None
[OP]
Jul 2, 2009
403 posts
169 upvotes
Montreal

Baptism Gift

It's for my nephew.

Any ideas? Please share and be specific if you have a particular idea in mind :-)

Thank you
13 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
4824 posts
7143 upvotes
Ontario
If the nephew's family is Catholic, there are shops in most major cities that sell baptism gifts for that faith. Is this nephew a baby or adolescent/tween? I've heard of teens being baptised and adults being baptised too-much depends on church/denomination.

If a baby, religious storybooks or money banks (can get them at Chapters/Indigo) come to mind. Godparents are likely to give religious jewellery or cash. Or even a small personal Bible for future reading.

Older child-if savvy with digital life, maybe a digital photo frame to showcase all the photos (yours or the family's) from the baptism? Or a really good 8" x 10" photo frame that coordinates with his room or family living room for a portrait photo.

Older adolescent or adult-is there a cause that he supports? Or is there an education fund you might wish to contribute to?
2021-Be more colourful and generous.😎
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13628 posts
2392 upvotes
City of Vancouver
14k baptism pendant
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16881 posts
7170 upvotes
For our son he received a wide range of gifts: silver cutlery, porcelain items (music box, etc.), clothes, toys, necklace, cross, piggy bank, bibles, books, etc. I would personally find out what the traditional godparent gifts are and make sure t stay away from those (for example, a cross is something the godparent typically gives). Otherwise you are honestly OK with virtually anything that you would give for birthday/Christmas if you are uncomfortable with a religious-themed gift or do not want to get something that is more for show than actual use.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2009
403 posts
169 upvotes
Montreal
It's for a baby boy.

Money bank and music box are good ideas thanks :-)
There are going to be a lot of people so I hope he doesn't get like 5 piggy banks :-P
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2073 posts
2129 upvotes
Living the dream
Becks wrote: 14k baptism pendant
That's a lot of money to spend of a pendant. Better to just give an envelope with $100 in it.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2285 posts
809 upvotes
Ontario
The god delusion by Richard Dawkins book

Enjoy!
[OP]
Jul 2, 2009
403 posts
169 upvotes
Montreal
Any specific money bank or music box?
What stores can I look at? Birks seems to have nice choices online. Will check what they have in store.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 30, 2003
7701 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
Bambinos wrote: It's for a baby boy.

Money bank and music box are good ideas thanks :-)
There are going to be a lot of people so I hope he doesn't get like 5 piggy banks :-P
Presume cash or gift cards is the best choice. There will be tons of money banks, music boxes.,crosses and similar goods.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4127 posts
929 upvotes
Sask.
Bambinos wrote: Any specific money bank or music box?
What stores can I look at? Birks seems to have nice choices online. Will check what they have in store.
Our son got a Bunnykins (Royal Doulton) money ball - the pattern at the time was specific for a christening

http://canada.royaldoulton.com/bunnykins-money-ball

Also a plate/cup specifically for christening

http://canada.royaldoulton.com/bunnykin ... e-set-2593
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2887 posts
2251 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Bambinos wrote: It's for my nephew.

Any ideas? Please share and be specific if you have a particular idea in mind :-)

Thank you
A swim cap?

You''re welcome.

:)
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6931 posts
6458 upvotes
Toronto
Bambinos wrote: Any specific money bank or music box?
This one seems appropriate

I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