• Dec 27th, 2016 8:11 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 3, 2016
411 posts
42 upvotes

Bank based brokerage

Is TDDI still on the top of rank?

I have about 60k and planning to invest in stocks and GICs, both USD and CAD.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1967 posts
3279 upvotes
Thunder Bay, ON
Here is Rob Carrick's ratings. He likes TDDI the best of the bank brokerages, but several independents are ranked higher. TDDI's not inexpensive and its USD handling is not the best if you want cheap currency conversion.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... e33238778/
I solemnly swear, to never assume I have an inkling at which direction the market will head, and to never make any investments based on a timing strategy.
[OP]
May 3, 2016
411 posts
42 upvotes
Deepwater wrote: Here is Rob Carrick's ratings. He likes TDDI the best of the bank brokerages, but several independents are ranked higher. TDDI's not inexpensive and its USD handling is not the best if you want cheap currency conversion.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... e33238778/
Thank you! No access to the link unfortunately.

No the best of USD conversion rate is fine as I'll deposit USD for USD investing. As long as it won't automatically convert any USD dividends to CAD.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1967 posts
3279 upvotes
Thunder Bay, ON
I did not realize it was behind a paywall. The only higher ratings were QTrade and Virtual Brokers. Here are the comments.

TD Direct Investing
Grade: B+
Carrick’s take: The lack of U.S.-dollar RRIF accounts is disappointing, given the attention to detail that went into last year’s website redesign (TD says this feature is coming in 2017). The site feels like the comfy chair in those TD Bank ads. It might be the best out there.
I solemnly swear, to never assume I have an inkling at which direction the market will head, and to never make any investments based on a timing strategy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)