344 upvotes

Weber iGrill 2 $64.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Barbecue World
Been looking for a probe for my Kamado Joe for 2 weeks, was always eyeing this one but did not want to pay full price.
I know there's better ones out there and the Bluetooth range is iffy sometimes but for this price it's a steal and I didn't want to deal with a wireless receiver I rather use my phone.
Price Match with Lowe's for an additional 10% off, got mine for $54.99 plus tax.
This is better than the IGrill 3, because the 3 does not have a display and it's exclusive to certain Weber BBQs.
34 replies
Mar 25, 2009
960 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
Good price but mixed reviews. I’m on the fence ....
Nov 8, 2007
577 posts
239 upvotes
Seems like a lot of hassle to use this how they show in the picture. It's another thing to charge, fumble, manage and clean while also managing the rest of the grill.
Would probably go in the drawer permanently after a few uses.

You'd probably get pretty good at telling done-ness by touch if you are frequently cooking multiple steaks.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19539 posts
6767 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Neo_ZX wrote: Seems like a lot of hassle to use this how they show in the picture. It's another thing to charge, fumble, manage and clean while also managing the rest of the grill.

You'd probably get pretty good at telling done-ness by touch if you are frequently cooking multiple steaks.
Yeah cool in theory but not everything needs to be phone-ized. It's not like poking things with a pen thermometer every now and then is a hassle right?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1116 posts
357 upvotes
YYC
I bought this a few years ago and I find it indispensable. The original batteries are still going strong after about 100 uses. I even use it when I cook roasts in the oven and leave it in the roast and turned on for hours upon hours. The original app was useless because it crashed so often but the latest versions of the app work flawlessly. Don't use the "Find Devices" button in the app (except for initial setup and synch to your phone) because this is slow and requires the location of your phone to be known - who knows why.... Just click the "Temperature" button and you're ready to go. Or skip the phone and just read the display on the unit.

I sear my steaks on both sides then cook one side then after the last flip, I insert the probes until the steaks come up to temperature. After all, who really cares what the temperature of the steak is while you are searing and cooking the first side and I can't be bothered pulling the probes out or being careful when I flip the steaks so the probes don't come out. When done, just wipe the end of the probes with a clean, soapy cloth and you're ready for the next time.

The only downside is that I have a hard time eating steaks when I go to restaurants now because they aren't as good as mine.
Nov 26, 2009
183 posts
81 upvotes
Calgary
I own one of these also and its a must have if you do any lengthy cooks on your BBQ or smoker. I have a pellet smoker and use this to monitor the temp of my grill and track progress when cooking pork shoulders, brisket, turkey, etc. It's even great to do cold smoked steaks for a reversed seared finish. The quality of the product I'm able to produce is so much better when you're cooking to the proper temp. This is a really good price for it.
Last edited by jayace on May 13th, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3079 posts
1690 upvotes
Toronto
I know this isn't necessarily the same quality and max 2 probes, but I have had this for 2 years and purchased 4 of them as gifts now. Great devices and seem to have held up really well for $24

https://www.amazon.ca/Upgraded-ThermoPr ... 149&sr=8-7

Edit: also isn't bluetooth per below but personally not an issue
Last edited by AstonM on May 13th, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2009
183 posts
81 upvotes
Calgary
AstonM wrote: I know this isn't necessarily the same quality and max 2 probes, but I have had this for 2 years and purchased 4 of them as gifts now. Great devices and seem to have held up really well for $24

https://www.amazon.ca/Upgraded-ThermoPr ... 149&sr=8-7
This also isn't bluetooth so you can't monitor it remotely if you're cooking outside, etc.
Jan 13, 2017
393 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Pricematch at Lowes or Home Depot possible?
Dec 31, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for this OP, I've been thinking of replacing my trusty Maverick ET-732 with this but wasn't keen on paying the full price. Went to HD with my phone, and they price matched and gave an addtional 10%. 65 bucks out the door, very happy.

