Investing

Barrick Gold Corp

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2014 2:46 pm
Nov 27, 2009
319 posts
25 upvotes
I don't know about 60-70 but I do think Barrick and some of the other larger miners will go up quite a bit by the end of this year.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3218 upvotes
Calgary
Musabbir wrote: I don't know about 60-70 but I do think Barrick and some of the other larger miners will go up quite a bit by the end of this year.
Barrick was $55 last year.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Dec 11, 2009
203 posts
21 upvotes
Just bought shares at 34.36 (on the NYSE, since I only have US funds).

My first stock/investment purchase ever, I'm excited. Here's hoping for a good 2013. :cheesygri
“There are two sorts of people. The players and the pieces.” ~ Petyr Baelish
May 30, 2005
979 posts
74 upvotes
What do you guys think of IMG? I am thinking of either ABX or IMG.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5301 posts
541 upvotes
Markham
IAMGold getting hammered today (-11%) after releasing 2013 guidance (flat production & higher cash costs than expected)...
A sign of things to come from other big name gold miners?
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1205 posts
275 upvotes
Thoughts on IAMGOLD?
It's hit a 52 week low.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2007
5470 posts
1891 upvotes
HUI was down 2% yesterday and is down 1.2% today
it's been in down trend for a while now. Why do you people buy something that goes down?
Gold is pretty bearish now and will retest 1500 soon. That will put a squeeze on miners margins and will further pressure their stock price.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2951 posts
2525 upvotes
Montreal
LionheartMG wrote: Just bought shares at 34.36 (on the NYSE, since I only have US funds).

My first stock/investment purchase ever, I'm excited. Here's hoping for a good 2013. :cheesygri
Hoping for the best. I am too about to make my first stock purchase ever, debating whether to buy IMG or AAPL. I am kind of nervous. :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2007
5470 posts
1891 upvotes
bgallagher wrote: Hoping for the best. I am too about to make my first stock purchase ever, debating whether to buy IMG or AAPL. I am kind of nervous. :confused:
don't buy anything, wait for better prices
Nov 27, 2009
319 posts
25 upvotes
What do you guys think about Kinross(KGC and K)? The stock has been going down for a while. Is it a good point to get in?
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3218 upvotes
Calgary
Musabbir wrote: What do you guys think about Kinross(KGC and K)? The stock has been going down for a while. Is it a good point to get in?
Why would you just buy one member of the overall group? Diversification is your friend.
TodayHello wrote: ...The Banks are smarter than you - they have floors full of people whose job it is to read Mark77 posts...
Nov 27, 2009
319 posts
25 upvotes
Planning on diversifying...however I am trying to buy low and trying to decide if this is a good point for it.
Mark77 wrote: Why would you just buy one member of the overall group? Diversification is your friend.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3218 upvotes
Calgary
Musabbir wrote: Planning on diversifying...however I am trying to buy low and trying to decide if this is a good point for it.
You never really know where the true bottom is, but these things could start moving very quickly once sentiment changes.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5301 posts
541 upvotes
Markham
Mark77 wrote: You never really know where the true bottom is, but these things could start moving very quickly once sentiment changes.
I think the recent decline for the senior producers could be partly attributed to sentiment change --> away from gold
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/ ... 3320130124
HSBC halved the allocation of gold in its strategic portfolio in favour of equities and treasury inflation-protected securities (TIPS) to reduce volatility, the bank said in a report, taking a much less favourable view of the metal as an inflation hedge.
:idea: :) :lol: :razz: :D