Hot Deals

[Banggood] UMIDIGI Bison Global Bands IP68 & IP69K | NFC Android 10 | 6GB + 128GB

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 7:16 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5790 posts
5387 upvotes
EEE2 wrote: I like the price but I am scared to use these sites.
What if product arrives damaged or doa.
Declare DOA and get a full refund.
Jul 29, 2003
703 posts
27 upvotes
I have a UMIDIGI Power, it's just over a 1 year old. Camera is crap. No other real complaints. I wonder how good the camera is on this. Looks like the best yet for any UMIDIGI phone. That's the biggest issue with these Asian budget phones. My only issue really. I do want to upgrade at some point, but camera is my biggest concern.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2020
79 posts
114 upvotes
It says the price will change when 300 pcs sold, they basically are doing a 'more pcs sold the higher the price goes up'
Jul 15, 2017
38 posts
11 upvotes
hoodrich wrote: It says the price will change when 300 pcs sold, they basically are doing a 'more pcs sold the higher the price goes up'
I saw that so I pulled the trigger for 200. Was going to wait for nov 11 and Black Friday but it’s hard to find a dual sim phone with bands for Shaw mobile at a good price so I rolled the dice.
Jan 24, 2018
53 posts
44 upvotes
Preorder Price. I'm happy, the sale builds hype and probably affects search results or something.
Cheaper than aliexpress, too.

Couple more things I'm excited about:

-that side fingerprint reader seems like maybe the first time I've seen something that's better for a left-hander than a right handed. Win.
-cyber yellow, based on the pics, kinda looks orange. And orange is wonderful.

And those customizable hardware buttons. <3

I've seen the "draw a shape" shortcuts you can do with screen off on some new phones. Maybe those will someday be as good. But for now, hardware buttons are just so necessary for my uses.
Dec 17, 2006
529 posts
63 upvotes
Quick question for Umidigi owners.

I have A5 pro, also had A3 pro for a short time, and find screen impossible to see when wearing prescription sunglasses. Removing screen protector actually made it worse.

Anybody has same issue? Never experienced same with any other brand.
[OP]
Feb 25, 2020
79 posts
114 upvotes
That's a pretty strange issue, is it difficult for others when you show them the phone?
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4590 posts
1573 upvotes
zombie999 wrote: Quick question for Umidigi owners.

I have A5 pro, also had A3 pro for a short time, and find screen impossible to see when wearing prescription sunglasses. Removing screen protector actually made it worse.

Is it too dark or does it look really washed out and inconsistent? Are your glasses polarized? That might do it.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5790 posts
5387 upvotes
zombie999 wrote: Quick question for Umidigi owners.

Sounds like your sunglasses are polarized.

Does the screen get brighter if you tilt your head or rotate the phone?
Dec 17, 2006
529 posts
63 upvotes
Yes, if I tilt the phone, or head, i can see something. I guess my glasses are polarized.

But why is this only issue with Umidigi phones?
Jun 25, 2012
146 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EEE2 wrote: I like the price but I am scared to use these sites.
What if product arrives damaged or doa.
I bought my UMIDIGI Power off of Amazon Canada, using Prime shipping, so I was a bit more confident.

Worked out great for the first year and a half, minor complaints but mostly a lot of "wow can you believe EVERYTHING this phone has and how cheap it was?" ($179.99 no tax on a sale close to release date)

Got lucky maybe. Definitely chunky battery life on that one.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5790 posts
5387 upvotes
zombie999 wrote: Yes, if I tilt the phone, or head, i can see something. I guess my glasses are polarized.

But why is this only issue with Umidigi phones?
It's an issue with ALL phones, the degree of the issue depends on the design of the screen, and the tilt of polarization of your glasses.

I have one digital camera where the screen is completely black when held vertically, and work perfectly horizontally.

It's a bit of a lottery to be honest.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2006
1562 posts
331 upvotes
Do you advertise for their website? All your post are from banggood. You should really get banned
No links or solicitations through sigs
Jul 15, 2017
38 posts
11 upvotes
Banggood is garbage. First and last time ordering from them. They didn’t manage to secure enough units and delayed shipping. AliExpress already shipped their batch and now has PayPal so no reason to use banggood. I’ll be lucky to get my phone before New Years at this rate.
Dec 17, 2006
529 posts
63 upvotes
repatch wrote: It's an issue with ALL phones, the degree of the issue depends on the design of the screen, and the tilt of polarization of your glasses.

I have one digital camera where the screen is completely black when held vertically, and work perfectly horizontally.

It's a bit of a lottery to be honest.
Theoretically you are right. However I have many phones but the ONLY phone, I have this issue, is Umidigi phone (both A3 (that I returned) and A5. I will never get another Umidigi. Obviously the screen design they are using is inferior.