Expired Hot Deals

[Banggood] LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Snapdragon 820 Quad Core $124.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2018 9:58 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1561 posts
552 upvotes
GTA

LeTV LeEco Le Max 2 4GB RAM 64GB ROM Snapdragon 820 Quad Core $124.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Banggood
I received an e-mail saying this phone is on sale for $129.99 this morning. Typical, or more like opposite, but when I went to the site the price was actually lower at $124.99US. You won't find a phone with these specs for $124.99, plus other sites are selling for even more $ the version with only 32GB ROM (don't get me started on their idiotic use of the term ROM).

I already bought the 6GB RAM version for my son and it's been awesome so it was an easy decision to buy this at an unbelievable price. Yes, I already know LeTV is on it's last leg and the firmware may not get any more updates. For the price and specs you won't find anything close. And it will suit my needs for a few years so for certain it's more than paid for itself.

NOTE - This is a PRE-ORDER and it says will ship on November 2.
65 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2147 posts
1222 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
OP where are you seeing this price? I clicked on your link and it is showing me CDN $231.76.
I also changed the pricing to US$ and ship to the USA and the price is US$ 174.99.

Maybe this was targeted specifically to you?
Last edited by StealthFinder on Oct 19th, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Nov 21, 2014
328 posts
225 upvotes
Atlantic
Email offer only

Processor and LTE bands are good. My concern is the software - comes with EUI 5.6 (based on Android 6.0 - Marshmellow). Not a new phone/release by any stretch - doubt you would be getting many software/security updates moving forward.

But if you don't care about those things, then it's quite a deal.
Aug 5, 2008
77 posts
56 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON L4…
I got the same offer in email. However, when I follow the link from email I see $165.54
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1561 posts
552 upvotes
GTA
As stated in the OP, it is $124.99US so it will work out to something like $168.73CAN. I just clicked through the link again and it still says $124.99US. I'm not certain it's targeted or if everyone can get it but you probably could get that price by signing up a "disposal" e-mail address.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
1561 posts
552 upvotes
GTA
Looks like the colour Rose Gold is $124.99 whereas Gold and Gray are $129.99.

BTW, no rebates. I tried and it bumped the price up by $50 so obviously not worth it.
Aug 8, 2005
657 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal
Be careful, your personal info might be stolen if buying smart phones from China.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12038 posts
2604 upvotes
Toronto
I would not recommend this phone. I owned it for a few months. It developed charging problems after a few months, and then the back main camera suddenly died.

Vendor Software support is non existent (the one I had was officially stuck on Android 6.0) and I had to run Lineage to make the phone pleasant and usable.

Battery life is poor as the battery is too small for this processor and screen size (3000 mah) and the battery is not user replaceable. It's honestly the worst phone purchase I ever made.

I dumped it quickly and I'm happily using a Redmi Note 5 Pro now.

Stay away, get a Xiaomi phone instead if you want a China phone. They are awesome.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
2097 posts
1501 upvotes
EasyCompany251 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:02 am
Email offer only

Processor and LTE bands are good. My concern is the software - comes with EUI 5.6 (based on Android 6.0 - Marshmellow). Not a new phone/release by any stretch - doubt you would be getting many software/security updates moving forward.

Frankly, we're talking about a Snapdragon 820, pretty old at this point. You can buy an LG G5 for roughly the same price (lightly used). Not sure the small savings potential is worth the "get it from China" lottery.
Jun 7, 2011
96 posts
61 upvotes
Orangeville
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:24 am
I would not recommend this phone. I owned it for a few months. It developed charging problems after a few months, and then the back main camera suddenly died.

Vendor Software support is non existent (the one I had was officially stuck on Android 6.0) and I had to run Lineage to make the phone pleasant and usable.

Battery life is poor as the battery is too small for this processor and screen size (3000 mah) and the battery is not user replaceable. It's honestly the worst phone purchase I ever made.

Stay away, get a Xiaomi phone instead if you want a China phone. They are awesome.
On the flip side, I've had this phone since Feb 2017, and I have 0 problems besides the battery life which is lacking. I'm using nova launcher so I don't feel the stock UI issues. I would like some OS updates though.

However, in agreeing with you, my wife has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, and it is a really nice phone. I would also recommend a Xiaomi phone over this phone unless you need excellent specs with a great price. The Xiaomi camera is pretty lacking, though.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12038 posts
2604 upvotes
Toronto
EasyCompany251 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:02 am
Email offer only

The Leeco OS is garbage and trust me when I say you will need to run a custom ROM to make this phone worthwhile. I chose Lineage OS.

Mine developed 2 separate hardware problems (charging problems and dead main camera) in under 4 months of use. Never had that happen with a phone before. I would stay away from this at any price, personally.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12038 posts
2604 upvotes
Toronto
Pants536 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:40 am

However, in agreeing with you, my wife has a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, and it is a really nice phone. I would also recommend a Xiaomi phone over this phone unless you need excellent specs with a great price. The Xiaomi camera is pretty lacking, though.
Three separate camera processors were used in the Note 4. The Sony is the best one. The camera in my Redmi Note 5 is really good (dual lens, portrait mode etc.)

Unlike Leeco, Xiaomi has awesome support and the Xiaomi phone is useable out of the box without custom ROMs.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12038 posts
2604 upvotes
Toronto
Pants536 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:40 am
On the flip side, I've had this phone since Feb 2017, and I have 0 problems besides the battery life which is lacking. I'm using nova launcher so I don't feel the stock UI issues. I would like some OS updates though.

OS updates are never coming from Leeco. If you want a modern OS and up to date security updates, you will have to run Lineage 15 which is currently at 8.1 Oreo for this phone. To anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about, stay well away from this phone. The Redmi phones from Xiaomi are useable out of the box and the new ones all have Oreo Android 8.1
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2147 posts
1222 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
We are going to Shanghai & Beijing next month. Is it cheaper to buy phones in China?
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:24 am

Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business