• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2020 7:08 pm
[OP]
Sep 18, 2018
76 posts
24 upvotes

Bank Debit Transaction Limit - Scotiabank

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the types of debit transactions that count towards my limit as I have recently moved from an unlimited transactions limit to 25 per month to save a little on the fees (now using basic banking account).

I often times make purchases with my CC and make the payment through my online banking a few days later to pay off the amount owing (I know its a weird quirk....) but I was wondering if that counted as one of my 25 debit transactions for the month? I wasn't able to find anything in the fine print on the Scotia website and was wondering if anyone on here had experience doing this an knew the answer?

I likely will still will not reach the 25 transaction limit but wanted to be aware if in fact these types of transactions will count again the limit.

Thanks!
6 replies
Apr 16, 2020
372 posts
479 upvotes
Yes, any debit transaction on the account counts towards the limit.
Jun 19, 2015
994 posts
1058 upvotes
Yes, whether it's a transfer from Chequing to Credit card, or a bill payment from Chequing to credit card, it counts as a transaction.
Apr 16, 2020
372 posts
479 upvotes
I'd suggest opening a free unlimited chequing account with one of the online banks if you're worried about hitting the transaction limit.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1687 posts
1176 upvotes
Vancouver
Withdrawing cash counts as a transaction as well. Interac E-transfers, bill payments, and of course, any debit transaction is considered a transaction towards your 25 limit.
[OP]
Sep 18, 2018
76 posts
24 upvotes
Alivenate wrote: Withdrawing cash counts as a transaction as well. Interac E-transfers, bill payments, and of course, any debit transaction is considered a transaction towards your 25 limit.
Much appreciated, starting to sound like my pay off the credit card same day habit isn't going to work anymore, just need to retrain the brain to accept a balance for a few weeks lol