Expired Hot Deals

[Banggood] Teclast M40 - Android 10 Tablet, Octa Core 6GB / 128GB

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2020 9:47 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Feb 25, 2020
189 posts
424 upvotes

Teclast M40 - Android 10 Tablet, Octa Core 6GB / 128GB

Deal Link:
Price:
$220.66
Savings:
6%
Expiry:
December 21, 2020
Retailer:
Banggood
Specs:

Unisoc T618 Processor
Mali-G52 3EE GPU
6GB RAM+128GB ROM
Android 10.0 Dark Theme Gesture Control
10.1” 1920×1200 IPS Display
4G Network,Dual band WiFi, GPS, BT5.2

Review:

Images
  • M40_zt_01.jpg
45 replies
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
596 posts
612 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I had two of the Telcast Tablet 2 years ago. It's garbage. Battery doesn't last, absolutely no after sale support nor firmware.

To be avoid.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Member
User avatar
Oct 31, 2010
391 posts
769 upvotes
Montreal
BertL67369 wrote: I had two of the Telcast Tablet 2 years ago. It's garbage. Battery doesn't last, absolutely no after sale support nor firmware.

To be avoid.
Agreed. I had an older model with the same problems, and I'm surprised this company still exists.
Member
Nov 30, 2013
410 posts
342 upvotes
Do yourselves a favor and buy a used iPad. Or buy a new iPad for $400. The ipad is twice the money but will last four time more. I owned at least five of these no-name brand for the last two decades. It is always interesting to try, but utility-wise, they are crap.
Member
Jan 16, 2009
256 posts
146 upvotes
Lethbridge
lesoir wrote: Do yourselves a favor and buy a used iPad. Or buy a new iPad for $400. The ipad is twice the money but will last four time more. I owned at least five of these no-name brand for the last two decades. It is always interesting to try, but utility-wise, they are crap.
I think you have to know the brands you're dealing with, but I've done well with Chuwi and Cube so far. My Cube Windows tablet could probably use a new battery after being a few years old, but that's not surprising, nor is it terribly expensive or hard to do.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1613 posts
357 upvotes
how much does banggood is paying you to post their garbage?
No links or solicitations through sigs
Member
Nov 30, 2013
410 posts
342 upvotes
Maplicito wrote: I think you have to know the brands you're dealing with, but I've done well with Chuwi and Cube so far. My Cube Windows tablet could probably use a new battery after being a few years old, but that's not surprising, nor is it terribly expensive or hard to do.
My last one was a Chuwi. The antenna connecter broke so I had to solder it back. Then my kids drop it from the bed and the screen shatter. I tried to replace the screen but it was glue shut to the frame (unlike the ipad which can be opened using heatgun). Oh well, it is fun to try different things but if you want reliability, just get an ipad in my opinion. We still have an ipad 2 running.
Member
Nov 30, 2013
410 posts
342 upvotes
emjhay wrote: how much does banggood is paying you to post their garbage?
Don't be too judgmental. Bangood has things that is of value. Electrical components for example.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 24, 2012
2583 posts
1082 upvotes
MARKHAM
BertL67369 wrote: I had two of the Telcast Tablet 2 years ago. It's garbage. Battery doesn't last, absolutely no after sale support nor firmware.

To be avoid.
Agree, had one with duel OS few years ago. The battery didn't last half a year.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1100 posts
1399 upvotes
Mississauga
Don't know what folks use 10" tablets for, but the Fire HD 10 can be had for $150 + tax when it goes on sale regularly.
I know folks swear by the ipad, I'm pretty sure they are fabulous, however I do not know what to use tablets for, (media? - large screen TV or nothing else! ebooks? - no time, I listen to audiobooks; Work? - Laptop, can connect to a larger screen if needed), so I can't justify the expense.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 13, 2009
735 posts
254 upvotes
JasonCao wrote: Agree, had one with duel OS few years ago.
Interesting. Which OS won? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Member
Nov 30, 2013
410 posts
342 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: Don't know what folks use 10" tablets for, but the Fire HD 10 can be had for $150 + tax when it goes on sale regularly.
I know folks swear by the ipad, I'm pretty sure they are fabulous, however I do not know what to use tablets for, (media? - large screen TV or nothing else! ebooks? - no time, I listen to audiobooks; Work? - Laptop, can connect to a larger screen if needed), so I can't justify the expense.
I agree that the fire hd would be good. Not sure how long they update the OS though. The ipad has very long OS support. The software support is important.

I guess you don't have a family ;). If you do, kids are the one who use them the most. It is just simpler and more mobile than a laptop/desktop. They watch shows (you have to limit them), art and crafts on youtube, play games, and doing school work. Believe or not, a tablet is required by major school boards for home work. I think the Fire HD 10 will handle all of that though.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 22, 2004
2048 posts
722 upvotes
Ottawa
TE7 wrote: Interesting. Which OS won? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I had the Teclast T11 (10.6" screen) which was a dual boot Windows and Android tablet. I found that I used the android OS about 95% of the time. Unfortunately, over time I kept losing storage space for some reason, to the point that I couldn't get enough room for my apps to update. I never could find a factory refresh setting, so when the battery started bulging I called it quits.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Sr. Member
Nov 24, 2018
596 posts
612 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
TE7 wrote: Interesting. Which OS won? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
The dual OS, is Window and Android; it can dual boot.
On Windows, the battery last barely like 20min or so, Android a bit longer.
But I once i had done one firmware update, the Window partition dissapear.
The window boot was my main point buying it,
They have zero support, its now sitting with my pot mat.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 25, 2008
1541 posts
387 upvotes
Ottawa
Banggood web site has far too many unnecessary 3rd party cookies.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 24, 2012
2583 posts
1082 upvotes
MARKHAM
TE7 wrote: Interesting. Which OS won? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
dual OS, and it was laggy as hell too. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
19679 posts
5848 upvotes
I think the cheapie Samsung at Giant Tiger for $70 is better than this. For around the same price as this Teclast, pick up a Samsung Tab A from SDM. Great if you have some points as there is a redemption going on right now. I use mine all the time, including making replies to this forum...
[OP]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Feb 25, 2020
189 posts
424 upvotes
DougO wrote: I think the cheapie Samsung at Giant Tiger for $70 is better than this. For around the same price as this Teclast, pick up a Samsung Tab A from SDM. Great if you have some points as there is a redemption going on right now. I use mine all the time, including making replies to this forum...
Which model is the one at Giant Tiger?
Member
Jun 5, 2012
319 posts
98 upvotes
Ottawa
I own this and it is a utter garbage. Not even single update since day one.

Top