Expired Hot Deals

[Banggood] Xiaomi Black Shark 3 - Global version / 8GB 128GB / Snapdragon 865 / 5G / 90Hz / Android 11 NFC - 20% off + coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 7:35 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1841 posts
1019 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: This seems like a fine phone, is the issue folks have that it lacks key bands in Canada? I can see that being a deal killer if true.

I'm thinking I should ask @vkizzle as there's a lot of FUD'ing from others.

I'll add @Viper98 to that list as another good respondent.
Kimovil

Assuming that BG is selling Global version, the link should tell you which band(s) is covered by each carriers.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17049 posts
18970 upvotes
jay-em wrote: Kimovil

Assuming that BG is selling Global version, the link should tell you which band(s) is covered by each carriers.
All the 3G and 4G bands you'd want on the big carriers are covered, good. Rogers is covered pretty well.

5G is non-existent, but then this is Canada and we're slower at rolling out everything.

Screen and CPU are solid, major concerns for me.

Not bad overall.
Dec 15, 2017
170 posts
147 upvotes
Zero wrote: Corning Gorilla Glass 6, Google's image processing on photos, Fastest Android updates, etc. etc. etc. That's just my $0.02 though.
gorilla glass. each generation comes with these great test videos on youtube how they are un-scratchable with keys, resist fingerprints so amazingly, bullet proof against 9mm glocks. And each generation survives about 3 months in my pocket in the real world before they are littered with scratches, cracked screen, oleophobic coating worn off, looking like crap.

Stop incrementing the generation up until you can put it in a pocketful of sand, walk around for an hour, and come way completely unharmed. OR make them snap on/snap off, and $1 a piece.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17049 posts
18970 upvotes
miningminer wrote: gorilla glass. each generation comes with these great test videos on youtube how they are un-scratchable with keys, resist fingerprints so amazingly, bullet proof against 9mm glocks. And each generation survives about 3 months in my pocket in the real world before they are littered with scratches, cracked screen, oleophobic coating worn off, looking like crap.

Stop incrementing the generation up until you can put it in a pocketful of sand, walk around for an hour, and come way completely unharmed. OR make them snap on/snap off, and $1 a piece.
We all know this guy above is right.

But for each tick of Corning Glass 43 and counting, a drop of dopamine is deposited in our reward centers. Ergo, it must be better.

Someone unsell me on this phone, seems like a fine value to me.

P.S. OP was smart to exclude the price from the title, teasing us with the unknown. How very European of you, OP.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Oct 31st, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2481 posts
1276 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The amount of hate generated in this thread because Xiaomi is a Chinese mobile company that makes excellent quality phones for the price and performance is quite baffling.

Makes me want Xiaomi to succeed even more.

Oh yeah! Xiaomi just climbed one spot ahead of Apple as the world's 3rd largest mobile phone maker.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Dec 15, 2017
170 posts
147 upvotes
there is absolutely nothing I loved more than using my xiaomi phone in asia to take control of TVs, AC and smart fans in every single hotel, restaurant, and store I walked into.
Nov 3, 2018
283 posts
639 upvotes
miningminer wrote: there is absolutely nothing I loved more than using my xiaomi phone in asia to take control of TVs, AC and smart fans in every single hotel, restaurant, and store I walked into.
Lol, my friends used to use his to control the TV at jack Astor's. It was awesome changing the channel without anyone knowing.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35062 posts
21030 upvotes
Center of Universe
redflagdealsguy wrote: This seems like a fine phone, is the issue folks have that it lacks key bands in Canada? I can see that being a deal killer if true.

I'm thinking I should ask @vkizzle as there's a lot of FUD'ing from others.

I'll add @Viper98 to that list as another good respondent.
I think it's a good gamer phone.
I actually bought my Mi9t from BG and it arrived fairly quick.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14256 posts
4744 upvotes
London
Zero wrote: Why does it say Android 11 NFC in title? It is Android 10, with NO NFC. Talk about bait & switch. Also, put price in the title OP.
Why do you keep coming back?
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14256 posts
4744 upvotes
London
jay-em wrote: Kimovil

This is a weird one where you'd be better buying a Chinese model instead of global. Xiaomi's 2020 phones all have better band support for Canada ok the Chinese models
Nov 3, 2018
283 posts
639 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: This is a weird one where you'd be better buying a Chinese model instead of global. Xiaomi's 2020 phones all have better band support for Canada ok the Chinese models
Is it cuz the global models are geared towards Europe and Asia?
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14256 posts
4744 upvotes
London
supremePug wrote: Is it cuz the global models are geared towards Europe and Asia?
I don't know. This is the first time I've seen it happen. usually, it is the opposite.