
Jul 31, 2009
120 posts
38 upvotes
News rules are crazy. Check out the comments:

Dec 24, 2011
50 posts
4 upvotes
Oshawa
Kevinck wrote: Woah. i heard the announcement. But i didn't quite get how restrictive this is. i assumed i'd be able to go to a local park where i'd be 75meters away from cars/buildings/people and fly my little syma x8w which weights 400g ish. But according to that map, the hospital in the middle of my city has a helicopter pad and it restricts an area of 5km radius around the hospital. Essentially covering the ENTIRE city.

So if i was alone in a park more than 75m away from anything and flying my drone at a measly height of 2 meters off the ground. If i cop sees me i am subject to a $3000 fine because the whole ciyt is within that hospital helicopter zone. daaaaaammmnnnn.
I'm in the same boat. The wording suggests that it's up to the discretion of an enforcer whether or not to fine you "choose not to follow any of the rules below, you could face fines of up to $3,000". But I'm actually considering selling my drone now because of this. Every place I wanted to fly mine which is safe, doesn't obstruct, affect anyone else, or reach a height a plane could be flying (unless they like flying within 10 feet of tree tops) is against the rules with all the aerodromes and small airports around. Not worth the risk of a fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1743 posts
310 upvotes
I don't understand all this legal talk. Do these new rules apply to quadcopters that weigh less then 250grams ? Only reason I'm asking is that there are new quads that are coming out that don't weigh too much. This micro quad weighs 62grams and the battery probably weighs about the same. So about 120grams total flight weight. Do the new rules apply to this weight class ?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1211 posts
1194 upvotes
GTA
Unfortunately these new rules are the consequence of really bad judgement on many users' parts. There are so many drone fails and YouTube videos of people flying in densely populated areas in the states that I don't find it unreasonable that Canada is laying down some rules. We all know how it is... a few bad accidents spoils it for everybody. Even sensible people with drone experience can find themselves in lawsuits if their drone malfunctions and injures somebody accidentally.

I own a drone myself and bought it partially for work and for recording my kids soccer matches so I'm obviously not happy with these rules but in the interest of the general public's safety I don't completely disagree with the initiative taken. They do however, need to relax the rules a bit.
Nov 1, 2015
775 posts
745 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
TitusBobby wrote: The new rules are ******** and kill the hopes I had of using one for real estate marketing
Well, you apply to use it with a business license. Many businesses use drones for their work, especially for surveying and real estate. That industry hasn't been impacted at all.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3280 posts
751 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
sylvestor2002 wrote: I don't understand all this legal talk. Do these new rules apply to quadcopters that weigh less then 250grams ? Only reason I'm asking is that there are new quads that are coming out that don't weigh too much. This micro quad weighs 62grams and the battery probably weighs about the same. So about 120grams total flight weight. Do the new rules apply to this weight class ?
If your drone weight when flying (Battery,camera, the full weight) is over 250g then all the legal talk applies.
If it's under 250g then it's just a toy and you can apparently do whatever you want with it.