Price:
$128.61
Savings:
38% off
Expiry:
January 31, 2021
Retailer:
Banggood
UMIDIGI is marketing this one as the "World’s 1st Android 11 Smartphone with AI Thermometer" but of course your smartphone shouldn't be used as a medical device, it comes with Android 11 stock with no bloatware so that's a plus, big battery, USB type C, global bands, etc. can't beat that for just a $128 phone

Main page: https://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi_a9_overview.html

Unboxing:

Images
  • Untitledcccc.png
89 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1173 posts
747 upvotes
Montreal
In before thread derailment. (I'm still thinking about the Iplay 40)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
7142 posts
1976 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Horrible brand.
Looks great on paper when comparing specs/price to trusted brands, but once you have it, you'll curse the day you ever bought it.

Posting of anything Umidigi should be banned on the Hot Deals forum.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3053 posts
271 upvotes
Vancouver
Ships with Android 11 and will EOL with Android 11
Jan 4, 2014
375 posts
464 upvotes
Paris
Bought this for someone as a second phone and for European travel. Accepts dual SIM and microSD card. Are there any dual SIM phones out there with this price range? Had it delivered within a month - amazing from BangGood since they usually take longer. I was able to set it up in minutes. Comes with the EU plug and NA adapter. Phone is very fast and responsive. Camera is sharp. Thermometer works and is a bonus. Can't go wrong for a second or travelling phone (yeah, yeah, I know not many people are travelling)...
Can take the chance it can be stolen without much worry.
Jul 29, 2007
664 posts
362 upvotes
North America
redflagdealsguy wrote: 3GB RAM minimum -- Good.
No Name CPU -- Good enough.
64GB ROM -- Good enough.
6.5" 720p -- Minimum acceptable.

This is a good second or third phone, or an application specific dedicated device.

P.S. Includes infrared thermometer for the COVID era. God bless'em.
This is exactly what I was looking at, specs - it's somewhat similar to the one I bought - the Umidigi A5 Pro. I use it as a backup phone as this has dual sim feature. Essentially, I use my cheapo prepaid on sim 1, and a cheapo data on sim 2. It's for "back up" secondary phone use.
IslandTourGuide wrote: Bought this for someone as a second phone and for European travel. Had it delivered within a month - amazing from BangGood since they usually take longer. I was able to set it up in minutes. Comes with the EU plug and NA adapter. Phone is very fast and responsive. Camera is sharp. Thermometer works and is a bonus. Can't go wrong for a second or travelling phone (yeah, yeah, I know not many people are travelling)...
Can take the chance it can be stolen without much worry.
Yes, this phone is perfect for travel as well. If that time comes and Covid is "no longer an issue". I'll use my Umidigi phone as a travel phone. Thanks for the reminder. This is an acceptable deal as I got my A5 pro for a few dollars more last year.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money!
Jan 4, 2014
375 posts
464 upvotes
Paris
newt_101 wrote: Horrible brand.
Looks great on paper when comparing specs/price to trusted brands, but once you have it, you'll curse the day you ever bought it.

Posting of anything Umidigi should be banned on the Hot Deals forum.
Please ban me for I have an A5Pro - two plus years now...
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1793 posts
2392 upvotes
Halifax
I have A5 pro for 1.5 years with zero issues other than the camera sucks.

I bought the A9 pro and it is a beautiful phone. The build quality seems excellent. It's super responsive. The touch screen feels great and accurate. The cameras are......... great. Screen looks great, speakers are loud. 6GB ram, 128GB storage. Fast charging USB C.

All of this is with the understanding that mine was a $180 phone.

I can't vouch for longevity but I personally like taking chances with companies like these. They aren't just some company rebranding crap (like my dudios earbuds which are also awesome for $20). They are actually trying to make a great budget phone.

You're not getting a 1000-2000 flagship but then again, it's 1/10 the price.
Jan 4, 2014
375 posts
464 upvotes
Paris
tdracer wrote: I have A5 pro for 1.5 years with zero issues other than the camera sucks.

I bought the A9 pro and it is a beautiful phone. The build quality seems excellent. It's super responsive. The touch screen feels great and accurate. The cameras are......... great. Screen looks great, speakers are loud. 6GB ram, 128GB storage. Fast charging USB C.

All of this is with the understanding that mine was a $180 phone.

I can't vouch for longevity but I personally like taking chances with companies like these. They aren't just some company rebranding crap (like my dudios earbuds which are also awesome for $20). They are actually trying to make a great budget phone.

You're not getting a 1000-2000 flagship but then again, it's 1/10 the price.
I agree
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1029 posts
339 upvotes
A9 Pro?

How often do these dudes release phones?

Sounds disposable to me.... spend $150 every year and that get's you your Android upgrades with minimal hardware upgrades.

Tempted to get one, but for now I'll stick with the Moto phones for my parents....

Thanks for sharing OP!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1793 posts
2392 upvotes
Halifax
325i wrote: A9 Pro?

How often do these dudes release phones?

Sounds disposable to me.... spend $150 every year and that get's you your Android upgrades with minimal hardware upgrades.

Tempted to get one, but for now I'll stick with the Moto phones for my parents....

Thanks for sharing OP!
I think you just described Apple and Samsungs business model. How many versions of the S20 were there? Although it's a bit more than $150.
Dec 12, 2003
286 posts
97 upvotes
Richmond
IslandTourGuide wrote: and you know this how?
HE speaks the truth. No Umidigi phones have ever upgraded to a newer OS from what it came with. My F1Play is still stuck on Android9.
Jun 22, 2009
936 posts
279 upvotes
Kitchener
Just my 2¢:

I love dual SIM phones but stick with Xiaomi and Snapdragon (same price league). Have Mi A3 with pure Android One - get updates regularly.

Stay safe!
Слава Україні!
Sep 19, 2009
650 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa
IslandTourGuide wrote: Please ban me for I have an A5Pro - two plus years now...
Me as well lol. Freedom 4GB sim in slot 1. PC Mobile UMB in slot 2. Grimacing FaceGrimacing FaceEyes
Aug 25, 2019
466 posts
455 upvotes
Two THUMBS WAY UP!!
/Been using my F2 for about a year now and STILL am one happy camper Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I like the temp feature AND Android 11 (mine came with Android 10, Dual SIM and many phones these days STILL don't have Android 10
Battery Life is AMAZING as well!

The European model works in Canada? What is the Other Area choice all about?
Last edited by SCOPster on Jan 23rd, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Anonymous
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3586 posts
816 upvotes
I owned one of these umidig phones. S7 pro. Battery life was amazing, I used it like crazy. And still didn't have to charge it till late at night or sometimes made it 2 days no charge. The 256gb storage was also amazing. One thing that drove me crazy but got used to it, was it would reboot on its own sometimes when taking using Google maps. And sometimes.photos would take but not save. Other then that to be honest. Can't complain for the price. They even came with screen protector and case. I lost this phone when I left on top of my car while putting baby in and forgot. This is my own fault and stupidity. Not the phones fault. Overall for the money it was amazing.