Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Banggood

Xiaomi Mi9 Mi 9 Lite Global Version 6.39 inch 48MP Triple Rear Camera NFC 6GB 128GB 4030mAh (269 CAD)

Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9301 posts
10316 upvotes
umcsdon wrote: In-display fingerprint sensor? Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU? Samsung AMOLED screen?
For a mid range phone I don't think these are necessarily advantages.

An in-display fingerprint censor certainly isn't good. It's very unreliable, especially when the air is cold or most, and even when it's not.

It's the only thing I don't like about my Mi 9. I would much prefer to have a classic fingerprint censor under or below the display.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Poutinesauce wrote: For a mid range phone I don't think these are necessarily advantages.

An in-display fingerprint censor certainly isn't good. It's very unreliable, especially when the air is cold or most, and even when it's not.

It's the only thing I don't like about my Mi 9. I would much prefer to have a classic fingerprint censor under or below the display.

I'd say in display sensors work 95% of the time without issue. even with a tempered glass protector my Mi 9 will miss maybe 3 or 4 times a day.
Nov 20, 2018
156 posts
184 upvotes
Coquitlam
Poutinesauce wrote: I don't see the point of this phone. The Redmi Note 8 Pro will be superior in almost every respect for the same price, or for $200 more, you could have the Mi 9 which has a truly superb camera and a SnapDragon 855.
I remember reading that a lot of Redmi Note 8 Pros were having problems with their touchscreens.
https://c.mi.com/thread-2554534-1-0.html

Anyone know if the Mi 9 lite has been better in this respect?
Nov 20, 2018
156 posts
184 upvotes
Coquitlam
umcsdon wrote: The code is applies to the 6/64GB version. OP posted a link to 6/128GB.
For the 128GB version use code BG129CL
This brings the 128GB version price down from CAD422. 86 to CAD312.82
Images
  • upload.png
  • upload.png
Nov 20, 2018
156 posts
184 upvotes
Coquitlam
Btw, anyone have experience ordering from Banggood? How does it compare to ordering from Aliexpress?
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Any deals on Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Premium Edition?
Nov 7, 2008
543 posts
322 upvotes
Vancouver
It's only been two weeks since I ordered a P30 Lite 4GB/64GB off Aliexpress for around $260, but that hasn't arrived yet. I think I'm gonna have to jump on this deal and return the P30 Lite, the Mi 9 Lite seems to be slightly better in every way for just $20 more as this totals $280 for me.
Feb 12, 2017
156 posts
202 upvotes
Rhynne wrote: Btw, anyone have experience ordering from Banggood? How does it compare to ordering from Aliexpress?
I have ordered from this website many times before, no issues whatsoever. ( very expensive items too...$300+ tablets)
They do give you a tracking # that actually works with 17track.com, unlike some Aliiexpress sellers.
If the item is in stock they usually ship in 2-3 days after receiving payment notice from PAYPAL.
Delivery is upto Canadapost though <----very unprofessional( Canadapost that is) keeps your item at customs for weeks unend, sometimes months.
That said I have received most items within 3weeks to a month of ordering it.
no taxes no duties, unless you chooses DHL or FEDEX.

They will notify you by email when item is shipped.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Rhynne wrote: Btw, anyone have experience ordering from Banggood? How does it compare to ordering from Aliexpress?
I ordered my Mi 9T from BG and it arrived in two weeks.
Much quicker than AE and you have purchase protection with PayPal.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2003
1531 posts
25 upvotes
I ordered this phone from BG on the 11.11 sale. It took about 3-4 weeks to get to Toronto. So far, the fingerprint isn't ideal like posters above said, but the camera is great, selfie cam is 32mp, screen is very nice and battery lasts all day. And it has NFC, which is not generally included on a mid-range.
This message brought to you by Glagnar's Human Rinds. It's a muncha-buncha-cruncha humans!
Nov 20, 2018
156 posts
184 upvotes
Coquitlam
vkizzle wrote: I ordered my Mi 9T from BG and it arrived in two weeks.
Much quicker than AE and you have purchase protection with PayPal.
Is it worth getting the CAD7.97 shipping insurance in case the parcel is lost or damaged?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Rhynne wrote: Is it worth getting the CAD7.97 shipping insurance in case the parcel is lost or damaged?
I paid extra for both shipping and customs insurance.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Beket wrote: Correct. You will not have LTE majority urbane zones)
You mean outskirts...aka boonies?
LTE bands 4 and 7 covers pretty much all major cities.
Mar 28, 2011
229 posts
210 upvotes
Local Ontarian Scotl…
Not in our area, North of GTA.
Nov 1, 2016
63 posts
66 upvotes
HailHydra wrote: Xiaomi sells their phones at near cost, at cost, or even less than cost, so their phones are always great great value.
Their phones are a "great great value" because they steal IP. Large portions of the current OS including the Second Space feature were developed by and stolen from Ottawa company Graphite Software. They also have little or no interest in protecting your privacy. Graphite use to do full reviews of their software and APPS and they were jam packed with spyware. Xiaomi Is the equivalent of Huawei in terms of horrible business practices including IP theft and privacy violation.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1956 posts
368 upvotes
Kitchener
So what bands are necessary for urban and rural with TELUS. This phone sounds like it will work in the city but what about in the country side?
Jan 3, 2013
720 posts
336 upvotes
Winnipeg
Siinvestor wrote: Their phones are a "great great value" because they steal IP. Large portions of the current OS including the Second Space feature were developed by and stolen from Ottawa company Graphite Software. They also have little or no interest in protecting your privacy. Graphite use to do full reviews of their software and APPS and they were jam packed with spyware. Xiaomi Is the equivalent of Huawei in terms of horrible business practices including IP theft and privacy violation.
Really simple solution to the software.. www.xiaomi.eu
It's stripped and cleaned version of the operating system updates each week. Love it on my Note5 Pro.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
Siinvestor wrote: Their phones are a "great great value" because they steal IP. Large portions of the current OS including the Second Space feature were developed by and stolen from Ottawa company Graphite Software. They also have little or no interest in protecting your privacy. Graphite use to do full reviews of their software and APPS and they were jam packed with spyware. Xiaomi Is the equivalent of Huawei in terms of horrible business practices including IP theft and privacy violation.
Oh, just like Google and Apple?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)