Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes

basement entry door leaky air + leaking rain water

i need to buy and install a brand new good quality aluminium door because the original i had installed was a very basic and cheap water leaking in,

any recommendation ?
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5143 posts
2871 upvotes
GTA
So the door has holes in it? Or the door seal not installed correctly with a gap between the door?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1159 posts
436 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't see a location listed therefore I'll quote you the going price for a pro to install an exterior door properly with the frame included and hinges attached is $400.00, if you supply the door.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 2, 2001
5143 posts
2871 upvotes
GTA
The leak could be a simple fix, either new caulking is needed or the door seals need replacing. Figure that out first before dumping more money into this.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
shabby wrote: The leak could be a simple fix, either new caulking is needed or the door seals need replacing. Figure that out first before dumping more money into this.
i believe the leaks is underneath the door panel
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2011
1159 posts
436 upvotes
Mississauga
First off I would ask if the exterior door is as per code, in other words, is it rated for an exterior door? When you apply for the permit it will state what type of door is required for the basement entrance as it's an exterior door. If it's not rated as such you would need to replace it anyway since you're applying for a permit.........after the fact.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 1, 2012
1783 posts
78 upvotes
MyDream1 wrote: First off I would ask if the exterior door is as per code, in other words, is it rated for an exterior door? When you apply for the permit it will state what type of door is required for the basement entrance as it's an exterior door. If it's not rated as such you would need to replace it anyway since you're applying for a permit.........after the fact.
is is by code! want a better quality door , another word upgrading my door with better quality

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)