Any place to get the ambient probe at a good price? Thanks.
May 18, 2018
479 posts
412 upvotes
If you probe your meat you're going to lose all the juice. My recommendation is learn to feel the doneness of different meats, it takes time/experience but well it's well worth it and super easy.

Or just probe the thickest piece, no reason to probe all the meat on the grill.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
741 posts
344 upvotes
Neo_ZX wrote: Seems like a lot of hassle to use this how they show in the picture. It's another thing to charge, fumble, manage and clean while also managing the rest of the grill.

The uses for this is for long and slow cooks not for everyday grilling.
I got it because i'm making a prime rib and dont want to overcook it
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
741 posts
344 upvotes
rendered22 wrote: Pricematch at Lowes or Home Depot possible?
I successfully price matched with Lowe's
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3169 posts
2044 upvotes
Langley
https://www.amazon.ca/ThermoPro-TP-16-T ... 245&sr=8-8

This is what i've been using for the last two years. Works great and way cheaper. we use it daily for our meats and they always come out great. I would skip this fancy weber thermometer and just get the one above.

We love ours.

Not sure why you need to monitor this via bluetooth, seems like a gimmick, these models have a beeper when it reaches a certain temperature, isn't that enough? How do you guys cook? having bluetooth doesn't seem beneficial to me.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2008
741 posts
344 upvotes
jellytime wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/ThermoPro-TP-16-T ... 245&sr=8-8

This is what i've been using for the last two years. Works great and way cheaper. we use it daily for our meats and they always come out great. I would skip this fancy weber thermometer and just get the one above.

We love ours.

Not sure why you need to monitor this via bluetooth, seems like a gimmick, these models have a beeper when it reaches a certain temperature, isn't that enough? How do you guys cook? having bluetooth doesn't seem beneficial to me.
It's not a gimmick. I have my Kamado outside and I want to cook something for 6 to 8 hours, I'm not gonna hear the beeper if I'm inside watching tv or doing whatever, I can just pick up my phone and check the temp, or an alarm will sound within the app.
Aug 23, 2012
125 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal
PanchoVilla wrote: If you probe your meat you're going to lose all the juice. My recommendation is learn to feel the doneness of different meats, it takes time/experience but well it's well worth it and super easy.

Or just probe the thickest piece, no reason to probe all the meat on the grill.
If you keep probing the meat, yeah you're gonna lose the juice. But the purpose if this is to insert the probe in the meat and leave it in for the whole cook. You mainly use this with low and slow cooking/smoking so you can take out the meat when it is PERFECT, not when you think that it feels like your palm or whatever. When you cook a brisket or a pork shoulder for 16 hours in your smoker, you want tout take it out at the perfect temp! Even on bbq comps they use these things.

I have one ans it's great, but it has a really short range and that's bugging me alot!!
Last edited by ezekielz on May 13th, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1014 posts
290 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Tried to use paypal but het a message "Paypal gateway has rejected request. Account is restricted." I know my account is ok....wonder whats up
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3169 posts
2044 upvotes
Langley
AceMagnet wrote: It's not a gimmick. I have my Kamado outside and I want to cook something for 6 to 8 hours, I'm not gonna hear the beeper if I'm inside watching tv or doing whatever, I can just pick up my phone and check the temp, or an alarm will sound within the app.
That's fair.

I stand corrected.
Aug 13, 2006
755 posts
530 upvotes
Ottawa
AceMagnet wrote: It's not a gimmick. I have my Kamado outside and I want to cook something for 6 to 8 hours, I'm not gonna hear the beeper if I'm inside watching tv or doing whatever, I can just pick up my phone and check the temp, or an alarm will sound within the app.
Exactly this. I cannot imagine using my Bit Boss without this thing. I got this one sometime ago and pretty happy with the product. Price for iGrill 2 looks really good. I would get it if I did't have one already.